theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick-or-Treat Challenge (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=322)
-   -   Trick or Treat anyone? (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10104)

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 08:53 AM

Trick or Treat anyone?

You’re invited to Trick-or-Treat with me! If you are unfamiliar with this custom, please see the bottom of this post for a description of this fun activity!

Here is how MY Trick-or-Treat works!

Below is a list of traditional decorations or Halloween related items. Each item listed represents something that you are to use on a layout. For example: a "ghost" might represent "one piece of solid paper."

Simply compose the list of items you would like to have (as many or as few), and PM it to me. Either Diane (my party assistant) or I will send you the list of items that you have requested.

The "trick" is that you need to create your layout using the items that you receive, and ONLY those items.

Create your layout, and post it in this thread so we can all ohh-and-ahh over it. But please also post it in the Trick-or-Treat Gallery HERE.
Please post your loving comments for fellow party-participants layouts in the gallery, rather than here. Doing so will keep this thread "clean" and easier for Diane and I to make sure we don't miss anyone!

Here is your list of items to choose from:

Ghost
Pumpkin
Witch
Black Cat
Candy
Spiders
Scarecrow
Mummy
Spider Web
Vampire
Tombstone
Graveyard
Full Moon
Witches Brew
Caldron
Candied Apple
Bat
Haunted House

Entries must be posted by midnight, October 31st. Be sure and check your messages on November 1st, as all participants will receive a special little "treat" from me!

What IS Trick-or-Treating? (Adapted from Wikipedia)
Trick-or-treating is a customary practice for children on Halloween in many countries. Children in costumes travel from house to house in order to ask for treats such as candy (or, in some cultures, money) with the question "Trick or treat?". The "trick" is a (usually idle) threat to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given.
In North America, trick or treat has been a customary Halloween tradition since at least the late 1950s. Homeowners wishing to participate in it usually decorate their private entrance with plastic spiderwebs, paper skeletons and jack-o-lanterns.
The tradition of going from door to door receiving food already existed in Great Britain and Ireland in the form of "souling", where children and poor people would sing and say prayers for the dead in return for cakes. "Guising" also predates trick or treat, and is recorded in Scotland at Halloween in 1895, where masqueraders in disguise carrying lanterns made out of scooped out turnips, visit homes to be rewarded with cakes, fruit and money.
While going from door to door in disguise has remained popular among Scots and Irish, the North American custom of saying "trick or treat" has become common. The activity is prevalent in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Puerto Rico, and northwestern and central Mexico. In the latter, this practice is called calaverita (Spanish for "little skull"), and instead of "trick or treat", the children ask me da mi calaverita? ("can you give me my little skull?"); where a calaverita is a small skull made of sugar or chocolate.

msbrad 10-24-2011 09:08 AM

Re: Trick of Treat anyone?

How cool! I wanna play.
Sending my list soon.
m

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 09:22 AM

Thanks for joining in... Did I tell you that you need to also submit a photo of you in a Halloween costume, working on the page? LOL! Just kidding! Although it would be TOTALLY cool if you did!
Have PMd you your list!

ADBDesign {anita_d} 10-24-2011 10:24 AM

I wanna playa too!! PM on its way

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 10:35 AM

Got it, Anita! You should have your list by now! :) Thanks for joining in!

msbrad 10-24-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns (Post 109928)
Thanks for joining in... Did I tell you that you need to also submit a photo of you in a Halloween costume, working on the page? LOL! Just kidding! Although it would be TOTALLY cool if you did!
Have PMd you your list!

Hey- I have one too...3:)
I have a clown suit.
m

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 10:41 AM

Well, there ya go... You can at least put it on and snap a new Avator photo, right? You're SUCH a sport, m!!!

kimberkatt 10-24-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns (Post 109928)
Did I tell you that you need to also submit a photo of you in a Halloween costume, working on the page?

bwahahahahaaaa....... do my Pj's count??? I can totally add some fake blood to them if needed..... :l

I'll get my list sent to you soon, this sounds like so much fun!! :DD

Renee 10-24-2011 04:27 PM

Re: Trick or Treat anyone?

Ooooh, this looks like so much fun, I want to play!!!!!
Pm-ing you my list tomorrow or the next day!

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 04:34 PM

Pj's work for me, Kimberly. In fact, it sounds like a good excuse to pick up some new ones. ;)

BernieTuffs 10-24-2011 05:33 PM

oh go on then, LOL!!! I'll have a go at this!!!
Off to choose now :)
Thank you!!!!
Bernie x

danzinst 10-24-2011 05:48 PM

This sounds like fun.Since I have never done this before,how many item are we suppose to choose?

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-24-2011 06:41 PM

Bernie - check your PM. Your list should be there! ;) Looks like you got off easy, I'd say.
Michi- GREAT avatar!!! Who can beat that one?
Danzinst (real name unknown ;( ) You can choose as many or as few as you like. I will amend the original instructions to include that. Thanks!

msbrad 10-24-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danzinst (Post 109976)
This sounds like fun.Since I have never done this before,how many item are we suppose to choose?

Go for it!!!!!
m

msbrad 10-24-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns (Post 109982)
Bernie - check your PM. Your list should be there! ;) Looks like you got off easy, I'd say.
Michi- GREAT avatar!!! Who can beat that one?
Danzinst (real name unknown ;( ) You can choose as many or as few as you like. I will amend the original instructions to include that. Thanks!

Hee-Hee Karen, yes.. us...from a while back...
did you notice how 'dark' my hair was then??? It went from blonde to dark to gray... talk about a Halloween experience!
m

altimasport 10-25-2011 07:13 PM

I would love to play!! I just sent a PM

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-25-2011 08:38 PM

Hey everyone! I believe you have all received your treat list! If I have missed anyone up to this point, please let me know! Some of you did not receive "photos" in your treat bag. :O But that will be part of your challenge. You CAN do it!

I was looking thru some pictures today and came across this one I thought you might enjoy seeing... blurry as it is!!! My granddaughter, Emily, and her dog, Haley. (Haley wouldn't sit still for more than a second!) They BOTH think they are Princesses... ;)

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...dhaleycopy.jpg

msbrad 10-25-2011 09:01 PM

What a cute photo Karen!
m

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-25-2011 09:43 PM

LOL! I think Em was missing at least one of her two front teeth, and Haley was thinking.. Are you KIDDING me???? ;)

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-25-2011 09:45 PM

I've been asked if your LO has to be Halloween related..Nope. Anyway you can manage to get your LO done with your treats at hand is just fine!