PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Chance 2011: Round 2 Chatter

Toiny
09-08-2011, 05:47 AM
In case you want your own chatter thread...

katlen124
09-08-2011, 06:14 AM
off to dream of colors ... sun is not yet up

tanteva
09-08-2011, 06:34 AM
LOL I hate summer ... could I do the kit in all black? ;)

Lynn
09-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Choosing colours always gets me....I keep changing my mind!

tanteva
09-08-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm at http://kuler.adobe.com playing around right now. It's fun ... but I'm not sure I'm getting anywhere near a swatch to use LOL

Toiny
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
I've been up against a challenge recently that was very difficult with the Gamut settings. This is something we don't always think about when choosing our palettes, let alone that we think about checking after paper & elements are created.

The best info out there, in my opinion, can be found here:
http://digiscrapquality.com/2009/12/gamut-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-important/

HTH's as you choose your palette's!

Cabalistic
09-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Thank you for the link, not sure if this works in pse...but I have PS 7 to double check it as well. Thank you so much for the opportunity for those of us to continue to participate!

katlen124
09-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking cool falls under the trees ... but a winter afternoon would work ...

LOL I hate summer ... could I do the kit in all black? ;)

tanteva
09-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh, I'm not sure I'm gonna join in on this. Can't really come up with any good ideas. I'm gonna sleep on it and see what tomorrow brings.

lbettis
09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
The best way I've found to create a swatch is to delete the recent swatch then use the Color picker to create your new swatch from a photo you're going to use. Hope this helps.

lindz_e
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I am so back and forth on if I want to do this. It took a lot of my time to create the last kit =) I feel like I still have to much to learn. Good luck to everyone with their color pallets. THat will be fun to choose one.

MonaLisaK
09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I finally decided on two elements I want in the kit, then I chose colors to match those, that seems to be working at the moment. But last time I changed everything last minute. I hope that helps someone. (the first part)

vadkins
09-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I debated all day about continuing with this, but I do think I am going to try. I have learned a lot just from working on the last kit and I feel so dumb about how doorway my preview was. But I am excited about having a second chance. :)

MonaLisaK
09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Is an alpha set considered as 1 element?

MozzM
09-08-2011, 10:38 PM
I am pretty sure it is Mona Liska, I think someone asked that in the main contest thread..

Lizard Dau Designs
09-09-2011, 02:36 AM
yes i am also of two minds about this...which i must admit is not unusual for me..LOL..LOL..LOL..i have heaps of qcing to do and also some collabs to finish..but then it is always good to have new product out there and if anything these kits give me something to fill my store with in a very short space of time..LOL..LOL..LOL...we will see what happens...cheers liz

lbettis
09-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Here's my Second Chance, Round 2:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/MyraBettis_summerafternoon_prev.jpg

MonaLisaK
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I wasn't able to use the template, I have photoshop elements 6.0 and on the template there are folders that I cannot get into... ?? Don't know what to do about that. Can anyone help??

tanteva
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, I haven't looked at it, but sometimes template designers kind of group layers together, and you need to have a proper Photoshop to open them up and save the template again with all layers separate. Photoshop user aren't always aware about the limitations in Photoshop Elements. Hopefully someone sees this and can fix it for you (us).

Cabalistic
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I opened it up in photoshop fine, but pse does not have the folders properties which makes them uneditable. Perhaps she will be able to re-save it without the layer sets so that pse users are able to open them as well.

Lainey
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I wasn't able to use the template, I have photoshop elements 6.0 and on the template there are folders that I cannot get into... ?? Don't know what to do about that. Can anyone help??

MonaLisaK,

Use the TIF file....it supports layers and will open just fine in PSE

Lainey

Cabalistic
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Use the TIF file....it supports layers and will open just fine in PSE

Lainey

Useful information, thank you.

vadkins
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL This is going to be another kit I'm going to post JUST before the deadline... I will be extracting all night tonight, and then tomorrow is hubby's b-day so I will only have 2 hours or so to work on it late at night... I'm hoping to be putting the preview together by noon on Monday, though. Cross your fingers for me! :)

Also - the two minis currently in the gallery look great, I'll drop by later and leave you some love. <3 Good luck to everyone still working on their kits as well! :D I can't wait to see what we come up with. :)

RoseMade
09-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Good luck everyone!
I've decided not to participate in the Second Chance. I'm not in a good design place right now, and it would show up in my kit. Plus, even with a template, my preview would not be good. I hate that what's in my kit doesn't look all that good because I am bad with previews. Oh well. I guess I can practice making previews until I'm inspired to create something else.
Luckily, I save all my previews in PSD layers so that I can go back to them.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with, though.

Marcee

tanteva
09-11-2011, 05:38 AM
I've decided not to participate either. No inspiration, and I've decided to stick to what I'm good at instead: CT-ing :)

Paper Capers Designs
09-11-2011, 08:02 AM

I had the same problem - if you use the TIFF file, you should be all set. At least I was. HTH

ksunstar
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
After the results were posted, I was really sad and it was hard to think about designing again. I tried to reevaluate what I was designing for. I think sometimes your kit can be really, really good but it just doesn't reasonate with people for whatever reason.

I'm glad I decided to try again. For all of those who are entering the Second Chance contest, good luck and great job for trying again. It takes a lot of courage.

Kristina

Lizard Dau Designs
09-12-2011, 06:42 AM
okays i have gone and done it...at least if anything i have a really cool kit to put in my stores when all is said and done...will be up late finishing stuff off...still gotta qc it and things..but it is generally done and dusted...just now downloading the preview template...thanks toiny...cheers liz

Cabalistic
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM
I'm going to have to bow out this contest, just didn't have the time this week to participate. Looking forward to all the great designs!

Ashkenazi
09-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Here is my link to the 2nd Chance round of the NDC contest.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/KCS_SA_Preview1.jpg

Good luck to all!

Ashkenazi
09-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Here is my link to the 2nd Chance round of the NDC contest.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/KCS_SA_Preview1.jpg

Good luck to all!

Trust me it is in the wrong place...oh well will put it in the other one as well...Lol!
:duh::duh:

Ashkenazi
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM
getting a bit nervous...what will the next round be...? we have had daybreak, afternoon..will it be evening l wonder?
;):DD8|

KatyBugScraps
09-12-2011, 09:06 AM
After an internal battle struggle with myself, I decided to go ahead and make a kit for this week. If anyone has any suggestions of improvement that I could utilize in the future, I would love to hear them. Feel free to shoot me a PM (to avoid a public slaughter :DD)

Here's my kit.
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/KBS_SummerAternoon_Preview.jpg

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/KBS_SummerAternoon_Preview.jpg

Lizard Dau Designs
09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
okays here it is weeks 2's kit Summer Afternoon-

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/ldd_summerafternoon_mini600.jpg

You can find it here in the gallery-

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/second-chance-2011-3a-round-2/p82912-summer-afternoon-by-lizard-dau-designs.html

Hope you all likee!! Thanks heaps for any lovely comments I get!!..Cheers Liz

Ashkenazi
09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
okays here it is weeks 2's kit Summer Afternoon-

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/data/1310/ldd_summerafternoon_mini600.jpg

You can find it here in the gallery-

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/second-chance-2011-3a-round-2/p82912-summer-afternoon-by-lizard-dau-designs.html

Hope you all likee!! Thanks heaps for any lovely comments I get!!..Cheers
Liz

Gorgeous downloading as l type..good luck

kcarlsen
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Katybug, I think your kit is so cute! I wouldn't put it down. Afterall, every kit and LO we do, is one more under the belt! Practice practice. I don't know about you, but I've learned sooooo much in these past couple of weeks. Mainly about my capabilities and what I want to focus more on! Good luck!

Lizard Dau Designs
09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
hey i don't know if anybody else noticed but there was something wrong with the preview template..it bugged me soo much that i corrected it...the shadows on the papers were showing from the left..now industry practice as far as i can tell is that shadowing needs to be on the right...every preview i have looked at thus far has different directions on their papers and elements shadows...elements on the right and correct papers on the left....doing qc for quite a while has taught me that shadowing is very important and to keep it consistent or don't use it at all..what do you all think on this matter??...cheers liz

mollyscraps
09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
This round I stayed out of the forum to concentrate on my kit. Big mistake. To anyone here who moves forward, I totally recommend reading the first string threads. I missed the part of the challenge that said to make the title special but someone on the thread asked about it. If I had been reading it I would have recovered. Anyway, I felt really strong about my kit this week and now I think I might get booted due to not completing the whole challenge. :0(

mollyscraps
09-13-2011, 07:41 AM
I shadow papers on the left but you are absolutely correct that the papers and elements should shadow he same.... I never even thought about that!

hey i don't know if anybody else noticed but there was something wrong with the preview template..it bugged me soo much that i corrected it...the shadows on the papers were showing from the left..now industry practice as far as i can tell is that shadowing needs to be on the right...every preview i have looked at thus far has different directions on their papers and elements shadows...elements on the right and correct papers on the left....doing qc for quite a while has taught me that shadowing is very important and to keep it consistent or don't use it at all..what do you all think on this matter??...cheers liz

apupplo
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
I did notice, especially when I started putting my elements on it. I did not change the papers but rather changed my elements because they stated they didnt want the preview changed. I have never shadowed to the left but thought I would stick with what was given.

katlen124
09-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I last-minute (ok day) decided to work on this kit and didn't even notice the shadow on the papers other than they already had one .... :duh:

I am glad there is a few days in between to catch up on the rest of life.

Lizard Dau Designs
09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I did notice, especially when I started putting my elements on it. I did not change the papers but rather changed my elements because they stated they didnt want the preview changed. I have never shadowed to the left but thought I would stick with what was given.

good on ya hun...it does make your preview look awesome...thank you for noticing it too!!...cheers liz

Lizard Dau Designs
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I last-minute (ok day) decided to work on this kit and didn't even notice the shadow on the papers other than they already had one .... :duh:

I am glad there is a few days in between to catch up on the rest of life.

funnnnneeeeee katlen!!...LOL..LOL..LOL...cheers liz

Lizard Dau Designs
09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I shadow papers on the left but you are absolutely correct that the papers and elements should shadow he same.... I never even thought about that!

thanks for your comment molly hun...and happy birthday for sure..cheers liz

katlen124
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I was worried about the colors at first ... but found that I could have done the whole kit with the muted "newspaper" tones

katlen124
09-22-2011, 02:53 AM
I just can't sleep ... this is on of many reasons