theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2012 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   Chat Thread: Week 1 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11759)

Toiny 09-05-2012 11:04 PM

Chat Thread: Week 1

Feel free to chat away!

MizzKitten 09-05-2012 11:16 PM

Re: Chat Thread: Week 1

First, I want to say 'bon travail' to all judges :D It must be so difficult to choose from all fabulous mini kit.
And I am so happy that now is already 6 September there, I am so curious with the different timezone...here is 11 hours start earlier :)

AliSarah 09-06-2012 12:08 AM

I am so happy I made the deadline!! My hubby just upgraded my computer and more than half my programs... I had to hunt down registration keys, download an ftp client, and do all kinds of things I usually don't have to do in order to get started designing- including figuring out where to start in PSCS6, when I had PSCS3 before!! It's been a crazy couple days!! 8D

Now the curiosity will set in! Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to downloading all the kits! They all look really great!! <3

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

Pacifika 09-06-2012 12:21 AM

Ooo Sarah, that's terrible timing. Glad you made the deadline. Love the winter theme of your kit. Very pretty.

Meta! I had no idea you were "MizzKitten". I've seen you here but I'm not around much anymore. I am over at GP a lot and I saw that you had been there for a bit as a designer. I was so sorry to see you go. Glad you are here shooting for the Next Designer position though.

MizzKitten 09-06-2012 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacifika (Post 128044)
Ooo Sarah, that's terrible timing. Glad you made the deadline. Love the winter theme of your kit. Very pretty.

Meta! I had no idea you were "MizzKitten". I've seen you here but I'm not around much anymore. I am over at GP a lot and I saw that you had been there for a bit as a designer. I was so sorry to see you go. Glad you are here shooting for the Next Designer position though.

Hehehe, mizzkitten is my first designer name, then in 2010 I change into my own name (Meta Wulandari) :) Thanks btw

NancyP 09-06-2012 03:33 AM

All I can say is I am glad I am not a judge! You are all winners!!!

Lynn 09-06-2012 03:35 AM

Managed to post mine last night and was panicking as have been really busy with work this week so almost didn't get everything finished. Of course, it wasn't helped by hubbie nagging me to get out of the office so he could lock it up :rolleyes:!

Only had a quick look at some of the entries and they are amazing. I am so glad I didn't look before finishing mine as otherwise I would have never have entered, they are so good!!! Good luck everyone :)

Toiny 09-06-2012 03:45 AM

I just want to mention... I'm dreaming of your mini's!!! I think having to vote is worse than waiting for the vote results. I absolutely love the gallery.

Gabri 09-06-2012 05:24 AM

I absolutely love the gallery too!!!!
All the minis are wonderful.
I'm also so happy about all the kind words for my little kit!
It makes my day!
Thank you at all!

makeyesup 09-06-2012 06:34 AM

Can't even imagine how this will be judged. After going thru the gallery, I would say you are all winners. Best of luck. Love watching this contest each year.

mollyscraps 09-06-2012 08:07 AM

Awww... that brought tears to my eyes... This is my third year doing the contest and I have yet to get to Round 4 but it is so much fun- the camaraderie between contestants and the support from the site's designers and CT is awesome! Thank you for hosting us Toiny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toiny (Post 128061)
I just want to mention... I'm dreaming of your mini's!!! I think having to vote is worse than waiting for the vote results. I absolutely love the gallery.

mollyscraps 09-06-2012 08:09 AM

I also want to thank NancyP especially as she took the time to comment on every LO I made (I'll finish up today) as well as my mini. She has really been encouraging!

starwarsfans 09-06-2012 08:23 AM

Whatever happens, this has been an awesome experience. I am so glad I stumbled across it, even if it was at the very last minute! Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I have no idea how the judges are going to narrow down the playing field. All the entries are wonderful!

Bright Eyes 09-06-2012 09:25 AM

Wow, ladies.... what wonderful mini kits. Had a computer crash this last week so had not checked out the gallery until yesterday. So many beautiful ones that I would hate to be a judge. Thank you all for sharing your work with us.

kimberkatt 09-06-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarsfans (Post 128090)
Whatever happens, this has been an awesome experience. I am so glad I stumbled across it, even if it was at the very last minute! Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I have no idea how the judges are going to narrow down the playing field. All the entries are wonderful!

Hey Tricia! Not sure if you recognize me in this setting, I'm usually over at GS doing Scrapping Survivor right about now! lol Nice to see you here and joining in the contest!! :DD

You guys are making this SO hard to vote.... I need more coffee!!! I cannot believe the talent we have in the gallery right now, AMAZING!! :love:

createdbyjill 09-06-2012 10:49 AM

Here ya go!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ons/coffee.gif

(I'm actually trying to be productive today! Imagine that!)

mandak 09-06-2012 11:40 AM

Don't forget You can vote for your favorite contestants in the Layout Contest while you wait! http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ewpost&t=11762

kimberkatt 09-06-2012 11:55 AM

Hey, while your waiting, come play BINGO with us!! You have until tomorrow at 2pm EST to get your card uploaded!! :(( :DD :(( :DD

starwarsfans 09-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 128113)
Hey Tricia! Not sure if you recognize me in this setting, I'm usually over at GS doing Scrapping Survivor right about now! lol Nice to see you here and joining in the contest!! :DD

You guys are making this SO hard to vote.... I need more coffee!!! I cannot believe the talent we have in the gallery right now, AMAZING!! :love:

Hi Kimberly! I remember you! I haven't heard about Scrapping Survivor yet this year. I hope it's coming soon. :)

manu79 09-06-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandak (Post 128150)
Don't forget You can vote for your favorite contestants in the Layout Contest while you wait! http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ewpost&t=11762

Just voted, gosh that was a hard decision to make - wonderfully talented ladies there!