PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm addicted

cylynn
03-14-2011, 02:31 PM
A friend introduced me to the Studio after I had been using a scraping software program for about year. I love the stuff here. I have seen the light and now scrap with GIMP, a freeware Photoshop. I started doing the challenges this month and I have done most of them in a matter of days.

I'm mom to a 2 year old and 6m old. We are a missionary family preparing to go to Nigeria, digi-scrapping is something i can take with me.

Toiny
03-14-2011, 02:44 PM
LOL... join the crowd! It is so addicting. I've sat down, after the kids go to bed, and scrapped till the sun peaked back out. Ouch!

I bet you are just jonesing for more challenges. They are completely addictive.

Smooches,

Toiny

ps can't wait to hear about your missionary trip. Are you keeping a real-time blog?

mandak
03-14-2011, 03:10 PM
cylynn, hello! I've seen you around my blog a few times! Glad to see you jumping in here!

Ambowife Designs
03-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh welcome hun and how exciting for you and your family to be experiencing the Mission in Nigeria, it will be such a growing experience for you all and a priceless life experience for your children, even if they are still young. I hope you do keep a Missionary Diary. I read the book Poison Wood Bible years ago and it was incredible to read about! Though that was in the Belgiun Congo.

It will be wonderful to see your pages as you travel through this part of your life!! (((hugs))) If you do have a blog please pop a link in your siggie so we can travel virtually with you :)

Ambowife Designs
03-14-2011, 05:19 PM
hee hee thank heaven's for google, I found your blog :)

http://www.herenfamily.com/

Aveziur
03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Welcome, sure you'll have a really time here!

cylynn
03-16-2011, 02:18 PM
yep thats my blog, since i'm just itching to share my pages i post one every weekend.

My husband is happy i found a productive hobby since all the skills i learn to make a cool page can be transferred to different publications we put together. Like our blog header, and prayer cards that we pass out.

Just doing the challenges this week I have learned a lot and tried new things.

hee hee thank heaven's for google, I found your blog :)

http://www.herenfamily.com/

DigiliciousDesigns
03-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome! What an interesting life you have and I'm looking forward to seeing your LO's and hearing about your Mission work :DD.

Toiny
03-17-2011, 02:06 AM
I just bookmarked your blog! When my kids are off to school I'm going to grab that 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) and read.

I did my missionary work pre-baby in Mexico. My kids have helped with soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc. in the US but they haven't gone on missionary trips. Kudo's to you!

Big smooches,

Toiny

cylynn
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
testing my siggie.

cylynn
03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
that looks really small how do you get it bigger?

Toiny
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
It looks super small to me too. What size did you make it at? It looks like you are using the thumbnail image not the original. Could that be it?

Smooches,

T

cylynn
03-17-2011, 06:38 PM
I made it in 300 DPI on a regular scrap page then shrunk the canvas to fit the image. I saved that as a PNG and it made it this small. I tried using the same image after i uploaded to the gallery but then it told me it was too big.

SkrapperDigitals
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi CyLynn! :-) I can't wait to hear about your missions trip as well! It's nice to meet you, i know what you mean.. digiscrapping is so addictive! (and so is designing! lol!)