theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   About theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   One more question--Silhouette Cameo (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11884)

texjudy 09-15-2012 01:35 PM

One more question--Silhouette Cameo

If I order the Cameo through this site, when and where is it shipped from? I've been holding off and holding off...and holding off...lol. I NEED it!

DanielleS83 09-15-2012 04:58 PM

Re: One more question--Silhouette Cameo

Lol I know how you feel Judy!!! I don't have that answer but it will be answered soon - so just hang on a little longer!! You CAN do it!!

Toiny 09-15-2012 05:16 PM

It's shipped within 24 hours(maybe 48 on weekends) from California :D

We use priority mail. They are SO awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjudy (Post 130280)
If I order the Cameo through this site, when and where is it shipped from? I've been holding off and holding off...and holding off...lol. I NEED it!

texjudy 09-16-2012 12:56 AM

I've seen discount coupons for them before around the web, and I've been searching the web looking for one the last couple of weeks. TRYING to hold off and get one for myself for my birthday...but that's in December! (you know, so I'll have an excuse...hehe)

NancyP 09-16-2012 08:50 AM

I'm new to the Cameo. Need to do some research. Right now I have the Cricut Expression but I understand the Cameo cuts much finer details. I like that!!!

DanielleS83 09-16-2012 08:23 PM

Someone decided they needed my Cricut more then I did *cries* but it's all good - I have the rest of my life to spoil my creative fairy heart!!

Toiny 09-17-2012 12:16 AM

I don't know if that's true Nancy, I've read comparisons where the blade systems are very similar.

However, the Cameo can cut anything you think off. The Cricut is limited to cutting what cartridges/dies you've purchased, or can purchase.

I used to do a lot of quilting, still do some (made one last week), especially baby applique blankets, and I hated the cutting out the applique parts! The Cameo can cut those appliques out for you :D:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyP (Post 130440)
I'm new to the Cameo. Need to do some research. Right now I have the Cricut Expression but I understand the Cameo cuts much finer details. I like that!!!

Min 09-17-2012 02:32 AM

I can hardly wait to get my hands on one, lol - although... guess I will have to fight off the hands of my teenie daughter, she has already a *lot* of ideas for using it ;)

NancyP 09-17-2012 08:12 AM

Well, when I was home on vacation I stopped by the sb shop where I use to work. Vickie showed me some very intricate detail work on a piece she had cut out with the Cameo. My Cricut would have torn that to pieces!!! If it gets really tiny and intricate, my Cricut tears it up. And I put in a new blade and tried all sorts of different settings. Thats what convinced me that I wanted a Cameo.

Toiny 09-17-2012 08:27 AM

Thanks for sharing that Nancy! I did not know that. I've only touched the Cameo, but I did extensive reading about the Cricut & the Cameo before taking the Cameo for a test spin. I fell in love with it at first sight! The thought of being able to "print" my designs already cut out just made me giddy with possibilities.

We are testing it behind the scenes and working on some fun projects Cameo owners can do it with it. There are endless possibilities. It is really, really exciting. Doubly so for someone like me who enjoys scrapbooking & quilting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyP (Post 130594)
Well, when I was home on vacation I stopped by the sb shop where I use to work. Vickie showed me some very intricate detail work on a piece she had cut out with the Cameo. My Cricut would have torn that to pieces!!! If it gets really tiny and intricate, my Cricut tears it up. And I put in a new blade and tried all sorts of different settings. Thats what convinced me that I wanted a Cameo.

NancyP 09-17-2012 01:37 PM

Its definitely on my wish list!!!!:))

texjudy 09-18-2012 10:44 PM

Does anyone else find themselves looking for a "like" button in the forums? =p

Min 09-19-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texjudy (Post 130830)
Does anyone else find themselves looking for a "like" button in the forums? =p

... actually there is one in the top right corner of a post ;) ...

britnkaysmemaw2 09-19-2012 08:48 AM

My DH builds bodies for his remote control cars, and has used the Cricut for cutting out his #'s on vinyl on the cricut. What he would really like to do is cut his own decals using his own images. Can that be done on the Cameo?
With the cricut, I know you can only use the images from cartridges. What type of images can be used on the Cameo?

Toiny 09-19-2012 09:00 AM

You can use your own images on the Cameo. You can upload a JPG or a PNG image into the Cameo software that comes with all Cameo's. You then use the "trace" tool to set your cut lines, and it cuts it out perfectly!

We do have 2 Designers with the machine already and they are working on detailed tutorials to help new users do exactly this. Silhouette also has some tutorials, and there are tutorials out on the web.

Right now we are focusing on written step-by-step tutorials. Let me know if you are more of a video person. No promises, but we will try to add those in as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 (Post 130876)
My DH builds bodies for his remote control cars, and has used the Cricut for cutting out his #'s on vinyl on the cricut. What he would really like to do is cut his own decals using his own images. Can that be done on the Cameo?
With the cricut, I know you can only use the images from cartridges. What type of images can be used on the Cameo?

NancyP 09-19-2012 09:55 AM

I am definitely a video "show me" person. Don't hand me one of those big fat manuals cause it just won't sink in. That's what I love about schools today. The kids are learning a lot on the computers now by seeing. Our middle schools here have done away with books----everything is on the computer now, homework included. My neighbor just went and bought each of her three kids their own computers!!

britnkaysmemaw2 09-20-2012 10:05 PM

My Hubby is going to be in 7th heaven! Now to come up with the $$$$ to get one!

I am a video person too. How wonderful that you are doing the tutorials. What a help these will be! Thank You!

Toiny 09-21-2012 12:15 AM

I'm a book/reading person. Things I watch don't sink in but we will absolutely work on some videos.

FYI, Cole got a laptop from the school this year. All incoming freshmen got one. I guess they are a requirement now?

Rhoda Jayne 10-07-2012 06:34 PM

Wow, I just saw this thread!:))You will definitely love love love the Cameo!
That's what I've used for all the projects in my gallery here. I've gone through
Cricut, Bosskut Gazelle & now I'm in love with the Silhouette Cameo. I still have my baby SD which is still working just fine.
I've used my Cricut mats with mine also;however, I think you are better off to use the Silhouette mat whenever you do a print & cut. The print & cut is the most awesome feature and none of the other machines have the optical eye like the Cameo does.
I bought mine from OhMyCrafts and they always have great coupons to use on orders. I think I got mine last fall for $169.99
Silhouette has come out with the new Portrait machine which is going to retail for $199.99. I really think the price will go down on it because that's more than most people paid for the Cameo last fall.;)And it cuts a smaller width of paper.
You'll have so much fun with it!