View Full Version : April 2011 Recipe Card Challenge
04-04-2011, 05:41 PM
1. Click HERE (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_189&products_id=7051) for this month's starter kit; it will be free to those who participated in the prior month's challenge. Please use this kit (or papers/elements you design in the same color palette) so the cards will "coordinate" and to ensure we don't violate other designers' TOU.
2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite Italian or Pasta recipes. This is a wide open theme ~ anything goes! Be creative and have fun with your cards! If you need different tags for your card(s), send me an e-mail and I'll make them for you.
3. Design your recipe card(s) however you'd like. Include your name, forum name, e-mail address ~ whatever you want ~ on the card.
4. Create your original card at 6" wide X 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels) and save it as a 300 ppi jpeg, quality between 8 to 10. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. You will also need to resize your card at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.
WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), do the following 3 things:
1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Several participants have asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!
2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1042). Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards.
3. Post a link here in this forum thread no later than April 30.
At the end of the month, all participants will receive your points and a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!
04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
The only way to be sure I'm first to post my card is to get it done before I add the kit to the store!! : )
The kit is finished -- I just need to find out my new password so I can get everything uploaded. In the meantime, my card will be a little sneak peek of the starter kit to come. You can see my recipe for Spaghetti Pie Casserole here (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p75156-spaghetti-pie-casserole.html).
04-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Cute card, Maureen. I can't wait to see the kit you've put together for us this month. And it looks like the gallery is fixed.........cards are displaying correctly again.......at least this morning they are!!
04-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Your recipe sounds good. Can not wait to get started.
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Can't wait, always my favorite.
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Yum...Italian, my favorite! Such a cute kit!! Looking forward to working with it!
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
This kit is great! I look forward to this every month, can't wait to see what I can come up with, :)
04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The coupon code for this starter kit has been sent to everyone who participated in March. If you did NOT receive it, send me an e-mail message or PM me here at theStudio and I'll resend. Can't WAIT to see all your great cards and recipes this month...
04-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Kit looks good, now I have to search for a chocolate pasta recipe.
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow - I was so ready for this......
04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Your recipe card looks great and sounds yummy, Maurine, and I think the recipe kit is sooo cute! Thank you!
04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
04-07-2011, 05:50 PM
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
04-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Here's my Italian Recipes
04-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Such great cards already -- I'm loving it! Keep 'em coming!
By the way, all March participants should have received both the coupon code for April's kit and the download links for March's cards. If you did not, let me know.
Cute kit!! Here's my recipe for April
04-10-2011, 05:54 PM
This is my first challenge. I hope this works! Check out my recipe card here (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/medium/lasagna2.jpg).
04-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Another wonderful kit, Maurine, and a really good theme for the month. My recipe is for some Italian appetizers that are family favorites.
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/elaine_aprilrec_Itln_web.jpg" />
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Here are mine:
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Here is my Recipe: Skillet Four Cheese Baked Pasta
1 bag Spinach Linguine Pasta
¾ lb hot Italian Sausage
2 Sweet red peppers
1 large onion
1 TB olive oil
1 – 24 oz jar Italian Sauce
2- cups shredded Italian
1. Heat oven to 450 F. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, cut sausage into 1/2 –inch slices. Seed and slice peppers and slice onions for a total of 4 cups. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, peppers and onions. Cook, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onions are tender and the sausage is cooked through. Add sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in the drained pasta and 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the pasta and bake at 450 F. for 8 minutes or until cheese melt and casserole starts to bubble. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
My family does not like ricotta or cottage cheese. So this recipe just leaves it out. The noodles are uncooked but with the extra liquid do just fine.
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Here's mine. It's a family favorite!
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Such good recipes and fun cards again this month! I'm happy to be surrounded by so many amazing cooks and creative layout artists!
04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Here are mine for April :)
Baked Pasta with Butternut Squash (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p75964-baked-pasta-with-butternut-squash.html)
Tomato and Pepper Lasagna (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p75965-tomato-and-pepper-lasagna.html)
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Here's my recipe for this month. Great kit, Maureen.........thank you.
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/Italian-Cream-Cake--72_for_web.jpg" />
04-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Your recipe of speghetti casserole, sounds soooo good.
Here's one of my favorite. U all made me so hungry, LOL
04-20-2011, 10:42 AM
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Here are mine
baked mostaccioli (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76136-baked-mostaccioli.html)
04-20-2011, 09:55 PM
I really have to try this one, I love garlic butter with lobster and that's gonna be starting soon.
04-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Here is my card (<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/medium/MCBsm.jpg" />).
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/medium/MCBsm.jpg" />
and the gallery link (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76147-manicotti-cordon-bleu.html).
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
04-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Here's my recipe. Been busy with the spring fling challenge, so this will probably be a one recipe month for me.
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/tropical_chicken_pasta_72.jpg" />
04-25-2011, 10:16 PM
We don't do pasta that much in our family with the exception of spaghetti but here is one that we used to have a lot when our children were little.
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Here's my easy Chicken and Rice recipe which the kiddies will also eat.
Chicken And Rice (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76371-makeyesup-chicken-and-rice.html)
04-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Here is my blank card and my recipe card:
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/medium/italianblankrecipecard-a.jpg" />
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/italianrecipecard-a.jpg" />
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Here is another card (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/medium/Tortellini2.jpg).
gallery link (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1042-recipe-card-challenge.html).
04-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Here's mine: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76459-pizza-roll-ups.html
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM
This is probably the cutest recipe kit yet! Thanks for this, Maurine! :) :)
Here are my cards:
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh my gosh, so many yummy sounding recipes!!!
04-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Yummy recipes is right -- I need a few more days each week to try these all! Great job, everyone!
04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
You'll find canned spinach convenient because it doesn't have to be cooked or thawed - just make sure all the liquid is drained off before combining spinach with other ingredients.
04-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Here is my recipe for Spaghetti Salad for the April challenge.
04-30-2011, 05:03 PM
lly I can get these posted. Thank you again for providing the challenge and wonderful kits for us Maureen! pigluvr
04-30-2011, 05:19 PM
This is my recipe for this month. I have included the blank with my download. There are so many great recipes to try!
BLT Italian Strata (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76584-april-2011-recipe-challenge.html)
04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
This is my first recipe card challenge. I hope I did this right.
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/April-2011.jpg" />
04-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Here are my 2 recipes. At least the gallery accepted them. Won't accept my other work.
However they are playing hide and seek in the gallery.
05-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I just wish I knew how you amazingly talented people created some of the cards posted in here! Mine may be simple but at least I am learning...
Maybe I don't know what I am doing. I can't figure out how everyone posted their cards in this forum. Oh well, it is posted in the gallery.
05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Here two from me, I'm squeeking in a the last minute again. LOVE this month's mini!!
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/Peppered_Shrimp_Alfredo_web.jpg" /> (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76596-peppered-shrimp-alfredo.html)
<img src="http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1042/Tomato_Feta_Pasta_Salad_web.jpg" /> (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76597-tomato-feta-pasta-salad.html)
05-02-2011, 03:15 AM
I'm late, I'm late! But I'm posting it anyway, please forgive an old lady!
Gallery Link: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/recipe-card-challenge/p76661-april-recipe.html
05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks for another great month, everyone! Download links for all of these cards and a coupon code for the May starter kit will be sent to all participants today. Can't wait to see your Mexican recipe cards!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.