theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2012 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   Chat Thread: Week 2 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11848)

manu79 09-13-2012 12:38 PM

Chat Thread: Week 2

I hope I am allowed to open another chat thread here while we wait for judgement?
I'm nervous *lol* There are just awesome kits in this week's gallery. Good luck to all!

And I wonder... didn't 28 pass on to round 2? I saw we have only 25 previews in the gallery, didn't these 3 make it to the dealine or just didn't want to go on?
How many will make it to next round?
Questions over questions *rofl*

I think I have to join the Conversation Starter Challenge while I wait, otherwise you'll have to beat me with something till I shut up :l

Pacifika 09-13-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Chat Thread: Week 2

Oh, crap. :( I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse and now I lost all that I had said. :*( Oh, well.

I was just saying I was glad that you had started this thread. I thought about it last night while I was so keyed up about the contest that I couldn't sleep LOL

I feel like I really didn't do my best on this kit. I ended up just sort of hurrying at the end so I could get the preview done and have plenty of time to keep looking at it. Oh, well. :) I'm still honored and excited to have gotten this far. :)

But I still keep wondering, "Now that this challenge is finished, what do I do to fill all of that creative time and use up all that creative energy that is still rumbling around in my head." :D

Maybe I'll have to hop over and do the color challenge. :D

Good luck, all you amazingly talented people. :D

createdbyjill 09-13-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu79 (Post 129734)
I hope I am allowed to open another chat thread here while we wait for judgement?
I'm nervous *lol* There are just awesome kits in this week's gallery. Good luck to all!

And I wonder... didn't 28 pass on to round 2? I saw we have only 25 previews in the gallery, didn't these 3 make it to the dealine or just didn't want to go on?
How many will make it to next round?
Questions over questions *rofl*

I think I have to join the Conversation Starter Challenge while I wait, otherwise you'll have to beat me with something till I shut up :l

I'm going to get my stick, Manu!

If I read it correctly about 1/2 move on and yes I did see that not everyone that made it to round to had a kit in the gallery.

Fortunately I have a list a mile long of stuff to do! 3 blog trains coming up (or maybe it's 2)...who knows how many kits to work on....definitely have to learn some more choreography for my Zumba classes.....oh.....can't forget vegetation time where I play my silly mindless Facebook games and re-pin all those funny cards on Pinterest to my boards....and then nap. Pretty much fills my day up! (and today was a non-Zumba teaching day!)

manu79 09-13-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by createdbyjill (Post 129811)
I'm going to get my stick, Manu!

If I read it correctly about 1/2 move on and yes I did see that not everyone that made it to round to had a kit in the gallery.

Fortunately I have a list a mile long of stuff to do! 3 blog trains coming up (or maybe it's 2)...who knows how many kits to work on....definitely have to learn some more choreography for my Zumba classes.....oh.....can't forget vegetation time where I play my silly mindless Facebook games and re-pin all those funny cards on Pinterest to my boards....and then nap. Pretty much fills my day up! (and today was a non-Zumba teaching day!)

Let's see... I have no blog trains to do, don't teach Zumba (would look really stupid if I'd even try to *rofl*), I don't play Facebook games...and nap, what is that? *lol* I should get back to my both collab kits then...
Hope you only have a small stick! :l

manu79 09-13-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacifika (Post 129742)
Oh, crap. :( I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse and now I lost all that I had said. :*( Oh, well.

I was just saying I was glad that you had started this thread. I thought about it last night while I was so keyed up about the contest that I couldn't sleep LOL

I feel like I really didn't do my best on this kit. I ended up just sort of hurrying at the end so I could get the preview done and have plenty of time to keep looking at it. Oh, well. :) I'm still honored and excited to have gotten this far. :)

But I still keep wondering, "Now that this challenge is finished, what do I do to fill all of that creative time and use up all that creative energy that is still rumbling around in my head." :D

Maybe I'll have to hop over and do the color challenge. :D

Good luck, all you amazingly talented people. :D

Don'T tell me about the back button - happened to me twice this week! :duh:

Minoush 09-13-2012 04:53 PM

Hi, itīs nice to find this thread here. :-)
I also would like to know how many of us will get to the next round? 14? or 12 and a half...?? *he he*

It was a lot of work to do in a short time and I feared I never would be ready in time.
Hope we donīt have to do 20 papers and 48 elements in the round 3... :-))

Minoush 09-13-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu79 (Post 129813)
Don'T tell me about the back button - happened to me twice this week! :duh:

Oh yeah! We can form a club of "Back Button Haters"! I also did it two times this week :duh:

jilbert 09-14-2012 01:09 AM

LOL!!! The dreaded back button ... sometimes it works (as in when you don't want it to) and sometimes it doesn't (as in when you DO want it to). I would be MORE than happy to join the club!!!

Toiny 09-14-2012 01:46 AM

Hello! Thought I'd pop in and say that there will still be 14 (50% of 28 moving on to the next round. It is easier for me than taking 50% of 25 :D

Besides, I'm having a hard time just narrowing it down to 24 :w

createdbyjill 09-14-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toiny (Post 129887)
Hello! Thought I'd pop in and say that there will still be 14 (50% of 28 moving on to the next round. It is easier for me than taking 50% of 25 :D

Besides, I'm having a hard time just narrowing it down to 24 :w

Awwwwwww.....easy answer for that! Just keep us all! :))

Jilbs 09-14-2012 07:42 AM

Help? Please? I just tried to change my Preview because of a slight little spelling mistake (Seriousl.. I can't believe I did it!!!!!!! That will teach me for doing the preview in the wee hours of the morning..) & now I've lost my thumbnail! I am soo sorry... Just wack me over the head or somethinf... my intuition said.. don't do it!!! But I did... Ahhhh! So sorry! :) eek..

ktkadoo 09-14-2012 08:39 AM

Can't you add a new thumbnail? Right under where your image should be, there's a spot for replacing your thumbnail. Maye that woudl work??

Jilbs 09-14-2012 08:45 AM

Thankyou Katie - I will go try that! :)

kimberkatt 09-14-2012 09:15 AM

yes, that's exactly how you rebuild your thumbnail ;) Let me know if you get it to work or not, I can help with that! ;)

kimberkatt 09-14-2012 09:20 AM

And... I'm forgetting why I came to post here!! LOL!

I know some of you were interested in the download link to my play along kit this week and I just wanted to let you know that it's updated with the link now! ;) So sorry about that, my brain is seriously protesting all that it has to remember this month! :l

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-MoonBeams.jpg

manu79 09-14-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by createdbyjill (Post 129907)
Awwwwwww.....easy answer for that! Just keep us all! :))

*rofl* Jill you try and try, right?

manu79 09-14-2012 01:39 PM

Great kit, Kimberly! :))

kimberkatt 09-14-2012 01:44 PM

Thank you! <3

Now if only I could get the links to cooperate and stop being a big pain in the you-know-what, that would be great! :rolleyes: :P

Jill, where are all of your bribes this round?? I could really go for some peanut butter cups!! ;) 0:) :love:

Jessicasma 09-14-2012 03:00 PM

I just want to say that this contest is Sooo much fun! I LOvE to see all the great talent and wide variety of inspiration in the kits! Even the play along kits are great(of course). I am glad I tried it again this year! Thanks Toiny and all you ladies at The Studio!

createdbyjill 09-14-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu79 (Post 129963)
*rofl* Jill you try and try, right?

Thoguht I'd take the pressure off of them...they're eyes must be crossing by now 0:)

{{{{{{{{{hugs to the admin and designer team that's taking the time out of their day(s) to go through all of these kits!}}}}}}}

*off to go wipe the brown off of her nose*