PDA

View Full Version : My Shona's Gone

Ambowife Designs
10-24-2010, 02:14 AM
A Month ago we found out Shona had Kidney failure. After I came home from my 5 days visiting my Mum, she has been progressively getting worse, the last three days she hasn't been eating and she's been bringing up blood. Today we said good bye, she passed peacefully in my arms with Daddy petting her and Mummy kissing her. She's in a better place.
Yes My heart is broken but I couldn't sit back and watch her get any worse, she is now playing with our Kelpie Hope and catching everything she chases.

I miss you my sweet 16 year old Baby.

http://www.ambowife.com/CS/Sweet16Shona.jpg

Renee
10-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm so sorry for you Tracy, even when you know it's better this way I understand so much you realy miss her. Thinking of you!

littlespooky
10-24-2010, 05:51 AM
tears in my eyes, sweetie! I know it is hard but she was suffering...we had to put our casey to sleep 2 years ago and it still breaks my heart..so i know how you feel..so sorry..xoxoxo

IvyRose
10-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh bless i'm so sorry for your loss, fur babies play such a big role in our lives
sending hugs your way xx

digides
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh Tracy, so sorry for your loss! Such a tough thing to go thru.

CatSlater
10-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing those that love us unconditionally is so hard. God Bless you and your family.

ADBDesign {anita_d}
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Heart breaking to lose a fur baby. Our thoughts are with you and hubby.

johnsonrj@q.com
10-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Sending you hugs from MN! I'm so sorry for your loss Tracy.

kimberkatt
10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Oh, Tracy... I'm shedding some tears for you and sweet Shona girl... :( it's amazing how they wriggle themselves into the deepest parts of our hearts, my Satin has been gone for about 10 years now and I still miss her everyday! Sending healing thoughts & prayers your way, sweetie!! Big (((HUGS))) !! :XX

rabbitrun
10-27-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry. I had the same experience last fall for the 5th time. So far, I cannot bring myself to get another puppy. My Amber had been with us 17 years before having a stroke. I was so heartbroken but I couldn't stand watching her try to stand and fall over. we finally made that hard decision for her. The one before her, Daisy, died in my arms, bleeding from cancer we didn't know was there. It is horrible. She was 14 years old. The one I had the longest was one that was 21 when we made that painful decision. You know it is for the better but it is never, ever easy to lose a family member- two legged or four! My heart goes out to you

Karen AKA Rabbitrun

Jiskefet
10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I am so sorry for you....
What a lovely face she had......
I feel your pain.

It is good to know she is no longer suffering ,but it doesn't help, not really, it doesn't make it any easier....

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

Jiskefet
10-27-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1184/digilicious_autumnskies_2kl.jpg

Ambowife Designs
10-28-2010, 03:15 AM
OH thank you Karen and Anja I love your page hun, thank you so much for your caring and support everyone. The days are getting a little less lonely for me but I think it's only cause hubby is on days off.
I picked Shona up today, well her ashes that is.
She is in a cute little white urn with little black paw prints all over it and her name in gold on the front, she's where she belongs, next to me while I scrap. Though I still look down for her before I push my chair out so that I don't catch her tail with the wheels. Sigh, I don't think we will ever get another pet, it's so heartbreaking when we lose them.

Toiny
10-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Oh Anja, I was looking for this when you lost Spetter and I just remember the name. It's beautiful poem.

The Rainbow Bridge:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Smooches,

Toiny

Jiskefet
10-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Beautiful poem, isn't it?

I translated it into Dutch on my website www.jiskefet.tk. It is in the section Regenboogbrug.

I also love this page (sound on, and hanky at hand) http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html .
No matter hwo often I watch it, I will cry every time, even at times when I haven't lost a pet for ages....

I firmly believe my furry friends are young, happy and healthy again at the rainbow bridge, and waiting to cross it with me when the time comes for me to join them.

You know, I might not want to cross at all, once I get there, but stay there with all these lovely pets, my own and pets still waiting forr their own people, forever.....

Aveziur
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your loose! It's always hard to be without a part of the family.

SkrapperDigitals
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
AWWW (((((TRACY))))) :( I just noticed the lovely page in the gallery dedicated to Shona, soo sorry for your loss hon, the loss of a pet is truly heartbreaking. HUGS and healing thoughts for your wounded heart.

heidi
10-28-2010, 07:18 PM
*hugs* I'm so sorry!

Ambowife Designs
10-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone.