theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   About theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   10% question (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13638)

zanthia 04-11-2013 02:11 PM

10% question

just wondering why when i put an item in my cart - the 10% discount from doing previous month challenge doesn't show up

thanks

Toiny 04-11-2013 02:19 PM

Re: 10% question

Usually this is because the email address you used to sign-up in the forum is not the same as the email you use in the store. Unfortunately we use two different software packages to run these areas on our site.

Occasionally it is because we missed you. We have been known to make this mistake, and I'm truly sorry if that was the case.

Please shoot me a PM with your store email address, and I will update your account for you.

Smooches!

T

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanthia (Post 149798)
just wondering why when i put an item in my cart - the 10% discount from doing previous month challenge doesn't show up

thanks

zanthia 04-11-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toiny (Post 149800)
Usually this is because the email address you used to sign-up in the forum is not the same as the email you use in the store. Unfortunately we use two different software packages to run these areas on our site.

Occasionally it is because we missed you. We have been known to make this mistake, and I'm truly sorry if that was the case.

Please shoot me a PM with your store email address, and I will update your account for you.

Smooches!

T

thanks toiny for quick response
sending you pm now

texjudy 04-13-2013 07:07 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I'll go check my email addy here.

NancyP 04-13-2013 07:27 PM

BUT---Commercial use shop does not get 10 percent, am I right??? I always get my 10 percent on personal use shop but not on commercial use shop.

kimberkatt 04-14-2013 11:04 AM

That is correct! 10% discount is for the Personal Use Store Only! :DD

donakat 06-01-2013 06:36 PM

My sign ins are the same email, and I've always gotten the discount previously, but this month it's not happening. Help, please!
Thank you!

kimberkatt 06-01-2013 06:58 PM

Hey Dona!

I know they are working on getting them updated in the store, but I will let them know to check you ;) did you receive the discount in May?

Thanks!

donakat 06-02-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 154033)
Hey Dona!

I know they are working on getting them updated in the store, but I will let them know to check you ;) did you receive the discount in May?

Thanks!

No, Kim, I didn't get it in May (hadn't been doing the challenges for a while). But I have in the past.

kimberkatt 06-06-2013 12:31 PM

Hey Dona!

Is your 10% working now? Everyone should have been updated yesterday, so just want to make sure ;) Thanks!

btmo-Pat 06-15-2013 06:41 PM

Several challenges mention a 10% discount, and I have seen it for both PU & CU, but we only get a single 10% discount.

So in fact, we only need to do one challenge to get 10%.
Collectively, if we do all the challenge the discount would be significantly more.
Many stores use a point system so that when a specific number of challenges are complete they get a % discount.
If each challenge was to say that members who do the CH get a 1% discount,
and the more challenges completed the more the discount,
then it would round out to the total number of challenges posted,
this month so far it's 15 challenges (thou there will be 16 with the second FD). (15% discount per month at 1% per challenge)

I have never had a discount in the CU store. Every month I do get a 10% discount in the PU store.

Now believe me, I am not complaining. I get more then enough from this community.
But for others, it is confusing. I even thought it was collectively years ago when I joined LOL.

When I work it all out I think I get more then a 10% discount across the board.
Look at all those free gifts, they cost money.
Lets say they are like $2.00 each. That's 7-8 a month, $14-$16, FREE to all Members and out of pocket for the designers.

So I guess what I am saying is that if a 10% discount applies to all challenges collectively, and only for the PU store, then it should be stated as such, by saying members only get one 10% on PU only, across the board, no matter how many challenges they complete.

Here's the Challenge List and what the Participation award is.
All of these are as fun as you make them.
And you get a layout done, sometimes in a way you never thought of. (and you may even learn a new technique or style)
(And collectively that is the main goal of these challenges)

*Progressive Scrap = no % + free gift, progressively.

*Quote Challenge = no % and no gift.

*Me, Myself & I = no % + 10 months or 10 LO's = $10.00 to designers store.

*Color Challenge = 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month (it does not specify PU or CU as of this posting) + gift + make your own kit from the given palette and share if you like.

*ATC Challenge = no % + free gift.

*Recipe Challenge = no % + Buy 1 of the Challengers RC Starter kits to start and every month thereafter you will get the next kit for the challenge FREE (Maurine will even make you something if you need it for the CH).

*Photo Exchange = no % + sharing of a photo to create a layout for another member.

*Variety Challenge = 10% discount on ALL PU only purchases.

*Make It BIG = no % + free gift after participating.

*Point in Time = no % + no gift.

*Photography Challenge = 10% discount on ALL PU only purchases.

*Less Is More = no % + free gift.

*White Space Challenge = 10% discount on ALL purchases (it does not specify PU or CU as of this posting) + free gift.

*Featured Designer Challenge = no % + 2 Free gift. (Twice a month)

*In total there is collectively 20% on ALL purchases, + 20% on PU only purchases (40%)

:)

kimberkatt 06-18-2013 09:04 AM

Wow! Look who did her homework! LOL! 8D

I know it is really confusing and we are planning on fixing this! Look for an announcement sticky that will explain exactly what you get for completing challenges ;)

The general idea: Every participant receives a 10% discount in our Personal Use store only, for the following month. Discounts run from the 5th through the 4th of the following month. This discount is rewarded for completing 1 or more challenges. You only have to do one challenge to receive the 10% discount, but, our challenges are fun and inspiring, so we encourage you to try them all out! There are also several challenges that supply a freebie and/or participation prize(s). These are considered "extra" incentives to join the challenge. You will still receive the 10% discount in the store for participating in these challenges.

There is never a discount in our CU store. Because of the nature of CU resources being used and resold, we cannot offer an additional discount. Our designers put a lot of time and effort into their CU resources for others to use in their own businesses. And because the majority of our challenges are geared more towards Scrapping and less towards Designing, we feel the Personal Use Discount is more appropriate for our participants needs.

Thank you so much, Pat, for your breakdown! As you can see, there are quite a few challenges that offer even more than the 10% discount in the PU Store. The designers here are amazingly generous!

zanthia 06-26-2013 12:44 PM

10% not working again

kimberkatt 06-26-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanthia (Post 155876)
10% not working again

Is your email address in the forum the same as the one you registered with in the store? I searched the one from the forum, and I can't find you in the store, which I know can't be accurate! lol

You can send me a Private Message so as not to post your email publicly ;) and I'll see about getting you set up!! :DD

zanthia 06-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 155878)
Is your email address in the forum the same as the one you registered with in the store? I searched the one from the forum, and I can't find you in the store, which I know can't be accurate! lol

You can send me a Private Message so as not to post your email publicly ;) and I'll see about getting you set up!! :DD

store is differnt
pm sent thanks

kimberkatt 06-26-2013 03:03 PM

okay, you should be all set now! Thanks!! :DD

Andie 09-04-2013 09:21 PM

Thanks Kimberly for clarifying that "next month" means the discount starts on the 5th and runs through the 4th of "the second month" after.

JulesW 06-07-2014 08:48 AM

I am having the same issue. May was the first month that I participated in challenges that earned the 10% discount. Should I see it in my cart right away? Thank you!

shaz515 06-07-2014 04:58 PM

I have been getting the 10% discount with no problems. It doesn't show up in my shopping cart, but when I get to the PayPal page, it shows up in the box on the left hand side.

JulesW 06-08-2014 05:37 AM

I'll check that out, thanks, Sharon!