theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   theStudio Designer News (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Help and Win! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11663)

Flower Scraps 08-27-2012 03:05 PM

Help and Win!

I am working on a new kit and would like some help! This kit has been inspired by my 5 adorable mess makers and is called "Busted!" What I want to know, is what do you say to your kids when they are in trouble! Makes us all laugh and maybe inspire some word art! I will select one lucky response to win the full kit!

Answer here or on my blog for a chance to win!

Janet-B 08-27-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Help and Win!

This won't help with your word art, but it was always their name -- first, middle, and last -- said very slowly! LOL!

Flower Scraps 08-27-2012 08:02 PM

lol - yep - my kids know that when i use their middle name, they are in trouble!!

violethare 08-27-2012 11:41 PM

Same here, it's always when the full name comes out..........

violethare 08-27-2012 11:43 PM

There is always the old standard -- "your face will freeze that way", if they are making faces...what else??
Once I messed up and called my youngest a "Smart A**", when I meant to say Smart Aleck, when he had a comeback for everything and I mean everything that anyone in the family said that day.

Flower Scraps 08-28-2012 12:43 AM

lol - daily conversation:

Me: Aaron put on your pants
Aaron: They aren't pants they are shorts!
Me: I don't care what you call them - put them on!!!

Aveziur 08-28-2012 03:04 AM

This works for me:

Me: Carlos go to...
Carlos: (silence)
Me: Carlos go to... (second time)
Carlos: Just a minute
Me: One... two...
Carlos: OK, OK, OK

(at three, no Nintendo games for the day) :)

NancyP 08-28-2012 08:02 AM

I have one word and the grandkids knows it means trouble. I put my hands on my hips, glare at them and say "REALLY???" Then they know they have gone too far!

Flower Scraps 08-28-2012 11:34 AM

LOL! Eva - it drives me NUTS when my kids wait until I get to 2 to go....i guess that's what I get for counting to 3! I wish they would go the first time i asked..... or at least acknowledged me!

Aveziur 08-29-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyP (Post 126501)
I have one word and the grandkids knows it means trouble. I put my hands on my hips, glare at them and say "REALLY???" Then they know they have gone too far!

I tried to do the same once, Nancy, but Carlos did the same and I laughed :duh::o

Bright Eyes 08-29-2012 01:46 PM

I used to tell my kids "Don't make me start counting... on 3 you are really in trouble".

"Your face will freeze like that"

"Stop that right now!".... said when it gets too quiet in the other room where they are

"I have eyes in the back of my head"... and "I saw that".

"Do you want to live to be...(age)??"

"Just do it"

"Because I said so"

"Settle it now or I will settle it for both of you"

"Chose or I will chose for you"

Yes, I raised 5 kids and they all lived to be grown up! :DD And I still use them with great-grands.

britnkaysmemaw2 08-29-2012 05:13 PM

When my kids would pout when they were little or now my grandkids pout I tell them "a bird is going to come along and poop on their lip". Makes them draw that lip in quickly, LOL!

Flower Scraps 08-30-2012 10:29 AM

awesome list Bright Eyes! Haha - that poop on the lip thing made me want to pull my lip in and I'm not even pouting!

Flower Scraps 10-11-2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for playing along ladies! Be sure to check out the kit and all it's trimmings (including the word art inspired by you!)

The winner (courtesy of Random.org) is NancyP - I will PM you with your coupon code!

https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...ed-preview.jpg

tamie 10-11-2012 12:29 PM

Funny my dad use to say to us when we poutted was, I'm going to build a house on those lips and if you don't smile soon maybe with a pool. And I said it to my kids/grandkids :) 8D

Quote:

Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 (Post 126620)
When my kids would pout when they were little or now my grandkids pout I tell them "a bird is going to come along and poop on their lip". Makes them draw that lip in quickly, LOL!

kpmelly 10-11-2012 02:40 PM

Itīs to late to help, but my quote is: I will bite youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... it helps everytime by our dogs, sometimes by our children...

I laughed so much reading your comments here!

NancyP 10-11-2012 03:57 PM

"REALLY????" WOOO HOOO!!! Thank you so much!!! I love this kit!!!!