theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Layout Artist Competition 2012 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=396)
-   -   FAQ's (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11563)

mandak 08-09-2012 08:31 AM

FAQ's

I will post answers to questions here.

Q: Can the current Studio CT participate in the challenge?
A: Yes, they can play for fun but will not be counted in voting or eligible for prizes.

[B]Q: [/B?] I don't have kids, can I use a friends photo?
[B]A: [/B?] If you know the friend for real. You may NOT use images you find online, stock images or anything of that kind. There are too many copyright issues, and theStudio does not want to be held responsible for incorrect use of photos.

Q: I had a question regarding the rules...it states that fonts and tools with our program (I use CS5) can be okay. Does that also include blending, any kind of shapes...and especially if I have my own mask I made. Are these okay?
A: You may use shapes, masks etc. that came with your program, or that you create. You may not use any purchased shapes or masks for the contest. You may use tools and tricks that your program allows, such as changing a blending mode.

rabbitrun 08-11-2012 10:26 AM

Re: FAQ's

Question. If current CT's are voted on in the move on to next round competition, doesn't it limit the number of non CT's moving on? I thought before they didn't count in voting but I could be wrong. Heck, I can't always remember yesterday let alone a year ago. Just curious.

momto7 08-11-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitrun (Post 125065)
Question. If current CT's are voted on in the move on to next round competition, doesn't it limit the number of non CT's moving on? I thought before they didn't count in voting but I could be wrong. Heck, I can't always remember yesterday let alone a year ago. Just curious.

Great question. The current CT is so talented.I have been wondering the same thing.

debbyann73 08-11-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitrun (Post 125065)

Wondering the same. If I remember correctly in the past the current CT's didn't count in the voting/elimination processes .They just played along for the fun of it.Seeing as how they are already on the CT wouldn't that possibly eliminate a prospective new CT member?

mandak 08-14-2012 10:42 AM

You're right. The CT wont count in voting. My bad, will update!

Lyndsfairne 08-31-2012 09:49 AM

Q: Can we do the Layout AND Designer challenges at the same time? (am I incredibly crazy for wanting to?!?! lol)

mandak 08-31-2012 04:30 PM

Sure, if you want to you are welcome to! Good luck in both!

mandak 09-01-2012 11:17 AM

Updated.

julijewelz 09-05-2012 12:46 AM

Hey Manda, I was just about to upload my LO and I used a text path for my journaling from Scrappy Cocoa. Is that allowed?

mandak 09-05-2012 05:43 AM

Juli, no not this round. But it would be OK for you to just leave out the journaling on the contest LO. We do not want to have extra credits to deal with right now. I'm sorry.

sailwemust 09-22-2012 04:13 PM

Hi Manda, just wondering when/if there will be a 2nd chance contest for the gals this week (and whether CT can play along too :) )?

mandak 09-22-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailwemust (Post 131444)
Hi Manda, just wondering when/if there will be a 2nd chance contest for the gals this week (and whether CT can play along too :) )?

Yes, there will be. I can get that posted! And yes, the CT get to play along in that one. I wanted to keep the final round gallery with just the contestants to make it easier (ha!) to vote!