PDA

View Full Version : NDC Round 2 Chatter

Toiny
09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Chatter away!

Enchanted
09-08-2011, 07:24 AM
*squee* g'mornin! i've been up for nearly 2hrs now. I was so excited..^_^
Summer afternoon.. gonna be quite the challenge.. Onward!! Good Luck everyone!! ♥

jusmedigital
09-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I know...I'm in fall mode already. gotta think back a few weeks ago when it was 100* here

good luck!!

missys_bits
09-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm in FL and we are still pretty warm-with the exception of yesterday- it was an amazing 81 degrees! I'm actually nursing a pretty nasty sunburn from a trip to the beach on labor day with DS.

Chrismar
09-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Oh my Word. I was so excited about getting into the 2nd round ... I only now realised that I have never worked with a PSD template (or any template for that matter) before. I'm still relatively new to Photoshop Elements. I think I'm screwed ... any suggestions for a panicky apprentice designer?

:'( :blech: :o

ladyofthethorns
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Life sure is interesting, isn't it??!!

I posted in another thread that I was in an accident with a deer this past Sunday night... just got the appraisal back, the car has been deemed a total loss. :'( The timing for this is just sooooooooooo bad. I guess I'll have to try to find a place to buy super powers somewhere so I can design, do all the other social engagements I have this weekend and shop for a car too. Anyone know where I can find such a potion?? LOL

SnickerdoodleDesigns
09-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Sorry about the car, Rose... ugh. At least all are safe (except the deer.) ;( If you find that potion, would you consider bottling it? I have out-of-state company and will be at a conference all day/evening Friday and Saturday. Luckily she's a late sleeper and I'm an early riser, so I can squeeze in a few hours there. Yea!

Toiny
09-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I know there's got to be a great tutorial out there somewhere, I'll bump heads with my team & find you one make you one. Right now, you worry about designing.

Oh my Word. I was so excited about getting into the 2nd round ... I only now realised that I have never worked with a PSD template (or any template for that matter) before. I'm still relatively new to Photoshop Elements. I think I'm screwed ... any suggestions for a panicky apprentice designer?

vickyday
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
The easy thing to do with the template is open it,
select the layer you are going to "replace" with your paper,
"place" your paper,
hit CTRL+G,
move the paper around the way you want it to look on the preview,
hit CTRL+E.
Do this for all layers of the template. Then add your elements on top of the papers. Hope that helps!

MizzKitten
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I am really here?? in the second round?? :D

vickyday
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Well, now that I have opened the preview template, I can't figure out how to use it, LOL! In the layers palette, the papers are all showing in a folder. How do I get them out of the folder onto individual layers to group my papers the the template layers? I've never seen a psd file like this one! I use PSE6, in case that helps someone to be able to answer the question. THANKS!

kakleidesigns
09-08-2011, 11:23 PM
if you are still looking for inspiration, I made a few swatches that you might like here
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/kaklei_blog/Color%20palettes/

SnickerdoodleDesigns
09-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Vicky - This should help, if you haven't already figured it out.
http://www.simplephotoshop.com/elementsplus/en_US/ungroup.htm

vickyday
09-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks, Karen. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Might be the version of PSE that I have is too old! But, thanks anyway! I just downloaded the tif file and that works!

Chrismar
09-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Thanks everyone, I got it right. Vicky, you were the only other one who had the same problem as me and incidentally you were the one who gave me the solution to my problem. Using the tiff file, so easy. Thanks also Toiny & Karen, for trying to help.

Thanks, Karen. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Might be the version of PSE that I have is too old! But, thanks anyway! I just downloaded the tif file and that works!

missys_bits
09-09-2011, 07:41 AM
tiffs take up less room on your hard drive than psds anyway :)

SnickerdoodleDesigns
09-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Glad you got it worked out, Vicky (and Chris).

vickyday
09-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Glad I could help, Chris! I felt really dumb after telling you how to use the psd file and then opened it and saw it was different than I'd ever seen! :o Anyway...........glad we both got it figured out with the tif file! :duh:

Thanks everyone, I got it right. Vicky, you were the only other one who had the same problem as me and incidentally you were the one who gave me the solution to my problem. Using the tiff file, so easy. Thanks also Toiny & Karen, for trying to help.

missys_bits
09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
I got my papers done! I love them :)

And tonight (gasp) I get to go on an actual date with my husband! I may faint from the shock of it all! LOL Dates have been harder to come by since my daughter was born- we have had maybe 3 in 8 months.

vickyday
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I've got more papers than I need, but none of them are "speaking" to me so I'm still working! It is normally the elements I have problems with, but ..................

Lainey
09-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks, Karen! This provides so many features for such a small cost! If I'd known about this several months ago I probably wouldn't have bought CSE 5 Extended! [Just kidding --- I love the scripting in PS] Anyways, I have CSE 5 on my desktop and PSE 5 so this will help out tremendously.

Lainey

SnipsNSnails
09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Well, now that I have opened the preview template, I can't figure out how to use it, LOL! In the layers palette, the papers are all showing in a folder. How do I get them out of the folder onto individual layers to group my papers the the template layers? I've never seen a psd file like this one! I use PSE6, in case that helps someone to be able to answer the question. THANKS!

Yes, you can't use grouped files in PSE6. That's what I used to have. I'm so glad I upgraded to CS5. Altough there are still a few things that I open PSE for!

vickyday
09-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I would LOVE to upgrade to CS but just don't have those kinds of funds available ever! So, I continue plugging along in PSE. But, I love the program, too! So, I'm not too upset! There are just some things in PS that I certainly can't do in PSE. Maybe one day....................

Yes, you can't use grouped files in PSE6. That's what I used to have. I'm so glad I upgraded to CS5. Altough there are still a few things that I open PSE for!

tailz61
09-10-2011, 04:25 AM
I would LOVE to upgrade to CS but just don't have those kinds of funds available ever! So, I continue plugging along in PSE. But, I love the program, too! So, I'm not too upset! There are just some things in PS that I certainly can't do in PSE. Maybe one day....................

Tis rather $$ isn't it Vicky that's why I'm stuck with CS3 if you know of anyone with a student that edition is quiet a lot cheaper...i'm still looking for a student lol...anyone got one to spare :O

vickyday
09-10-2011, 08:22 AM
LOL! I'm afraid the funds are sooooooo tight that a student wouldn't even be able to help! :grrr:

Tis rather $$ isn't it Vicky that's why I'm stuck with CS3 if you know of anyone with a student that edition is quiet a lot cheaper...i'm still looking for a student lol...anyone got one to spare :O

A-Manda Creation
09-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I was another one who had troubles with the PSD file and it being in a folder :) Off to use the tiff files!

littlespooky
09-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I Made a blinkie for making it to round 2. i know it is with my kit but if you want to wear it you can!!!!
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/crazysombrero/BLINKIE-FOR-ROUND1fixed.gif

tailz61
09-11-2011, 04:36 AM
geez I'm surprised at how slow the entries are going in this round...can't half tell the rulz are that bit more difficult...hurry up girls can't wait to see what else is going to appear..:)

prettyingreen
09-11-2011, 07:04 AM
i got 10 elements done lastnight i'm hopeing i can get it all finished by monday night. i'll be out of town all day today, but what i have looks sooooo sooo so cute i cant wait to share it!

vickyday
09-11-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm putting the last of the elements together today and STILL am fighting with the papers....grrr! Usually, the papers are the easiest for me, too! Just can't get them the way I want them! Took me awhile to get inspiration for the elements and then they started coming together quickly! Back to work............

Paper Capers Designs
09-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I have like 20 papers done.....obviously I can't use them all, but once I started going I just kept going....I have elements and keep adding! LOL I am actually stuck on the preview....we will see what happens.

gail
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
great second your kits everyone. I am still working on mine been crazy with first week of school and today is my daughters 15th birthday

missys_bits
09-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Gail I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!!

I think its a little slower because there arent so many participants this time around. And we had the added step of finding and using our own swatch :D

littlespooky
09-11-2011, 01:47 PM
don't worry Gail you still have another whole day to get it done..last round i decided to do the contest with only one day left...whew!

Jilbs
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Glad I'm not the only one still going! lol! I have a 3yo so life get pretty busy! (& chaotic!)

Love that blinkie you made littlespooky! You are very clever!

Paper Capers Designs
09-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I just uploaded mine - well maybe an hour ago - very pleased with how it came out :)

littlespooky
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Glad I'm not the only one still going! lol! I have a 3yo so life get pretty busy! (& chaotic!)

Love that blinkie you made littlespooky! You are very clever!

thanks tracy! i been told that lots! it always reminds me of in Jurassic park when the hunter calls the "raptor" a clever girl and then he gets it...haha!
if any of you gals need a blinkie let me know i will give you a discount! i am the blinkie queen heehee at the forum where i have my store..

littlespooky
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I just uploaded mine - well maybe an hour ago - very pleased with how it came out :)

you should be i love it!

Paper Capers Designs
09-11-2011, 09:14 PM
you should be i love it!

Thanks!! I am so glad! :love: It's always tough hitting that button and putting your work out there - as I am sure you ALL know!

Sugar Moon
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Looking through this weeks entry I think they are all fantastic! Everyone brought their A game! :D I think they judges job is just going to get harder and harder!

prettyingreen
09-12-2011, 06:26 AM
oh man i have so much to get done, and my internet is so slow i hope i can get done and uploaded in time!

Kelly-Jo's Scraps
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
I have just been looking through the gallery and commenting...wow! I really don't envy the judges having to pick the winners from this round.

Paper Capers Designs
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I have just been looking through the gallery and commenting...wow! I really don't envy the judges having to pick the winners from this round.

I agree!! And I'm sure it's only going to get harder....trying to figure out who has it worse - us or them! LOL

Toiny
09-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Us. Definitely us. :l

I agree!! And I'm sure it's only going to get harder....trying to figure out who has it worse - us or them! LOL

Paper Capers Designs
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Well as wrong as this may sound - I am glad we are making it difficult for you!

vickyday
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I agree! :XX

Kelly-Jo's Scraps
09-12-2011, 07:30 PM

Lol...I suppose it is only fair...considering the difficult job we have! :))

Fran98765
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
is it thursday yet?

littlespooky
09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
is it thursday yet?

and i thought i was impatient!! haha!!

Paper Capers Designs
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
and i thought i was impatient!! haha!!

lol me too! and I wish it was Thursday....I have so little patience it isn't funny!

kakleidesigns
09-13-2011, 10:28 PM
:DD lol me also, and it isn't funny at all, but I am still laughing at myself because I come time to time here to expect a different result, which I do know it won't happen , I mean nothing will happen until the 15, and I still come here looking for a miracle, an early post, something...I am the worst anxious person in the world.:grrr:

Chrismar
09-14-2011, 02:23 AM
:DD lol me also, and it isn't funny at all, but I am still laughing at myself because I come time to time here to expect a different result, which I do know it won't happen , I mean nothing will happen until the 15, and I still come here looking for a miracle, an early post, something...I am the worst anxious person in the world.:grrr:

I'll second that last statement of yours Karen! I can work under pressure ... in fact, that is when I do my best work. But then again ... don't tell me to wait for the results!! Ughh! It's as if everything else that should matter becomes less important, or less interesting (if you know what I mean?) just because I'm waiting for the results. I'm gonna force myself to log out now and keep my mind on my work! Otherwise I'll get fired. I'll join you all again at tea-time for a few minutes ... I love reading all your chattering.

SnipsNSnails
09-14-2011, 08:52 AM

The student discount is amazing for sure! I was about pulling my hair out with my PSE and someone pointed out the student discount. My DH had just started back with his Master's so rather than saving for months, I was able to get CS in pretty short order! It took about a month to get used to the differences. I still go back to PSE for animation though, I like that better.

Paper Capers Designs
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I am currently going to school for IT/Web Design and have already been eyeing CS at student prices. However, I am hoping for a stipend so I can get a whole new computer so....

katlen124
09-14-2011, 09:16 AM
yes - I know the Tardis
no - wouldn't mind if the "didn't make its" went over to the other - double elimination
but we had the same deadline, so the late ones still wouldn't have made it.

missys_bits
09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I used my son's discount. I think its funny that a 7 year old qualifies for discounted software! He loves art rage and I'm sure will be playing in PS soon but it still makes me laugh.

Paper Capers Designs
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Well then I have children to spare! LOL I am a student as are all my children - my oldest is in cosmetology school, my middle son is a senior in high school and my youngest is in 4th grade! So if somebody really wants to use one of us for a discount, let me know! LOL

ladyofthethorns
09-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Uh oh, be careful!

I think 4-shared may have been hacked or something. I went to download some files (I tried downloads of different people to be sure it wasn't just one account, it wasn't) and my virus software blocked portions of the 4-shared site giving me the following message:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/ladyofthethorns/Misc/VirusAlert.jpg

So, please be careful when you go to 4-shared and if you don't have anti-virus software in place, I strongly recommend that you get it asap. There are different free ones out there too... I use Avast.

Paper Capers Designs
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the anti-virus! I always love to have additional just in case I miss the renewal or anything!

Fran98765
09-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I used my son's discount. I think its funny that a 7 year old qualifies for discounted software! He loves art rage and I'm sure will be playing in PS soon but it still makes me laugh.

How do you get it with a 7 year old? I thought the student had to be college level with a school ID?

msbrad
09-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes you can use a student discount [adobe and other edu sites]... ask the principal at the school to acknowledge the child is enrolled...etc. Might need to scan the report card. It works. Trust me, and the discount is awesome.
I'm a teacher on year 38 [pray for me......]

OHHH how I am wishing all of y'all the best of luck on this venture. Anxious to see who moves on to round 3.
m

ladyofthethorns
09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
OHHH how I am wishing all of y'all the best of luck on this venture. Anxious to see who moves on to round 3.
m

Thanks for the good wishes! Heehee, we're all anxious too! I'm off to slumber land now and when I awaken, well, I'm sure you can guess what will be the first thing I do! :DD

Good luck all!