theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Hello from California (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11327)

HAV4Boys 07-09-2012 11:38 AM

Hello from California

Good Morning,

I am new here and looking forward to participating. The July Recipe Cards hooked me and then I signed up to scrap a page for another member.

My name is Kathy and I am married with 4 sons. My boys are 21, 20, 16 and 14. They are the light of my life. The eldest is a Junior at the University of Southern California and my second born is a sophomore at the local community college. My third son is a senior in high school and my younges is starting high school. They all play water polo and my youngest plays football, wrestles and plays baseball.

I love life and live it as such. I love to sew, cook, digital scrapbook, bead, read, bike ride, and rollerblade. My husband is a personal trainer. Two years ago he decided he needed to get healthy and went from 221 pounds to 148. He has since worked on muscle mass and I must say is looking GOOD! Our whole family lives a healthy lifestyle now. I garden, make most of our food from scratch and juice.

I work for the state of California. I prepare the budgets for hte State Lands Commission, the Energy Commission and the Public Utilities Commission. A tough job but I love the challenge.

Well, enough about me. Looking forward to jumping in!

Kathy 0:)

Toiny 07-09-2012 11:54 AM

Re: Hello from California

Hi Kathy!

Welcome! I have a housefull of boys too... well, three of them are mostly out LOL (mine are 5 - 22, tomorrow). My oldest just graduated from UOP in Stockton, CA.

I'm in awe of your husband. What an amazing thing to do. I need to go check out your recipe cards. We've been eating much healthier, but I desperately need some new recipes. Butter & cheese are still to much of a friend.

I can't wait to see more of you here. Welcome!

avalon4 07-09-2012 10:40 PM

Kathy - welcome to "The Studio". It sounds like you lead a full and well-rounded life. And such are the joys of raising children - all boys! Wow! Looking forward to seeing your creations in the galleries!

ADBDesign {anita_d} 07-10-2012 11:39 AM

Welcome welcome. You will enjoy your home here!

HAV4Boys 07-12-2012 12:26 PM

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I know UOP well and my friend's husband is a professor there at the pharmacy school.

Renee 07-12-2012 02:57 PM

Hi Kathy
So nice to have you here and I hope you will have a great time!!

Ambowife Designs 07-16-2012 06:53 AM

Wow Cathy you certainly are a busy lady and sounds like you will fit right in here hun ;)
I'm off to watch the tour de france stage 15, I'll be thinking of you ;) (ps I bike ride too, though I am still working off my extra pounds LOL)

Aveziur 07-17-2012 04:00 AM

Welcome dear, waiting see your healthy family and you in your layouts!

jusmedigital 07-17-2012 08:28 AM

welcome, Kathy. i cannot imagine a house full of boys! ;)

Lara's Digi World 09-05-2012 01:09 AM

Hi sweetie,

Welcome to theStudio!

AliSarah 09-06-2012 12:05 AM

I'm feeling like it's an incredibly small world right this second... Today, I took my daughter for a tour of the University of Southern California, as she is a senior in high school this year and making that incredibly important decision of where to go to college! AND, my brother in law works at UOP! He's some kind of manager in the IT department, I don't really know much about what he does, but we were just up in Sacramento visiting a couple weeks back!!

Wahoo! And Welcome!!

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

NancyP 09-06-2012 03:43 AM

Hi Kathy! Sounds like you have an exciting life!!! So glad you have joined us. Welcome!!!

Toiny 09-06-2012 03:47 AM

That is too funny! I bet my son & your husband have passed each other on campus. He was a finance major, but it's not a huge school. It is a small world, isn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAV4Boys (Post 123016)
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I know UOP well and my friend's husband is a professor there at the pharmacy school.

SnickerdoodleDesigns 09-06-2012 10:31 PM

Hi Kathy, Welcome! I live in So CA - Orange County.. Where do you live?? LUCKY you.. a PT in your family!!! I worked for a personal trainer for a year and was in the best shape EVER! Loved every second of it.. well, mostly.. it's HARD work, as you know!! Look forward to seeing a Californian around here!!

boo.6204 09-07-2012 12:52 AM

Hi Kathy!

Sounds like you will have many masculine pages LOL. Welcome to our group! Seems you already fit right in with all of these connections.