PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Chatter

Toiny
09-05-2011, 11:12 PM
For any questions, comments or useful tips to share as we wait for voting & the announcement for Round 2.

RoseMade
09-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I had a really good time creating my kit for Round 1. Everyone did such a great job. I have several entries I have not commented on yet since they were posted while I was ZZZZZZZ. I hope to get to them soon.

Congratulations to everyone! Well done!

Marcee

P.S. When I get home from work, I'll get my avatar set up. I always forget to do that - oops! :DD

Chrismar
09-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Wow, I never thought this would be so much fun! I'm now more sure than I've ever before been that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life ... although, I've still got so much to learn. At this stage I'm taking everyhting in like a spunge ... better than any written tutorial on "how to". Just do it!

Thanx Toiny for making it possible for us all!

tanteva
09-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Great that you started a new thread for us to chatter in. Got a bit worried where to chat when I saw the other one closed :) A big WOW for 81 uploads to the gallery!!! I know there are a few that posted more than one preview, but I guess this means about 75 participants. So much talent!!! I'm sure many will agree with me when I say I'm happy I don't have to vote on this :)

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you in next weeks challenge!!!

ksunstar
09-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Good Luck Everyone!

lbettis
09-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Had a wonderful time on round 1 and wish each and everyone of you Good Luck. Toiny and team thank you.

Cabalistic
09-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Haven't had time to leave love in the gallery yet, excited about all the wonderful kits I've seen so far though. Good luck to everyone, I had a blast this round.

tailz61
09-06-2011, 05:53 AM
waiting waiting waiting...serious i know you guys have ya work cut out for you but I just wanna say thanks had a great time and enjoyed myself immensely...but how loooooong do we have to wait I don't do waiting well lol I can't stand the suspense lol

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 05:53 AM
slowly been leaving some love. with so many entries.. it's gonna take some time.
Good Luck everyone!

Aveziur
09-06-2011, 06:12 AM
... I'm sure many will agree with me when I say I'm happy I don't have to vote on this :)

You're right. It's been a very difficult and long vote, but I love all the designs I saw :O

mrscwooddell
09-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I am shocked at how many there were! WOW! I so feel sorry for those voting...OUt of curiosity, do those voting have to download all the kits, then vote, or just look at them? Thats a LOT of downloading...lol
Thanks for the great fun Toiny and team! :)

Jilbs
09-06-2011, 06:19 AM
I was wondering the same thing! lol!

Thankyou so much ! I had fun & learnt heaps too! :)

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 06:26 AM
I can't wait to see what the next challenge is weather or not im moving on, i had so much fun with my kit and those colors! oh and thank you to everyone who left me such sweet comments :)

rabbitrun
09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
It was great fun ans such a lovely kit. I am glad I don't have to vote. There are so many great pages. Thank you for letting me play along.

tanteva
09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Now I've been a good girl and left love in the gallery for everyone. (I sure hope I didn't miss anyone, the phone was ringing, and I have this thing called "son" to deal with too ;) ) Gee, there's so much good stuff in the gallery!

amplantier
09-06-2011, 07:09 AM
I really enjoyed Round 1 and getting to see all the wonderful creations. I loved all the different perspectives on the daybreak theme and how each person took the same color palette in very different directions. This is such a fun contest. I'm really happy to be here.

mollyscraps
09-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Okay so last year, I was soooooooo nervous. This year I was able to stress less. Knowing that only about half of us will go on makes me think about every little thing I would have changed though.....

Ashkenazi
09-06-2011, 07:30 AM
It is hard when you are the other side of the world to most of the contestants, but hey it's fun...
Good luck to EVERYONE as all the kits are amazing and can't wait to find out what happens next......if l am lucky enough to move on....
:((:((:((

Paper Capers Designs
09-06-2011, 07:33 AM
There are such lovely entries in the gallery! I am new here and when I found the contest, I just kind of jumped and ran - didn't really take the time to say hello to everybody. Now that Round 1 is done, I can relax a bit and look around! Seems like a lovely place to be! :)

Chrismar
09-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I wonder what the next round will bring? For those who goes through I mean! Will it be much the same with just a different color scheme/palette ... or what? Maybe some of the more seasoned veterans/gurus can give us some idea of what to expect? Just from previous experiences naturally.

Cabalistic
09-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I didn't see it till after, but I only put CC (for Cabalistic Creations) in my filename/zip with the kit name of course, I hope that's okay! Fabulous work everyone, will be leaving love over the next day or so after I take a much needed rest. :D

tanteva
09-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I wonder what the next round will bring? For those who goes through I mean! Will it be much the same with just a different color scheme/palette ... or what? Maybe some of the more seasoned veterans/gurus can give us some idea of what to expect? Just from previous experiences naturally.

Well I don't know, but I'm guessing we're/you're moving on to lunch time ;)

Toiny says in the instructions for last week:
"all our challenges this year will revolve around a common theme 'It’s all in a Day' "
which is all I'm basing my guess on :)

lpoore
09-06-2011, 08:52 AM
now that the round1 is over and I can relax again, I just want to say,thank you to everyone who left me such sweet comments. waiting to see who moves on is so hard. I wishIi did not have to go to work tonight, want to stay right here ha

SnipsNSnails
09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I am shocked at how many there were! WOW! I so feel sorry for those voting...OUt of curiosity, do those voting have to download all the kits, then vote, or just look at them? Thats a LOT of downloading...lol

When I voted I did not download them all, you're right, that would be a lot of downloading! I narrowed it down by looking at previews and then downloaded to look at quality etc. Previews are a VERY important part of designing! A customer buys by looking at previews and the information you provide about the kit in the description.

Toiny
09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Huh. I can't "thumbs up" or "like" Stephanne's post LOL. And I completely missed this question in all the excitement. To answer it simply: No. I do not download them all. I rely strongly on my right-hand 'man' to give me QC & technical feedback (tou, count, etc.). And I rely very strongly on the previews to narrow my vote.

I do download my favorites, and I do look at those closely. Even with that, it does take an awful lot of time to decide!

vadkins
09-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Stephanne, I hate that my preview was such a rush job.

Also, I don't think I ever introduced myself... I'm Virginia, and I am fairly new to designing - just started in the last year or so. I have missed all the other big designing contests this year for personal reasons, but have been really excited about getting involved for the chance to better my design skills. My fellow contestants seem like great ladies - I'm so excited to see how this all plays out. :)

vickyday
09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
It's good to have round 1 over............I agree, so we can relax a bit and gear up for Round 2. I am hoping we will have access to each round, even if we are disqualified? I am fairly new to designing, too, and want to learn more than anything else. Does anyone know from past experience if the rounds will be open to us even if per chance we don't move on?

I know one thing FOR SURE..............SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I'm not judging! :)) Best wishes to all! Everything looks AMAZING from everyone! And thanks for the wonderful comments. I haven't had a chance to do any commenting yet............I'll get there! ;)

amplantier
09-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Chrismar

I'm not a seasoned veteran but I did participate last year. Based on that, I'm quite sure Toiny has some interesting and different things for every round, each one geared towards very specific things designers need to do to be successful. So I would be very surprised to see another round with a mini kit with just a different theme or palette. But hey, I've been known to be wrong.

Ann

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Now that i think on it..this year *seems* to be in line with how it's gone previously. It DOES get more challenging each round. So, yeah, DO try to relax and not stress over what will come next. If Toiny says this year's will be a theme "it's all in a day" we could guess that the next pieces could be an afternoon/evening theme, or a bedtime theme.. maybe just a large paper pack, or element pack in this theme.. but who's to say?
This is the 3rd time i've entered..and it's always a FANTASTIC learning experience. I've gone from having preview nightmares..to just really getting stumped with elements..i'm just not good with that part lol!

So good luck y'all!

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
On the last thread, it was mentioned that the name of the product should start with our name. I felt that my name would just add too much length to the product name, so I use my initials, "HAW". Is this a problem? I have to go and LSL in the gallery now. Catching up to posts and love leaving is keeping me very busy. lol :-)

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 10:55 AM
On the last thread, it was mentioned that the name of the product should start with our name. I felt that my name would just add too much length to the product name, so I use my initials, "HAW". Is this a problem? I have to go and LSL in the gallery now. Catching up to posts and love leaving is keeping me very busy. lol :-)

Using Initials is fine. my file names look like this PFC_Wintermorning_paper

as long as it's tagged with some identifying name you're all set.

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Using Initials is fine. my file names look like this PFC_Wintermorning_paper

as long as it's tagged with some identifying name you're all set.

Wonderful! Thank you! I've been listing mine with my intials, then the product description and never thought to check if there was a preferred method. A typical listing would be HAW_ProductTitle_PaperEmbEtc_Colour and sometimes I even remember to put CuPuEtc on the end. :-)

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Wonderful! Thank you! I've been listing mine with my intials, then the product description and never thought to check if there was a preferred method. A typical listing would be HAW_ProductTitle_PaperEmbEtc_Colour and sometimes I even remember to put CuPuEtc on the end. :-)

You're welcome :)

vadkins
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Phew, that's a lot, Heatheranne... I usually just put vrwa_productname_itemname.extension LOL! But I know some scrappers like their file names to be that detailed.

I did have my first design-centered nightmare last night. I was working on papers and none of the overlays matched their previews. :P I was on a deadline and I couldn't finish because I couldn't find the file I wanted.

Scary, but unrealistic. I always make the papers first. :P

tanteva
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I name my files like this:
EVA_[4 letter abrev. of the products name]_item.jpg/png/whatever

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Phew, that's a lot, Heatheranne... I usually just put vrwa_productname_itemname.extension LOL! But I know some scrappers like their file names to be that detailed.

I did have my first design-centered nightmare last night. I was working on papers and none of the overlays matched their previews. :P I was on a deadline and I couldn't finish because I couldn't find the file I wanted.

Scary, but unrealistic. I always make the papers first. :P

I'm sorry that you had so much difficulty with your products. I did find that I was watching the clock and at times was so flustered I couldn't think straight, especially when I started to have software issues. I actually took elements out of my kit and replaced them, then wondered if I should have left them in. lol I've put all the removed elements and extras into a RAK add-on, which is in the same download area as the mini.

I have found that the more detail that I can fit in a product name, the easier it is to find. I have saved them in the wrong files accidentally and have been able to find them because of the way that I name them. :-)

vadkins
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
That does make sense.

And thanks, I've gotta say, it was nice to wake up from a nightmare about work to my baby girl's smiling face. She definitely knows how to chase the night terrors away from her mommy. :D

ETA: Is the gallery messing up for anyone else? It will only show me 2 pages of previews, but there are five pages showing in the gallery... After that it gives me weird messages...

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 12:01 PM
That does make sense.

And thanks, I've gotta say, it was nice to wake up from a nightmare about work to my baby girl's smiling face. She definitely knows how to chase the night terrors away from her mommy. :D

ETA: Is the gallery messing up for anyone else? It will only show me 2 pages of previews, but there are five pages showing in the gallery... After that it gives me weird messages...

I can't think of anything more uplifting to the heart than the smile on the face of a babe. :-)

I'm not have any gallery trouble, other than it's slow. I figure it's either the amount of tabs that I have open, how busy the gallery is, or a combination of both. :-)

Toiny
09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm not having gallery issues. I'll try to replicate your error again in a few minutes.

SnipsNSnails
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I sometimes use the initials for the kit name too. For instance Spring in the City is a long kit name so all files started with sns_sitc_ and then the file name. I always use my "initials" as well. The most important thing is to keep you naming consistant, choose one thing and stick with it so that customers can always easily identify any file that you have made.

Organization and designing can be a tough balancing act. Most of the time, I'm OK with knowing what needs to be done and what I need to work on next. I very rarely work on two things at once to keep my focus. I might finish a kit and then do another before coming back to previews or stacked papers for the first one but I rarely start something new in the middle of something else. When I have month's like this month, LOL I keep a simple To Do list in my designs folder where I list the things that need to be done by due date. Since I'm going on vacation this month, I have a bunch of things that need to be finished before I leave that I otherwise would have had a few extra days. I get great satisfaction each time I erase something on that list when it's completed! I also keep a sticky in my CT Forum that lists my upcoming release dates and projected availability to the CT for those kits, this list is longer term and is updated as needed. Those are my simple planning tools.

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks Stephanne, for your tips! I name my folders by start date, but to name them by a due date, makes perfect sense, so it is something that I'll be trying. I do keep word pad notes in my folders with whatever information I need for the project. It sounds like you have it all together, especially with your sticky notes.
I have a sticky not app for my computer, but I've never bothered with it. I'm wondering if I can paste a note on my desktop!? If I can, it would be a great way to do things. Of course, I have my calendar, which notifiles me - as long as I remember to put a notification in it. lol Have a great day Steph and a great vacation when you get at it! :-)

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
i do the same i make a note pad file and just write what needs to be done and jot down a few ideas for what i might make next sometimes inspiration comes and i dont make anything on that list except for collabs and required stuff. but really i love when inspiration hits me my design process goes so fast and i just love the finished process!
Oh and I used to name my items with the kit initials like most designers but then I couldnt remember what I had by those designers, I knew the name but I couldnt remember exactly so being a designer now I just have the kit name listed unless it's a longer name like “PinG_MorningMonsters”

digitalscrapfun
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh my goodness...I just realized that I didn't go back and name all my elements and papers...I cannot believe I forgot, that is such an obvious thing that has to be done. I think that is really going to haunt me, ugh.

vadkins
09-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Aw. /hugs

I have done that before. That is a pain, let me tell you.... going back and renaming files. LOL! I'm sure you all know that, though. :)

Sugar Moon
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
This has been a busy (and long) weekend, so I have no organization advice, I can only really work on one kit at a time - I have to focus on that to make sure I get it all done right. I do have a notebook I keep where I jot down kit ideas, element ideas, kit names, etc. so I can look back through them when I'm ready to start something new.

Anyway, I think everyone did a great job and I'm excited to find out the names of the 40 moving on, but luckily I have plenty to keep me occupied until they are announced! Good luck to everyone!!

digitalscrapfun
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Aw. /hugs

I have done that before. That is a pain, let me tell you.... going back and renaming files. LOL! I'm sure you all know that, though. :)

I usually pick my name before I start and name them as I go but I didn't with this mini. I was so obsessed with getting it done and uploaded I totally spaced on renaming the files. I hope they don't count me off too bad for not having them named properly. :duh:

mandak
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
While you guys are waiting for results feel free to keep your designing gears going by checking out the member mega challenge: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=302 :)

Paper Capers Designs
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Aw. /hugs

There is a free program called ReNamer - just google it - then you tell it your prefix (or suffix, whatever) and add the files and it renames for you! It's the best invention ever!!

I use it all the time - it's probably my best friend! LOL

Country Liv
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM

That's a great question! I hope y'all look at the elements and papers at actual pixel size!

Country Liv
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
When I voted I did not download them all, you're right, that would be a lot of downloading! I narrowed it down by looking at previews and then downloaded to look at quality etc. Previews are a VERY important part of designing! A customer buys by looking at previews and the information you provide about the kit in the description.

Awe, gee wiz! I spent so much time on the elements and papers that I didn't have any time to do the preview like I would normally have done. Rats!!!!!!!!! Oh well, live and learn!:DD

vickyday
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
WOW! That sounds fabulous! Gonna have to find that one, for sure!

Thanks, Vickilyn! Great name, btw! (side note - my name is Vicky Lynn!) :DD

There is a free program called ReNamer - just google it - then you tell it your prefix (or suffix, whatever) and add the files and it renames for you! It's the best invention ever!!

mandak
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Mac users have a program built in called automator that renames files (and a lot more) too :)

Country Liv
09-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Wow! Thank you so much for the recommendation! I just went to CNet and downloaded it! And there is a recovery wizard for deleted files there too! WooHoo!:((

Paper Capers Designs
09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
WOW! That sounds fabulous! Gonna have to find that one, for sure!

Thanks, Vickilyn! Great name, btw! (side note - my name is Vicky Lynn!) :DD

Glad to be of help on the ReNamer program - it would be worth it to pay for it, just glad I didn't have to! LOL

Thanks Vicky! It's actually Vickilyn Marie....then I went and named my daughter Amandalyn....she likes it but has problems with small signature lines! LOL

Country Liv
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I was just checking out the forum that has the rules for the NDC in it and noticed that it looks like everyone put their preview in that forum too, but me; was I suppose too?

Jilbs
09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I didn't :) I don't think we had to. (I hope - lol!)

I was just checking out the forum that has the rules for the NDC in it and noticed that it looks like everyone put their preview in that forum too, but me; was I suppose too?

To rename all my files, I use Batch rename in adobe bridge. It's under the tools menu. Thankyou Mandak for that tip on automator I must go investigate! - (macs have so many cool features - I love it! Sorry to dribble - I'm such a Mac lover! :o LOL!)

Good Luck everyone :)

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 06:07 PM

No, it wasn't a requirement. it was completely optional. so no worries. I didn't post mine in the forum thread either. i was just too tired. lol!

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 06:16 PM

eek you had me scared for a second! i didn't add mine either

vadkins
09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Ooh - running off to find that re-namer software - thanks, Vickilyn. You're a lifesaver.

LOL I love learning about shortcuts for the tedious stuff. :)

Paper Capers Designs
09-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Ooh - running off to find that re-namer software - thanks, Vickilyn. You're a lifesaver.

LOL I love learning about shortcuts for the tedious stuff. :)

Not a problem! I use kit initials generally when naming my pieces, and I didn't like the name I originally picked and I was actually trying to come up with another name for that kit using the same initials so I didn't have to rename it! LOL When I found ReNamer, all my problems were solved! Well, not all but.....LOL

missys_bits
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
It's actually Vickilyn Marie

When I was young (and before I realized that the hubbie actually has a vote) I always said my daughter would be a Vickilyn! We ended up with a Breana lol

Renamer is awesome! I used it until I found out about the batch rename tool in Adobe Bridge. ACDSee also has a great renaming tool if you use it to organize your stash.

I keep a spiral notebook next to the laptop for current projects, kit ideas, things to do etc. I also keep a post it right next to the laptop with the 6 most important things at the moment- upcoming collabs, newsletters etc.

littlespooky
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I am ready and waiting to see if i make it to round two or not. and if i do i can't wait to see what the challenge is..good luck everyone!!!

katlen124
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
I use an exclamation point to start the folder names of the ones that are still due ... it puts them at the top of the list.

I also keep a notepad file with the instructions so I don't have to go back to the site for the info ... running out of RAM way to often.

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
is it sept 8th yet?

sailwemust
09-06-2011, 08:36 PM
You all are so organized and have great tips and ideas. If I don't move on to the next round, no worries for me, I am learning so much just by reading all of these notes and chats and ideas. I'm glad I participated or I never would have learned these things. Thanks everyone!

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
If nothing else, this contest is a fantastic learning tool! Every year i've done it i've learned more and more.

I also have issues with RAM. Found out yesterday though, that it's largely a windows Vista issue. so as soon as i've got the $200 to upgrade to Win 7 pro. im doing it! PSCS5 is such a RAM hog. i literally can't run anything else when i use it. So glad i've got my netbook, it allows me to still be connected to the net while designing :D

vadkins
09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Tell me about it! CS5 ties up everything on my laptop. I'm so excited about my tax refund upgrade next year. Till then I will just keep plugging along. :)

I have a notebook with design ideas, pricing notes, etc. in it. I hope someday I will get to half of those kits. LOL!

my2suns
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
This was so much fun! Thank you for the opportunity :0) Everyone did such a terrific job, good luch to all!

Renee'
my2suns

Ashkenazi
09-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Waiting, waiting is the killer...the apprehension... am l good enough to move on...Lol!
Well if l don't are we going to have like last year a chance to make the kit, but to put it in another category in the gallery luke NDC - Round 2 - Follow on...
loved following and making last year after l didn't carry one!

Good luck to everyone...fingers crossed and toes as well. Lol!

come on hurry up tomoz....
;)

tanteva
09-07-2011, 06:24 AM
While you guys are waiting for results feel free to keep your designing gears going by checking out the member mega challenge: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=302 :)

I'm doing this as therapy :)

mandak
09-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I didn't :) I don't think we had to. (I hope - lol!)

To rename all my files, I use Batch rename in adobe bridge. It's under the tools menu. Thankyou Mandak for that tip on automator I must go investigate! - (macs have so many cool features - I love it! Sorry to dribble - I'm such a Mac lover! :o LOL!)

Good Luck everyone :)

You're welcome. I use Automator for a lot of things, I use it to build thumbnail files for some kits, re-name my files and other things not scrap related. If you run into issues or want some help as to how it works, PM me. Maybe I can do a blog post or something about it at some point!

Cabalistic
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Finally got some love done in the Round 1 gallery, I think I got everyone. Such beautiful kits this round, getting anxious to see the results.

Is it morning yet? :D

Toiny
09-07-2011, 12:57 PM
It's not morning yet... but it's night where I am. Does that help :D

tanteva
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
It's not morning yet... but it's night where I am. Does that help :D

It's evening ... night don't start before 23.00 ;)

vadkins
09-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Hee hee. :) I love how Digital Scrapbooking brings together so many different people from all over the world. It never occurred to me to consider whether or not one of my online friends was in a different time zone than I was before I started doing this. :)

It's only barely afternoon where I am.

SnickerdoodleDesigns
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
This HAS been fun... just seeing the way it all works. I haven't participated in a contest like this before, so it is a new experience for me. Just like everyone else, I wish us all the best!

vickyday
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Eva, I like your new avatar! Cool hat! :DD

It's evening ... night don't start before 23.00 ;)

mrscwooddell
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Well, Toiny, if you will just go to bed now, then when you wake up it will be morning and you can spill the beans on this deal...lol
When I am anxious for something I go to bed early so it will get there faster....you know...lol
HUGS!

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
When I was young (and before I realized that the hubbie actually has a vote) I always said my daughter would be a Vickilyn! We ended up with a Breana lol

Renamer is awesome! I used it until I found out about the batch rename tool in Adobe Bridge. ACDSee also has a great renaming tool if you use it to organize your stash.

I keep a spiral notebook next to the laptop for current projects, kit ideas, things to do etc. I also keep a post it right next to the laptop with the 6 most important things at the moment- upcoming collabs, newsletters etc.

LOL - Darn hubbies!!

vickyday
09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
That NEVER works for me.........I can never go to sleep with something important looming on the horizon! :grrr:

Well, Toiny, if you will just go to bed now, then when you wake up it will be morning and you can spill the beans on this deal...lol
When I am anxious for something I go to bed early so it will get there faster....you know...lol
HUGS!

littlespooky
09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
is it sept 8th yet?

yes! another day to wait and i have to wait till i get home from work at 4 pm..ugh!

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
just another 15 or so hours to go! not that I'm counting either....lol

tanteva
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Eva, I like your new avatar! Cool hat! :DD

Well ... if it's a party, you have to dress up for it :)

sweethussie
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow all designers did such a great job, I wouldn't want to be the one picking winners. After all is downloaded I collected 1276 papers/elements and 2 sets of alpha. So huge and so beautiful. Thank you all so much for the beautiful contributions. XO :)

missys_bits
09-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Thats a lot of stuff!!!

I plan to set the alarm 15 minutes early to try to catch the announcement before I have to leave for work :D

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I want to know now! LOL

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't know what I want to know more right now... whether or not I'm going onto round 2 or to get the damage appraisal on my car from hitting a deer on Sunday night! Life is crazy!

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Help please! I did a boo boo and don't know how to fix it! I also don't know where to ask for help, so am doing it here. I tried to edit my photo in the gallery and it disappeared. Several uploads later and it's still not there. Does anyone know how to, or if it can be repaired?!

littlespooky
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
did you try to rebuild your thumbnail Heatheranne?

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
ummm. I'm not sure what you mean by rebuild a thumbnail, so I guess I haven't. lol :-)

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Woo! Hoo! I fixed it! lol :-)

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't know what I want to know more right now... whether or not I'm going onto round 2 or to get the damage appraisal on my car from hitting a deer on Sunday night! Life is crazy!

Not a nice thing to happen. I hope you weren't hurt! Was there very much damage to your car? :-(

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Help please! I did a boo boo and don't know how to fix it! I also don't know where to ask for help, so am doing it here. I tried to edit my photo in the gallery and it disappeared. Several uploads later and it's still not there. Does anyone know how to, or if it can be repaired?!

Sounds like you might have deleted it. :( If that's the case, the only hope of possibly getting it back would be if Toiny can go looking in the archives, but that depends upon how and when the system's server updates. Send her a PM with the name of the file to see if she can find it.

When I look in your gallery I see only two items, your mini kit for the round 1 and a 4 generations layout. Should there be more?

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Sounds like you might have deleted it. :( If that's the case, the only hope of possibly getting it back would be if Toiny can go looking in the archives, but that depends upon how and when the system's server updates. Send her a PM with the name of the file to see if she can find it.

When I look in your gallery I see only two items, your mini kit for the round 1 and a 4 generations layout. Should there be more?

Thanks for checking. I was in such a panic, I should have said for the NDC gallery. I know that I didn't delete it. I was very careful not to have that box checked. I ended up with a couple of blank pages, that I did end up deleting. My post fixed quite easily after that. :-)

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Not a nice thing to happen. I hope you weren't hurt! Was there very much damage to your car? :-(

Thanks for your concern, Hon! I complained about a knee ache for a day and my hubby the same as well as neck pain but he says "it's nothing". My son is fine too. But sadly, the deer didn't survive (I keep reliving the moment... it's yucky) and we're waiting to hear about the car, it's hood was severely crushed, a headlight broken and we were unable to open the front passenger door. I'll tell you though, it sure does put 'things' back into proper perspective. :))

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes, accidents do have a way to give you an attitude adjustment. It sounds like a lot of body work, but at least the mechanical is okay. It does sound heavy duty though. I'm so happy that you are all okay. Do you get to keep the deer? The impact area won't likely be any good, but there should still be some that's good. :-)

Jilbs
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
You're welcome. I use Automator for a lot of things, I use it to build thumbnail files for some kits, re-name my files and other things not scrap related. If you run into issues or want some help as to how it works, PM me. Maybe I can do a blog post or something about it at some point!

Thankyou so much for that - that would be great. Much appreciated! I have had a mac for nearly 5 years now, I really should go & do some classes however being in the country & having the internet at my fingertips makes it much easier to stay at home & learn on line! lol! One day... :))

Sherry_Lynn
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I am so bummed I didn't get to complete my collection for this challenge. I actually had all my papers and half the elements done when one of my dogs got really sick - I had less than 10 hours sleep in 5 nights and a trip to the emergency vets. Oh well you DO what you gotta DO and I had to put my precious Odie first - I am happy to say that as of today it looks like he is on the way back to a full recovery!

Good luck to everyone!

mollyscraps
09-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I concur. GO to bed Toiny! :XX

HUGS!

mollyscraps
09-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Sherry Lynn, I lost my 16 year old kitty girl to cancer in July. I am so happy for you that your pup is on the mend. Our furbabies sure do have an uncanny ability to help us with our priorities don't they?

I am so bummed I didn't get to complete my collection for this challenge. I actually had all my papers and half the elements done when one of my dogs got really sick - I had less than 10 hours sleep in 5 nights and a trip to the emergency vets. Oh well you DO what you gotta DO and I had to put my precious Odie first - I am happy to say that as of today it looks like he is on the way back to a full recovery!

Good luck to everyone!

mollyscraps
09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow, we created quite a mega kit didn't we? Or would that be a giga kit? ;0)

Glad you enjoyed the mini's!

Wow all designers did such a great job, I wouldn't want to be the one picking winners. After all is downloaded I collected 1276 papers/elements and 2 sets of alpha. So huge and so beautiful. Thank you all so much for the beautiful contributions. XO :)

tanteva
09-07-2011, 05:07 PM
It's the 8th now in my time zone :D

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I am 6 hours from the 8th...gives me 12 hours until the challenge....

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 05:09 PM

Good luck to everyone!

Hey Sherry! I'm so sorry to hear about Odie, but delighted that he is okay. I was looking for your preview! I'm so sorry that you didn't get it in on time. I know that it would have been gorgeous! Perhaps you could hang around and check out what others have made. :-)

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
My preview didn't go into the right gallery. :-( Unless I can find someone from the The Studio to help me, I think I'll be out of luck for this round and out of the game all together. Bwaaahaaa! It was in there! Now it's not! I'm going to have a good cry now.

katlen124
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
.... waiting .... waiting to see if I will be busy tomorrow ...

Sunny Day Scraps
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Getting excited and scared at the same time good Luck everyone...

tanteva
09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Well ... it's really time for me to go to bed now. DH gets up in 6 hrs, and I usually take my morning coffee with him ... I will be soooo happy when he wakes me LOL Good night every one ... guess it's like 10 hrs or something til we know ....

katlen124
09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
nine and a half ...

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
but whose counting.....

littlespooky
09-07-2011, 08:04 PM

Good luck to everyone!

so glad your pup will be okay! sorry you didn't get to put your kit in. there is always next year!

Enchanted
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
The deer was probably toast. if their stomach or bowels rupture, then it's not salvageable.

just under 3 hrs here.. it's 9:18pm. counting.. i need news.. anything at this point to distract me from other stuff.. ugh! lol!

KatyBugScraps
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
So I wonder if "early thursday" will fall closer to 12:01am on thursday or closer to the 6am on thursday. Haha. Aw the waiting is the worst, knowing that you can't go back and fix your mistakes. It'll all fall out though, and going on or not, it was great for me to put myself on a time constraint and it forced me to put my stuff out there for others to rate/judge/criticize. That is a big step. :DD

katlen124
09-07-2011, 09:12 PM
going to bed early so I can wake early ... :(( if I can sleep

Lizard Dau Designs
09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Sherry Lynn, I lost my 16 year old kitty girl to cancer in July. I am so happy for you that your pup is on the mend. Our furbabies sure do have an uncanny ability to help us with our priorities don't they?

Yes i too lost my old gent of 12 years this july to kidney failure! We miss him horribly especially my girl kitty who has been his soul mate for 11 of those years. We are getting a kitten soon so things will be interesting for a while. I am sooo glad to hear your gorgeous pup is okays. I want to say that you all have been soo amazing this year. All of the kits look absolutely fabulous and we should be all proud of the lovely things we have created. I have perused the gallery many times but do not have the time to make comments on everyones works. So please forgive me. I am actually quite lucky to get a kit finished this week. Thanks to carmen the other night staying up really late with me I was able to finish. I have been sick on and off every week for the last 2 weeks. I lose whole days being sick then sleeping with utter exhaustion all day. Best of Luck to everyone and many thanks to those lovely people who leave the nicest comments on my work. I soo appreciate everyone of them!!...Cheers Liz

Lynn
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Woah, it sounds like many have been having a fraught time these past few days. I am so sorry to hear of everything that has been happening Sherry Lynn and Rose Thorn, but at least you and your families and Odie are ok, which is the main thing. And I hope you are soon fully recovered Liz, sickness like that can be really debilitating.

ksunstar
09-08-2011, 12:44 AM
OMG Kristina! Checking every 5 minutes isn't going to make anything appear. Get your dang work done!

:-)

RoseMade
09-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I am also sorry to hear about all the troubles going around. I hope things improve for you soon.

4 hours - 10 minutes.....

Lizard Dau Designs
09-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Woah, it sounds like many have been having a fraught time these past few days. I am so sorry to hear of everything that has been happening Sherry Lynn and Rose Thorn, but at least you and your families and Odie are ok, which is the main thing. And I hope you are soon fully recovered Liz, sickness like that can be really debilitating.

yes i sooo hope so too...this is getting very frustrating for me...was meant to see the doc on the 20th but cannot now see her until the 4th of october...i soo hope to get this under control before then at least..i am a newly diagnosed diabetic and me thinks that is what is causing my sickness!!..oh wells..it could be worse i could be pregnant ha ha ha...that would be a miricle...thanks soo much for the well wishing hun...and yep i have certainly worn away my refresh button and hubby is rousing from his last dose of sleeping pills (keeps him out of my hair whilst i create)...LOL..LOL..nah only jokings...good lucks everybodeeees!!...cheers liz oh if ya see a husband wondering the streets aimlessly, half asleep and a little dazed just turn him around and point him in the direction of home...he will find his way back!!

vadkins
09-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Ugh. I can't anymore... the baby will want to be up at 6 sharp and that gives me less than 4 hours of sleep. Got to go to bed now.

I'm crossing my fingers that I made it - but even if not it will have been a great learning experience for me. :)

Goodnight all, see you in the morning! :)

katlen124
09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
so glad your pup will be okay! sorry you didn't get to put your kit in. there is always next year!

Last year, they had a "play along group" for those who didn't make it.

My first round this year is not my best. With visitors for the holiday weekend and computer problems, didn't spend as much time with the kit as I should have.

katlen124
09-08-2011, 01:37 AM
best wishes. My mom took about 2 years to settle her diabetes to diet only control. The first part is icky. After 5 years, she is doing great.

..i am a newly diagnosed diabetic and me thinks that is what is causing my sickness!!..

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Ugh ... I started chewing my nails ... It's now 08:39 on the 8th in South Africa. How long to go till we know?
:blech: :grrr: :confused: 8|

Lizard Dau Designs
09-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Last year, they had a "play along group" for those who didn't make it.

My first round this year is not my best. With visitors for the holiday weekend and computer problems, didn't spend as much time with the kit as I should have.

hey katlen..i think your kit is fabo...thanks soo much for the best wishes too..yes i am struggling a bit but getting there with the diet...wow 2 years..i am hoping to nail it in a matter of months..oh well i will keep on at it!!...best of luck everyone..i have all appendages crossed!!!...cheers liz

tanteva
09-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Ugh ... I started chewing my nails ... It's now 08:39 on the 8th in South Africa. How long to go till we know?
:blech: :grrr: :confused: 8|

I think it will be around noon our time :)

tailz61
09-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Tis about 7.30pm my time...least I have to get up early to find out what's happening :)

tanteva
09-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Good thing I have some CT work to do besides biting my nails :)

RoseMade
09-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Less than an hour to go...EEEEK!

Good luck, everyone!

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Good thing I have some CT work to do besides biting my nails :)

I just hope my boss stays away for another 20 minutes or so! ;)

Lynn
09-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Well, I'm self employed so the only boss I have is me! The only problem is that the boss in me keeps wanting me to work whilst the designer in me wants to find out if I've moved on to round 1! As a result, nothing is getting done!

Country Liv
09-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Congrats to all who made the cut!

RoseMade
09-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Congratulations to those moving on to Round 2. I didn't make it, but that's okay. I'll have more time to download the kits you create :DD.

Marcee

ladyofthethorns
09-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Thank you Lynn. Yes, we're all OK... haven't heard about the car yet.

Liz, I hope you're feeling your full, chipper self soon.

And Sherry Lynn, I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on in your life, I couldn't find the thread but I hope all's well soon.

amplantier
09-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Congratulations to all those moving on to round 2 and to everyone who participated in round 1. I loved all the wonderfully creative takes on the title, Daybreak. Great work.

tanteva
09-09-2011, 04:50 AM
I've been made aware that my band width was exceded at box.net In case someone still wants it, I have updated the post now with a link to download the kit at 4shared as well. It's the first time I've used box.net, and wasn't aware about the band width problem.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/ndc-2011-3a-round-1/p82097-morning-tea-mini-kit-cpage3.html