PDA

View Full Version : How many are moving on?

Toiny
09-06-2011, 03:59 AM
I know some of you are very anxious for these numbers.... so here we go!

Moving on, per round:

Round 1: 40 will go to Round 2
Round 2: 20 will go to Round 3
Round 3: 10 will go to Round 4
Round 4: 3 Finalists will win a Wacom Bamboo and a Studio Designer Offer

RoseMade
09-06-2011, 04:36 AM
I know it will be a very hard decision to make if half are being cut.
Good luck everyone!
Shhh...don't tell that I am posting this at work. ;)

Marcee

Cabalistic
09-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Wow, so many entries. I don't envy the judges that's for sure! Can't wait to see the final results!Good luck everyone! :D

Enchanted
09-06-2011, 05:51 AM
wow! that's A LOT to sort through! good luck :)

mommykinz987
09-06-2011, 05:52 AM
I didn't end up submitting a kit, just couldn't get the embellisments finished, but I learned a lot and that's good enough for me. Good Luck everyone - your kits look fabulous!

jusmedigital
09-06-2011, 07:20 AM
good luck everyone!

Paper Capers Designs
09-06-2011, 07:36 AM
As everybody else said - I don't envy the judges! But good luck to all judges and contestants!! Can't wait to see who moves on!

Chrismar
09-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanx for telling us Toiny. Sorry to bother you but approximately when will the results be posted? I'm battling and cannot get my mind to focus on my work!

kimberkatt
09-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Results will be posted early morning Sept. 8th ;) Best of luck to you all! Now I need to go stress about the voting... OY! :duh: You guys made this WAY too difficult!!! :))

Cabalistic
09-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Hmm, I thought I saw somewhere that Toiny said the list for Round 2 would be posted sometime today. Perhaps I read it wrong? Regardless, I'm gonna try to relax and go over some ideas for round 2 with fingers crossed. :D

lpoore
09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I can't hardly wait, sure would be hard to pick..

vadkins
09-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Wow. You guys really do have a hard job ahead! I'm excited that so many are participating, though. What a great contest!

Toiny
09-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Sorry guys! We need time to vote. The list will be posted early on Thursday, followed shortly by the round 2 challenge posting.

I apologize for the confusion. Today I only posted the numbers of how many are moving forward. Not the list of those moving on.

Hang in there! You made it tough for us. I still haven't voted, it's very hard to narrow it down.

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I got my kit uploaded with a little time to spare! Woo! Hoo! I don't envy the judges for the job that they have ahead of them. So many beautiful kits to choose from and so little time to do it. I've learned a few new things, had a hoot making my kit and have enjoyed the journey, this far. Good luck with round one, everyone! Now that I'm rested, I'm going to catch up on reading threads and doing some posting. Have a great day! :-)

Lynn
09-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't envy the judges at all. It may be nerve-racking being a contestant and stressing over what elements to make and so on, but it must be far worse having the responsibility of judging. No matter what happens, I had fun making my kit and learning some new techniques in the process, so it is all good :). Good luck everyone!

KatyBugScraps
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Will constructive feedback be provided on an individual or group basis, or not at all? With so many kits entered, I realize that this is a daunting task; but, on the other hand, any direction of how to improve would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this question has been previously answered and I missed it in the threads.

Thanks for such a wonderful contest. I am new to the forum here, even though I have popped in and out of the store several time over the last few months.

Fran98765
09-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Someone asked about the feedback the other day and they said there wouldn't be any.

KatyBugScraps
09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Someone asked about the feedback the other day and they said there wouldn't be any.

Oh. Thanks for the quick answer.

tanteva
09-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Will we know how the voting went? I mean more than which 40 that made it to round 2. Not sure I would want to know. I mean if you are #40 you know you just made it ... or if you are #41 and just missed it ... both would feel bad LOL

Toiny
09-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I think, just for that reason, I will leave how the voting went off the announcement. I feel horrible for #41, I can't imagine hearing that you are #41 would be any better.

Will we know how the voting went? I mean more than which 40 that made it to round 2. Not sure I would want to know. I mean if you are #40 you know you just made it ... or if you are #41 and just missed it ... both would feel bad LOL

Heatheranne
09-06-2011, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't care if I was #40, but yes, #41 would be heart breaking. I think it's a great idea not to post the number. :-)

KatyBugScraps
09-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Since there will not be individual feedback (which is completely understandable based on the sheer number of entries), I would personally appreciate it if any of the judges or even studio designers that are not judges, could jot down their overall observations of the entire round (not pointing out specific kits or entries), but instead noting common mistakes or eyecatchers (good or bad). I think this is something that we could all benefit from and it could be just quick margin notes (no need for a thesis). :DD Just an idea.

gail
09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
well good luck to all the judges sure do have a hard job.

msbrad
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I think, just for that reason, I will leave how the voting went off the announcement. I feel horrible for #41, I can't imagine hearing that you are #41 would be any better.

I think this is a very professional way to run this competition.
All the best to those participating, and to the judges who need to make the decision.

MozzM
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM
There are some amazing kits in the gallery and some lovely layouts created from those kits as well..
I dont envy the judges having to make their choices..
Just wanted to wish everyone involved the very best of luck..
Challenges are always good for meeting new people and learning new skills..
So everyone will walk away a winner from this..
Good luck Ladies :) *hugz*

vadkins
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Since there will not be individual feedback (which is completely understandable based on the sheer number of entries), I would personally appreciate it if any of the judges or even studio designers that are not judges, could jot down their overall observations of the entire round (not pointing out specific kits or entries), but instead noting common mistakes or eyecatchers (good or bad). I think this is something that we could all benefit from and it could be just quick margin notes (no need for a thesis). :DD Just an idea.

If you lovely, busy ladies have time, I would like to second this request. I know I personally would benefit from it a lot, whether or not I move on to the next round. :)

btmo-Pat
09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I was wondering, after seeing several well known designers enter the contest, if this New Designer Contest is for newbies or those who already sell their design themselves or at another store. Or does NEW mean they just don't sell at this store.

The gallery rocks girls. Awesome outcome for round one.
Good Luck to all

:((

Ariadne
09-06-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1273/DSSround-11.jpg
Mine didn't show up is it because I typed round 11?

prettyingreen
09-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I was wondering, after seeing several well known designers enter the contest, if this New Designer Contest is for newbies or those who already sell their design themselves or at another store. Or does NEW mean they just don't sell at this store.

The gallery rocks girls. Awesome outcome for round one.
Good Luck to all

:((

now you got me worried, since i am an established designer, so i went back to see if it stated anything, we're all safe :)

[B]The contest is open to anyone interested in becoming a Designer, whether you are brandnew, established or even just for fun!

Cabalistic
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Sorry guys! We need time to vote. The list will be posted early on Thursday, followed shortly by the round 2 challenge posting.

I apologize for the confusion. Today I only posted the numbers of how many are moving forward. Not the list of those moving on.

Hang in there! You made it tough for us. I still haven't voted, it's very hard to narrow it down.

No worries, that was entirely confusion on my part. I was wondering how all the judges could make such a quick decision with so many entries. :DD

I really like all the suggestions made so far, especially about the overall notes about common mistakes, etc.

I already know one thing for sure, I probably could have made my elements a bit smaller. But I wanted them to be adjustable without losing clarity rather than being stuck with a smaller item...but I'm sure some of them could have been made in a smaller scale. :)

My packaging was sorta last minute too, need to work on that for the *crosses fingers* Next round, or future endevours.

kimberkatt
09-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Another very good reason to get rid of the public vote! ;) These ladies put themselves out there enough, I can't image knowing that you just missed making it, I would rather not know anything!! This has been incredibly difficult to vote on, I've been stressing the past two days because you guys show such great talent, I hate leaving anyone out!

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Just out of curiosity sake - do you guys know who's leading etc? Like are you voting via one of those check off box deals that after you vote you can see the results?

tanteva
09-07-2011, 05:46 PM
This has been incredibly difficult to vote on

Remember the cookies ;)

kimberkatt
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Just out of curiosity sake - do you guys know who's leading etc? Like are you voting via one of those check off box deals that after you vote you can see the results?

YUP! and I can be bribed for details with cookies or chocolates!! ;) :DD

shhhhhhhhhhhh...... don't tell Toiny I said that!! 0:)

kimberkatt
09-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Remember the cookies ;)

Toiny, I swear... I didn't take the cookies!!! {wipes cookie crumbs from her mouth} 0:) 0:)

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 05:54 PM

I'll send cookies AND chocolate 8D and I promise not to say anything to TOINY!

So...spill! LOL

tanteva
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I just took this photo of Kimberly:

http://missebbis.blogg.se/images/2010/cookie_monster_80415589.jpg

kimberkatt
09-07-2011, 06:01 PM
:O :duh: Man, I need to remember to close my blinds!!! :duh: 8|

Heatheranne
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Please, I need some help with my preview for the NDC, Challenge 1. I've messed it up and can't fix it!

kimberkatt
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
I just sent you a PM, you are OK, it's still in the NDC gallery ;) :DD

Sunny Day Scraps
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
So excited!! Good Luck everyone....

lindz_e
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
hehe the cookie moster made me LOL for sure. =)

msbrad
09-07-2011, 09:54 PM

I love it! -too cute and I love your sense of humor. It helps lighten the nerves, I'm certain for those who sent in their submissions.
The designer contests intrigue me, as I love to observe. I know my program[s] and yet I've zero interest to design.
I am always in awe of the talent.
m

vadkins
09-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I am now tempted to bake cookies....

I am also tempted to stay up (working of course, working...) until the results are announced.... /sigh

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I just took this photo of Kimberly:

http://missebbis.blogg.se/images/2010/cookie_monster_80415589.jpg

LOL :l:l:l

lmjrocko
09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
No matter what happens this challenge has been a lot of fun~ Good luck everyone!

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, I happen to be on EST and it's 11:48 here....think it'll be up in 12 minutes?? *fingers crossed* LOL

RoseMade
09-07-2011, 11:08 PM
It's just over 6 hours until 6 AM ET. I am excited and nervous and worried. I leave for work in about 45 minutes so, I'll have to find excuses to keep "checking for important emails" until the results are posted. ;)
I'm thinking of having a go at a challenge or two while I wait...because I am putting off many things I really should do (cough - monthly collabs - cough) instead. 3:)

Also, I have tried 3 times to get an avatar up, and with both methods (direct linking from Photobucket and direct uploading from my computer), I get a message saying it failed. The image is less than 20kb. :confused:

EDIT: Well, it looks like it worked, after all. Hmmmm.

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, I happen to be on EST and it's 11:48 here....think it'll be up in 12 minutes?? *fingers crossed* LOL
My guess is 'NO'... if you look at the top of the thread it says round 2 starts on the 8th at 6:00 AM. LOL, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.:D

Paper Capers Designs
09-07-2011, 11:26 PM
My guess is 'NO'... if you look at the top of the thread it says round 2 starts on the 8th at 6:00 AM. LOL, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.:D

Well I was guessing no too, but she did say the LIST would be up before the challenge so I was HOPING anyway! LOL

ladyofthethorns
09-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Well I was guessing no too, but she did say the LIST would be up before the challenge so I was HOPING anyway! LOL

Yep, I understand. :) It's always good to have hope. :)

Well, it's after midnight here for me (I'm in the contest's time zone) so I guess I'll get some sleep and check things out in the AM... with my morning coffee.

Oh, btw, the layout artist contest has been posted for the next round and the kit's name is 'Afternoon Delight'... give you any ideas?????

Enchanted
09-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Yep, I understand. :) It's always good to have hope. :)

Well, it's after midnight here for me (I'm in the contest's time zone) so I guess I'll get some sleep and check things out in the AM... with my morning coffee.

Oh, btw, the layout artist contest has been posted for the next round and the kit's name is 'Afternoon Delight'... give you any ideas?????

Yeah, it's nearly 1am now.. lol! BTW, i'm in Southern NH, near manchester. Neat to have another designer in the neighborhood! ;)

guess i'll go to bed..the house is quiet..and the youngest has finally settled. poor thing is getting sick again :(

kakleidesigns
09-08-2011, 12:03 AM
OMG, is almost 2AM here in the very South of America, with a winter that refuses to go (that means is still very cold, I already have 6 cups of coffee in 2 hours) and waiting for the results, I think I am also going for a challenge while I wait, I can't go to bed and I have to stop eating...so..
Good luck everybody, and what the ....??? I haven't been in the gallery for 1 day and suddenly OMG, there are so many kits now and so so gorgeous each one of them..ok, I will shut up now.

vadkins
09-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I think the results will probably be posted in Challenge 2 - like with the layout artistst competition.

Ugh 6AM get here faster!

katlen124
09-08-2011, 01:10 AM
me too on all counts ... count down is less than 5 hours now ... and my allergy medication is not working with what ever is in the air ...

I have trouble with the avi 'cause I think it is testing and it is done. do it all the time.

It's just over 6 hours until 6 AM ET. I am excited and nervous and worried. I leave for work in about 45 minutes so, I'll have to find excuses to keep "checking for important emails" until the results are posted. ;)
I'm thinking of having a go at a challenge or two while I wait...because I am putting off many things I really should do (cough - monthly collabs - cough) instead. 3:)

Also, I have tried 3 times to get an avatar up, and with both methods (direct linking from Photobucket and direct uploading from my computer), I get a message saying it failed. The image is less than 20kb. :confused:

EDIT: Well, it looks like it worked, after all. Hmmmm.

Lynn
09-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Just under 4 hours to go now...unless they post early??!!!! I saw that the Layout Round 2 was up (another gorgeous kit!) so was hoping round 2 of the Designer Contest would be up too but guess I am just going to have to wait patiently (yeh, right ;), like that's going to happen!!! ) for a few more hours.... I just know I am going to wear out the refresh button on my keyboard!

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 02:00 AM
OMG, is almost 2AM here in the very South of America, with a winter that refuses to go (that means is still very cold, I already have 6 cups of coffee in 2 hours) and waiting for the results, I think I am also going for a challenge while I wait, I can't go to bed and I have to stop eating...so..
Good luck everybody, and what the ....??? I haven't been in the gallery for 1 day and suddenly OMG, there are so many kits now and so so gorgeous each one of them..ok, I will shut up now.

I feel like you Karen! This is my first try at being a Designer and it is something I want with all my being! I'm chewing my nails, for crying out loud! Disgusting hey? But, I NEED to be a designer in my own right and I have to start somewhere. If only I can survive round 1, I would have accomplished something, even if it is only to learn about deadlines.

But, I'm currently @ work and need to work but I will hit 'refresh' every now and then ... Good luck to everyone who knows by now how to hit the 'refresh' button ... ;)

tailz61
09-08-2011, 02:24 AM
just in from work while you guys in the states are still in bed getting some much earned sleep, still got 3hrs to go....that means after tea and shower all should be ready to read :) hope so anyways...this has consumed me all day wanting to go on the net to see what's been happening but work won't allow personal browsing :(

kakleidesigns
09-08-2011, 02:24 AM
oh Hi Chris....hahaha, how are you doing Hun?
You were in Australia, are you?
well, is 4 AM here, so only 2 more hours, and which challenge I went to put my head on?
in another kit maker one, the member mega, haha, I can't believe I just made another kit, and now I am too exhausted ...but I will wait for the results, then if I make it through I will get some sleep...and I know Chris how this feels, last year I was here, I was so close but it didn't happen and I love this place, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for so many people besides me...they are starting to hurt, hahaha, good luck Hun, I wish you make it through , I wish everybody I know and the ones I don't but I saw their kits make it too, and I wish I make it myself...so just keep it positive and don't suffer girls, pretend this is a roller coaster (if you like them, I do) and just enjoy the ride.

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Hi Karen, it's going very well. And no, I'm not from Australia, I'm from sunny South Africa. Luckily winter is gone now and spring is lovely. It feels like everything around you came to life again. I just love spring.

Good luck and I hope you get some sleep!

amplantier
09-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Up, reading and waiting with fingers crossed. I have to say, I've saved lots of time this year as compared to last when we the public voting poll results were visible. I was checking those poll results every few minutes, and certainly not getting much else done. I really like the decision this year not to have public voting for so many different reasons.

Good luck to everyone! This round has been so much fun and no matter what happens I've enjoyed "meeting" all of you here and seeing your beautiful creations.

Lynn
09-08-2011, 04:35 AM
I couldn't agree more :). Mind you, whilst I may not be checking the poll results every few minutes but I am certainly pressing F5 far too often for me to get any work done (which is what I should be doing ;) )

Up, reading and waiting with fingers crossed. I have to say, I've saved lots of time this year as compared to last when we the public voting poll results were visible. I was checking those poll results every few minutes, and certainly not getting much else done. I really like the decision this year not to have public voting for so many different reasons.

Good luck to everyone! This round has been so much fun and no matter what happens I've enjoyed "meeting" all of you here and seeing your beautiful creations.

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 04:44 AM
I couldn't agree more :). Mind you, whilst I may not be checking the poll results every few minutes but I am certainly pressing F5 far too often for me to get any work done (which is what I should be doing ;) )

LOL - I just hope the paint on my F5 button survives another 20 minutes!

Paper Capers Designs
09-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah, it's nearly 1am now.. lol! BTW, i'm in Southern NH, near manchester. Neat to have another designer in the neighborhood! ;)

guess i'll go to bed..the house is quiet..and the youngest has finally settled. poor thing is getting sick again :(

Hey! I'm in your neighborhood too!! Rhode Island here....you getting this ugly rain??

ladyofthethorns
09-08-2011, 07:59 AM
BTW, i'm in Southern NH, near manchester. Neat to have another designer in the neighborhood! ;)

Um, I think we really are neighbors! I'll PM you.

kimberkatt
09-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey! I'm in your neighborhood too!! Rhode Island here....you getting this ugly rain??

I'm in MA and it's been raining for 4 days now! :rolleyes: :P

Paper Capers Designs
09-08-2011, 09:33 AM
It's only been like 2 here, so I guess I am luckier....I think its "Lee" coming for a visit...as if Irene wasn't bad enough!