PDA

View Full Version : I broke my computer !!!

IvyRose
10-17-2010, 05:48 AM
Don't ask me how i did it i really don't know... But i did :( i have lost everything all my family pics and all my kits and pages i've done over the 10 months of this year! i am as they say truly gutted, there's nothing worse than having to start again.. i'm just lucky i still had my old computer but it's loads slower and doesn't have half the space of my other so i now have to restrict my downloading of kits Boooo now that is bad...

Ambowife Designs
10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh No angie that's aweful hun, I know how it feels too, not good!! I'm so sorry hun.

littlespooky
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Angie, are you sure you can't get the files off the computer??

IvyRose
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I can't get into it at all, it starts up on it's own gives me the black screen of death then won't turn off. I can't even start up on safe mode it's well and truly doomed ...

digides
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
"so i now have to restrict my downloading of kits"

You can download, burn to cd, than delete off your hard drive. I did that a lot before i got an ehd. It's a bit of a hassle to look for the cd (labeling clearly helps) but better for sure than not getting goodies to scrap with!!! So sorry for your troubles.

PamR
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
just saw your post. See if you can take the hard drive to a computer geek, it may cost you, but they can usually pull things off the hd. I thought my old hard drive was fried, but it turned out to be a burned out power source, the hd was fine. But I have had a major crash & lost 2 years of photos. That will NEVER happen again, I have 4 external hd's, burn to dvds and have an online backup. I know that sounds redundant, but that's ok, I know I'll never lose anything again. Hope you can salvage your files.

Jean Ann
10-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Pam is right, most of the time a computer geek can take the files off the HD, I've had it done before as well. No Pam it's not redundant I have four EHD's and back some on CD's as well. Which I'd better be doing real soon. I don't keep any of my files on my computer because you never know when some stupid thing goes wrong and WAHHHHH

IvyRose
10-18-2010, 06:31 AM
DOH !! do you know i never thought of putting my kits onto discs how stupid do i feel now LOL... best get myself downloading and burning, i am hoping my dear OH can do something with my HD (when he gets the time) he's no expert but sometimes he can sort most problems out...
Thank you ladies you're an inspiration
hugs xx

littlespooky
10-22-2010, 05:22 PM
yes, that is what i mean, when my mother board got fried, the geek got all my pics and kit off the drive..good luck..just saw your post. See if you can take the hard drive to a computer geek, it may cost you, but they can usually pull things off the hd. I thought my old hard drive was fried, but it turned out to be a burned out power source, the hd was fine. But I have had a major crash & lost 2 years of photos. That will NEVER happen again, I have 4 external hd's, burn to dvds and have an online backup. I know that sounds redundant, but that's ok, I know I'll never lose anything again. Hope you can salvage your files.