PDA

View Full Version : The Challenge: Ruby Lane Designs

Toiny
08-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Amber & Angel, are you ready? Let's start with your challenge.

School is back in session in many parts of the world. For moms this is a time to relax. To drink a cup of coffee in the morning before it gets cold, to shower without help or even take a relaxing bath with all the trimmings of a spa right at home.

In my ideal world this would include a mountain cabin {in the Sierra's, if I had a choice}. Rustic, peaceful, quiet and equipped with an uber-modern bathtub for hours of reading. This is the theme of your challenge: Mountain Retreat.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/sharedimages/mountainretreat_palette.jpg

The Rules

You must use the palette.
You must use the theme.
There must be 8 papers.
There must be 24 unique elements.
You may not dig in your CU stash, however, there is $20 waiting in each of your paypal accounts. You may spend all, or none, on CU products to help in the creation of this kit.
Please credit the CU designers in your TOU.
You may use any & all of your own CU, new and old.
You must post the previews here, in the forum, no later than midnight, EST on Saturday, August 20th.
Please upload to your FTP and email me the file names. I will share with the judges.

Your judges this month will be Me, Tracy {Ambowife Designs (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_85)} and Anita Volmer {owner at digiscrap.nl (http://winkel.digiscrap.nl/)}. You will be judged on how well you fullfill the criteria, how well you use the palette, the scrapability of your kit, as well as the visual impact of your preview.

Have fun and good luck!

Angeltown
08-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you, Toiny!!! I'm so excited to create something with this GORGEOUS palette and inspiration! 8D

Putting my digi hat on now and gettin' to work! ;)

Amber Shaw
08-15-2011, 03:23 PM
ooooh! Look at that! This will be intriguing! :) I too will be gettin' to work! See ya soon!

Toiny
08-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Are you done? Are you done yet? Getting excited to see what you managed.

SkrapperDigitals
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
oohhh great palette! this is going to be exciting! :-)

Min
08-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Can't wait to see what the two of you will do - this is so exciting :((

bcalberti
08-16-2011, 07:01 PM
waiting................................. {somewhat} patiently.......................

Amber Shaw
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
LOL Ladies, well I had 1 paper done yesterday then I got a phone call. My mother took my daughter to my mother's friends home for a hair trim before school starts. When finished my mom's friend asked my daughter to stand so she could check her hair for evenness (word?)... at about the 2 minute mark, my daughter went out cold, hit her head on the counter and a face plant to the floor! SO.. instead of spending my first night creating, I spent it in the ER until after 1 am to make sure it was not anything serious. Thank God they determined it must have been some dehydration (thought I don't see how, she wasn't even outside yesterday) and she stood up quickly and her blood pressure caused her to faint! Tonight was school open house so as of right now.. I am at 1 paper and 3 hand drawn ellies... I am thinking it will be more of how I use to do in high school... burn the midnight oil right before my assignment is due! LOL

Miranda
08-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Such a nice colorpalette! Can't wait to see what they do with it!

Min
08-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Oh, Amber, that's scary - I'm glad it wasn't anything serious!!!

Toiny
08-17-2011, 02:58 AM
((Amber))) so glad she is okay! Kids know how to keep our hearts pumping don't they?

Big smooches for both of you.

Ambowife Designs
08-17-2011, 06:51 AM
OH Amber I am so glad she is okay too, can't wait to see what you two gals come up with ;)

Janet-B
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Amber, so glad that she wasn't seriously hurt. That had to be so frightening for you!

Amber Shaw
08-17-2011, 09:03 AM
aww thanks everyone! I too am grateful she is ok! Today was their first day of school so I told her to just take it easy on the playground.

This morning, I then drive off crying since my youngest started Kindergarten waaaa!!! I now have a HS Jr, 7th grade, 5th, grade and the baby is now a big boy K ... sigh!

How are you coming along Miss Angel?! :)

Toiny
08-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Look at you Amber, sneaking a scope of the competition. I see that ;p

Back at school. Sigh. We've got 4 more weeks. I need to come up with some more fun "Camp Mom" stuff around here. Big hugs for you. Sending that last one out the door is such an empty feeling, and such a big deal to them.

Amber Shaw
08-17-2011, 10:24 AM
he he :) No I wasn't! I was just um... checking on her!

... yes it so sad ... and guess how smart I am?! I FORGOT to get his shots! Nice! Now I have to get them before Friday or he can't come to school ARGH

Toiny
08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
ROFL! If it makes you feel any better... I'm pretty sure I did that with one of the kids as well.

On another note, here they don't check immunization records. I filled out one (1)! piece of paper to enroll them and bam. Done. No birth certificate checks, nothing. We started the next day. Maybe you should move next door to me?

DarlineHM
08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I hope she stayes ok...

kimberkatt
08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Aww, Amber, so glad your daughter is okay, ((HUGS)) to you! :XX

I am prone to blood pressure drops and fainting, especially if I stand too quickly after sitting for a while, I get the dizzies & flashing specks of light, but I've learned how to breathe to get myself out of it before I pass out... it's scary when you don't know what's going on!! Luckily, it hasn't happened in years... now I better go find some wood to knock on!! LOL!

On another note....... are you done yet?? 0:) 8D

LindaC
08-18-2011, 09:07 AM
What a fantastic idea... gorgeous color palette... love, love, love it!! I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!!

Oh my goodness Amber... I am so glad it was nothing more serious and that your daughter will be okay! (((hugsss)))

Now... let's see some previews!! LoL!! Good luck ladies!!! :)

Heatheranne
08-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I hope it's okay to post here. If not, please delete and accept my apologies. :-)

This is such a fantastic idea, I had to say something. I'm looking forward to seeing what the girls do with the palette and inspiration piece. The colours are gorgeous and I love the theme!

Amber, I'm so pleased that your little girl is okay. :-)

Min
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Is is Saturday yet????? :rolleyes:

Nanascraps
08-19-2011, 01:06 AM
what an awesome idea this is...can't wait to see what they create with that wonderful palette

Toiny
08-19-2011, 02:17 AM
You guys are killing me... it's Saturday in Australia.... Dying over here.

Twin Mom Scraps
08-19-2011, 04:34 AM
good luck ladies!

marieh
08-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Good luck ladies !!

@ Amber : I am so glad to see she is okay now !!

LLPooh1
08-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Can't wait to see what you both come up with!

Amber, I am so glad your daughter is okay! Very scary indeed.

Min
08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Toiny... what time zone Saturday for the deadline??? ROFL

Heatheranne
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm so excited to see what you come up with. Good luck girls! :-)

Toiny
08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Dork :XX. All Studio time zone's are EST. So Midnight Saturday. I'm hoping I can at least have my Sunday morning coffee with the new goodies!

Toiny... what time zone Saturday for the deadline??? ROFL

Min
08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Dork :XX. All Studio time zone's are EST. So Midnight Saturday. I'm hoping I can at least have my Sunday morning coffee with the new goodies!

LOL ... more hours to wait...

Ambowife Designs
08-19-2011, 05:58 PM
aww that means I have to wait till Sunday 2pm my time .... are you finished yet I am dying to see the kits and play with them LOL. NO pressure hee hee!!

Angeltown
08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Catching up on the thread here and you girls are crackin' me up! You know I'm gonna make you wait until the end to see mine right? bahahahaaaa 3:)

Amber so very glad your little girl is OK! Yikes! I'm sure that was scary. If it makes you feel any better I fainted once for no reason at all, too, LOL. :rolleyes: It was back in high school but they never did figure out why. It's been like 20 years now so I assume I'm ok 8)

I'm coming along w mine... working on it some more now!

Toiny
08-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Mean. Just mean.

Amber Shaw
08-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Only because I am going to a family reunion and I am unsure if I will be back on time and/or with any energy to fire up this computer when I get back you are getting this now :)

Otherwise I would have SO posted at 11:59 pm LOL!!!

It has been a pleasure and I hope you like my rendition of a Mountain Retreat!

I took this challenge to include things that would be an indulgence for me if I had time to myself in a luxurious mountain cabin overlooking the lake. Such as, a nice hot cup of tea or coffee, lighting a fragrant candle, having a glass of wine while reading a book in a bubble bath, then slathering on some relaxing lotion! I could go on and on but I won't make you wait any longer..... (drum roll LOL)... here is my entry:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab225/rubylaneDF/1RubyLn_MtnRetreat_prvw600.jpg

Toiny
08-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Yay! I see some things I love. No opinion from me till I take a close look at both, but woooooooohooooooo! My Saturday afternoon is going to be a very happy one.

Awesome Amber! Have a super family reunion.

kimberkatt
08-20-2011, 09:07 AM
ooohhhhhhhhhhh.... that is BEAUTIFUL Amber!!! Great job!!! <3

neener, neener... I was the first to see it!! na, na, na, na, naaaa..... :P

8D :l

edit to add - Toiny cheated! She MADE her post appear before mine... I know she did!!! or maybe it was those extra minutes I was drooling over the image....

rofl......

Min
08-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Ooooh, Amber, beautiful... I want to go there and soak in a bath with a candle and the view ...RIGHT NOW!!!! LOL!

Have fun at your family reunion (glad you have it, so we got to see your kit earlier, ROFL)!

Heatheranne
08-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Amber, it's beautiful! I'm feeling relaxed, just thinking about sitting back with a good book and a tea, while I take an occasional peak at the beautiful scenery. I love it! :-)

Janet-B
08-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Oooh, Amber! I can just feel the delicious calm and quiet looking at this! Just lovely!

Pixel Palette
08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
All I can say Amber is... I WANT TO BE THERE!! :(( This is absolutely gorgeous... so serene and I can just imagine it all!

ladyofthethorns
08-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Nicely done Amber, I especially LOVE that scenic paper!

DigiliciousDesigns
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Gorgeous, Amber!! Fantastic job, love the papers!! Good luck ;)

C'mon Angel....where is it....??? Hee, hee...

Angeltown
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
LOL Christine! You knew I wouldn't stop fussing w it until I absolutely had to post! :D

Here's mine:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6206/6064299452_b975d68cd6_z.jpg

I LOVE this theme and now I am SO wanting to get away! The mountain retreat made me mostly think of dark wood and lots of glorious nature so that's where I went with it. It would be so great to get away and relax for a while!

Thanks, T, for a fabulous challenge and for making me design something lol!

Amber, your kit is truly GORGEOUS! Love the soft colors! Thank you so much for challenging me!!! :XX

Heatheranne
08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh my! Angel, it's absolutely gorgeous! Super papers and fantastic elements. I love it!

I do have to apologize to both you girls! I can't decide which one I love the most - so I'm really pleased that I don't have to. They're both incredible! :-)

DigiliciousDesigns
08-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeeeep, I'm glad I'm not the judge 8D

Just gorgeous, Angel. I'm sitting here on a dreary Brisbane day, transporting myself to the wonderful places you have created through your kits ;)

Good luck, ladies, and GOOD LUCK judges LOL 8D!!!

Angeltown
08-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks very much, ladies!!! :)

Yeah, gotta say I never envy the judges in any competition like this - it's soooooo hard to judge artwork.

This has been a truly fun competition though! I hope a lot of people will sign up - it's certainly been good for me to evaluate myself. Limiting the CU supplies was a chore for me in elements LOL. I always mix with my own stuff but I've apparently gotten too dependent on having things like CU stitches at my beck and call :duh:

donakat
08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Great job on these kits, ladies! Love to see the slightly different interpretations.

Pixel Palette
08-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Very nice Angel! Love the blues and greens and those frames peeking out there... you ladies both did a fantastic job! :((

DarlineHM
08-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Great looking kits!!

Min
08-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Angel, that's wonderful, love it - I can almost smell the pines...

I've been switching back and forth to look at both previews, but I couldn't say which one I like better.... Good luck to the judges, LOL - I'm *very* happy not to be one :l

Toiny
08-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Woooooooooohoooooooo! Or do I mean *gulp*. I hate choosing just one. It's why I have so many pairs of shoes. Urgh.

kern53
08-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Beautiful kits and kudos to both of you! I would never make a great judge in deciding between these 2. I want them both.
good luck to both of you!

marieh
08-21-2011, 06:28 AM
wow they are just soooooo pretty !! I really like them both !!

Janet-B
08-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Angel, this is gorgeous! And now I'm running to get in the line for "sooo glad I'm not having to judge"

ladyofthethorns
08-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Very pretty Angel! Love the damask paper and the greenery!

Good luck to both Amber and Angel... and, LOL, good luck to the judges, ;) it won't be easy.

kimberkatt
08-21-2011, 10:49 AM
ooohhhh, Angel, it's beautiful!! Kudos you two, these kits are amazing! I don't envy the judges... ;)

bcalberti
08-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice job ladies!!!!

Amber Shaw
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank you to everyone for your kind comments!

Angel, your kit is so lovely, I am with you and everyone, I would never want to judge LOL.. . it was great doing this with you!

Now back to bed for me -- I am not feeling that great today and I don't know why ;)

LLPooh1
08-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Wow, both are so beautiful! So glad I'm not a judge... I, too, want both! :) Good luck, ladies!

ADBDesign {anita_d}
08-21-2011, 08:45 PM
WOW Both are beautiful and the colors and theme were terrific.

Angeltown
08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks, everyone! Your comments are very much appreciated! So glad you like the kits :)

Hope you feel better, Amber!

kcarlsen
08-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh! these are both so beautiful! I'd hate to be the judge here! great job ladies!

stmac88
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
WOW! Beautiful kits ladies!

redplaid3
08-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Both of these kits are awesome! Will they be for sale here or offered to us as part of a challenge or something???

Jean Ann
08-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Both kits are beautiful!!! Great job ladies. I too would not want to be a judge on these.