theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When do you.......... (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10382)

SnickerdoodleDesigns 12-27-2011 11:29 AM

When do you..........

So how long do you leave your decorations up?

I have been known to actually take mine down Christmas night... I mean, everyone was scattered into their rooms, getting ready for bed, etc... It was 9 PM and I thought.. hey! Might as well get a jump on it! ;) I will never live that one down, so now I wait until the 27th or so....(maybe!).

While I love the decorations and all, by this time, I'm ready to get things back to "normal." Am I odd? When do you take your decorations down?

danzinst 12-27-2011 03:46 PM

Re: When do you..........

Usually on New Year Day, but never before. I love our trees and the festive fireplaces.I have 3 in the living room and the big one is downstairs in the family room.
One time I left everything up until January 15th.That might have been a little much but our son graduated from basic training in San Antonio,Tx.(AF) that year and couldn't get home until then.

msbrad 12-27-2011 05:00 PM

Faye- how super to leave it up for your son's return.
Usually for us in the first week of January, but this year we got a slow start putting things up in the first place. The Dickens village often stays up until the end of Feb, as it is a pain to set up.
m

Toiny 12-28-2011 03:14 AM

Ours stays up tilll after New Years as well. I love how warm & cozy it makes the house look!

SnickerdoodleDesigns 12-28-2011 11:42 AM

Oh, yes, Faye.. I can totally understand your reasons there!
And, yes, Michi... I would leave that village up for a while too.
One year, when we were doing a complete interior house remodel, we didn't put up a big tree at all... just a small artificial 3 foot one. I carried it upstairs to a spare room and put it there, decorations and all, and left it until the following year. LOL.. it was a LONG remodel process!

Aveziur 12-28-2011 09:05 PM

The Christmas time in Spain is much longer, reaches the January 6th which is when the Three Kings are delivering their gifts. And usually start decorating in early December, between 6th and 8th is a national holiday here, and collect all the Christmas decorations from 7 to 8 January. So we still have 10 days enjoying the lights, Christmas trees and gift packaging. We celebrate a lot of events with great feasts: Christmas Eve dinner on December 24, Christmas lunch on December 25, The Year's Eve dinner with the 12 grapes, lunch on New Year's Day January 1 and lunch on January 6 celebrating the arrival of the Three Kings. My stomach can not handle so much food and celebration! It is also the time when you meet at lunch or dinner with friends, colleagues, family do not see very often and celebrations in the children school. Having fun is hard work. lol

ceefl0wer 12-29-2011 01:36 PM

Ours stays up for ~New Year, and comes down at the beginning of january about the 4th or 5th of Jan

Amberpony 01-06-2012 02:40 AM

I like to leave mine up until the first week of January. Most the time it depends on the Fire Safety of the tree. As long as the needles are hanging on tight I like to leave the Tree Up.

khalgren77 01-09-2012 08:49 AM

We usually take everything down New Years day or the day after. A couple years ago we were all lazy and left the tree up till May! hehehe..by then I was ready to just throw a sheet over it and call it good! LOL.

msbrad 01-09-2012 08:52 AM

We took the tree and the decorations down yesterday. The village is still up!
m

sandie03 01-12-2012 06:51 PM

Mine came down on Jan 6 (family tradition always says that's the date.)

craftmomma 01-13-2012 07:47 AM

new Year's day for me. My mom always took it down the first day we were back in school. That way, she could do it in peace and quiet without 6 kids underfoot trying to "help".

angmag55 01-21-2012 05:01 PM

Oh my mine are still up taking them down tomorrow. I always leve them up till after my Birthday! This year I left them up a few days longer! Hmm do ya think I like Christmas I hate to say goodbye to this Beautiful time of year!

Amberpony 01-22-2012 04:03 AM

My tree is still up. I am just enjoying looking at it with all the angle ornaments and pretty lights. It has been many years since we had such a healthy tree.

Berny 01-22-2012 05:30 PM

We usually take ours down New Years Eve. (out with the old, in with the new) LOL.
I fell when I was taking down some out side decoations and Bruised up both legs
so I Didn't get them down until Jan 9th. Still getting some in storage.

Amberpony 01-22-2012 10:17 PM

Hope you are feeling better now Berny.