theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2012 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   Next Designer Contest: September 2012 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11552)

Toiny 08-08-2012 07:07 AM

Next Designer Contest: September 2012

Official Rules and Details

Our Annual Next Designer Contest kicks off September 1, 2012.

No need for sign ups, just post your Round 1 entry in Next Designer Contest Gallery by September 5, 2011 no later than Midnight (24:00) EST and you will automatically be listed as a competitor.

All challenges will be posted 6:00 a.m. EST and due by Midnight (24:00) EST per the scheduled dates:
- Intro's begin August here in the Forum, through Round 1
- Round 1: Challenge begins Sept. 1st, Due Sept 5th
- Round 2: Challenge begins Sept. 8th, Due Sept 12th
- Round 3: Challenge begins Sept. 15th, Due Sept 19th
- Round 4: Challenge begins Sept 22nd, Due Sept 27th
- Winner announced Sept 30th

The contest is open to anyone interested in becoming a Designer, whether you are brandnew, established or even just for fun!

This is an elimination-style contest. Every week approximately half of you will be eliminated. I will post exact numbers after Round 1 entries are submitted. Everyone will have the opportunity to participate in a Second Chance contest as well. This will begin on Sept. 8, 2012.

Starting with the winners in Round 2 there will be prizes awarded. Round 2 winners will all receive an exclusive, brandnew, CU Grab Bag from theStudio Designers. All NDC events will be judged by theStudio Designer & Admin teams only. There will not be public voting.

The winner of this years NDC will receive a brandnew Silhouette CAMEO®, as well as a contract as a Studio Design Team Member. Prizes and participation rules will be published by September 1, 2012.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all this year!

Smooches,

Toiny

Renee 08-08-2012 02:11 PM

Re: Next Designer Contest: September 2012

8D I was already looking forward to give it another try this year. I do love a bit of exitement!! :))

donakat 08-08-2012 03:07 PM

Oh, boy, is September ever going to be busy....

DanielleS83 08-09-2012 10:52 AM

Wonderful grand prize! Really been wanting one of those myself lately!

Renee 08-09-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielleS83 (Post 124946)
Wonderful grand prize! Really been wanting one of those myself lately!

Just googled, had no idea what is was :o, but hee, it is a great price indeed!!

Janet-B 08-09-2012 01:07 PM

Wonderful prizes, sign up!

Linda Renee 08-09-2012 02:03 PM

I've been looking forward to this. I've always enjoyed this contest. But I'm not entering again this year. I quite selling early this year, and have no desire to reenter the market. I still design and give away freebies on my blog, but this was the very first place I entered a design contest and did so for three years. Last year I decided I would not enter a fourth time. I was just moving from one state to another the first of September, then in the middle of the month my SIL passed away, which required a trip out of state for the funeral. Had I entered, it would have been deju vu. Out due to circumstances beyond my control like 2008. This year I'll be content to maybe play along if I have time, and to watch what everyone else comes up with. And give some encouragement to those who do enter. Now I'm off to blog about the contest,'cause this is such a learning experience and a lot of fun.

avalon4 08-09-2012 05:44 PM

So much fun and what prizes are being offered up - yippee! This is the very contest that got me started as a designers, so please, give it a try. It's so very exciting! Looking forward to it!

Toiny 08-10-2012 02:47 AM

We will miss you! I didn't realize you stopped designing. I know September is frequently a tough month for people, but for you it's been very tough.

If I see interest, we can put up a play-along gallery as well.

Smooches!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda Renee (Post 124959)
I've been looking forward to this. I've always enjoyed this contest. But I'm not entering again this year. I quite selling early this year, and have no desire to reenter the market. I still design and give away freebies on my blog, but this was the very first place I entered a design contest and did so for three years. Last year I decided I would not enter a fourth time. I was just moving from one state to another the first of September, then in the middle of the month my SIL passed away, which required a trip out of state for the funeral. Had I entered, it would have been deju vu. Out due to circumstances beyond my control like 2008. This year I'll be content to maybe play along if I have time, and to watch what everyone else comes up with. And give some encouragement to those who do enter. Now I'm off to blog about the contest,'cause this is such a learning experience and a lot of fun.

kimberkatt 08-10-2012 09:29 AM

wooohoooo!! Let the fun begin! So excited!! I love September! :(( :DD

ADBDesign {anita_d} 08-10-2012 09:35 AM

this is an amazing and wonderful experience; if you are at all considering, DO go ahead and jump in and give it a try!

jusmedigital 08-10-2012 04:47 PM

ohhhh!! I want one! current designers can join too, right?? ;) lol

katlen124 08-11-2012 04:10 PM

looking forward to this again

Scooter59 08-11-2012 04:48 PM

Oh, I have been so looking forward to this. I have only be co-designing so this should be fun and a challenge!

sbc33 08-11-2012 05:17 PM

Oh boy, this is always a fun challenge, even if you know you have NO HOPE IN HECK of winning! I'll be there.

Toiny 08-12-2012 05:14 AM

Christine, we can have a play-along for our Design Team. I think I can whip up a little prize for the winner :D

Welcome to all of you! I hate this part... waiting until September 1 to roll around.

loucee 08-12-2012 05:34 AM

I have a Cameo and what a great prize for the winner, combining it's uses with digital kits is great.

Can't wait for this to start, roll on September lol!

kimberkatt 08-12-2012 11:06 AM

Seriously, I look forward to this all year! I love September at theStudio! :((

JB Scraps 08-16-2012 02:57 PM

Oh I am SO in!! I was a designer a few years ago (Jeanette Bollinger Designs at the time) and I took a break from designing to concentrate on my businesses (photography and logo design). But I have been thinking about getting back into it so this is an awesome way to jump back in!! Can't wait for the first!!!!

:XX:XX:XX

kimberkatt 08-16-2012 04:57 PM

Hey there Jeanette!!! :DD So excited you decided to jump back into designing! You were here back in the SAS days! lol I've been following your photography business on Facebook, excellent work!! :))