theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Let Me Scrapbook-Recipe starter kits (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11204)

Rhoda Jayne 06-17-2012 12:06 PM

Let Me Scrapbook-Recipe starter kits

I've been looking at those kits this morning.:)) That is such a neat idea! Do you make & print the cards as 4x6? And the papers are designed as 4x6 also? I was thinking what a neat wedding gift idea this would be.
I already have two hybrid albums for baby boy & girl gifts but nothing for a wedding, so I was thinking this could be a neat wedding album idea.
Does anyone scrap these for an 8x8 page? I'm wondering aloud at how I could use these.
Thanks, Rhod

Rhoda Jayne 06-17-2012 12:25 PM

Re: Let Me Scrapbook-Recipe starter kits

I just bought the 2010 & 2011 starter kits.:)) I don't have any weddings in the future so that should give me time to put something together.:DD
Next summer 2013 is my year to host the family reunion and we always give away door prizes so I'm thinking that this might be a good door prize idea too!;)

robinoes66 06-18-2012 06:35 AM

I've started making an 8x8 recipe book with the chocolate recipe cards we made a few months back. I've been taking the 4x6 cards that were sent to participants and placing them on an 8x8 background, adding a few elements if "necessary" to the background and putting them into a book on Blurb. When I finish, I'll have a chocolate recipe book that I'm going to give away as Christmas gifts.

Maurine Stettler 06-18-2012 08:59 AM

Good questions, Rhoda, and thanks for your reply, Robin. I'll add a little more here.

The kits are all designed with 4" x 6" papers, with the elements sized accordingly to fit the paper size. Using the elements on a much bigger page (for example, 12" x 12"), probably wouldn't work well by themselves. However, if the finished 4" x 6" recipe card was used on the bigger page in place of a "traditional" photo, and then you added other journaling along with some of the elements to finish your layout, the pages would look really cute. As Robin said, I think 8" x 8" is a perfect size for this idea. I also have another new participant, Candie, who is creating these as 8" x 10" pages.

I have printed off plenty of my recipe cards in the 4" x 6" size for bridal shower gifts, and they are always a huge hit! And the blank cards that many of the participants also send to me are perfect for greeting cards -- I've used lots of those as well.

Hope this helps answer your questions. If you have others about sharing the 4" x 6" cards themselves or other TOU issues, please let me know. I'd love to have you join in the monthly challenge.

Amberpony 06-19-2012 05:42 PM

I love these Cute Recipe Kits! Not only do they make wonderful recipe cards, but work wonderfully on 8.5 x 11 Calendars! There are many ways to come up with the background on the larger calendar. I also scrap in 8x8 (2400x 2400 right from the start) and use these kits for that. The element size has never been a problem, but then I am a multi-photo memory page maker. The 4x6 papers can be combined and arranged to make the 8x8 background in a blocking style. When I remember I have these kits they are the go to kit for my Grand Baby pages.
Thinking about getting the August 2011 recipe kit for all the photos I took on Fathers Day of our little family BBQ.

Rhoda Jayne 06-19-2012 10:01 PM

Thanks for the replies! I got everything downloaded but haven't had time to unzip the kits yet. I can't wait to match a kit to my daddy's barbeque & my mom's hot roll recipes!:love:

kimberkatt 06-20-2012 02:18 PM

Just to add in here... Maurine, I've used your elements on a 12X14 Party Invitation/Poster I made for our Family BBQ last year, and, honestly, I jumbo-size my elements ( lol ) and they printed out fine when enlarged, so they really are great quality and can be sized up to fit your needs! ;)