theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Prayers needed (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13670)

khalgren77 04-18-2013 01:08 AM

Prayers needed

For those who don't know me, I am a paraplegic-since a MVA in 2002.. I'm heading in for surgery in the early morning so could sure use some prayers, I've had a pressure sore on my backside since last Sept! Had surgery in Dec to close it but after sutures were removed in March there was a tiny hole that didn't close so when I got up to get a shower it tore open again! I've had a wound vac on it as well as did 2 weeks of hyperbaric oxygen but neither helped- in fact it got deeper- am now at 7cm again...VERY frustrating! I want my life back again! VERY bored laying in bed 24/7 :grrr:...any and all prayers greatly appreciated! I'll update as I'm able to. Will have hubby bring computer in Friday...I imagine all I'll do tomorrow is sleep..LOL. I do have a facebook page so will have him update there if we're friends...thanks for any and all prayers/good thoughts!

Robyn 04-18-2013 01:43 AM

Re: Prayers needed

Good thoughts and vibes coming your way from across the globe.

Cyber hugs from me.............

Aveziur 04-18-2013 03:11 AM

My thoughts with you dear! :XX

MaryBeav 04-18-2013 05:54 AM

Prayers sent your way in hopes for a successful day and speedy recovery!

NancyP 04-18-2013 06:20 AM

Lots of happy get well thoughts and prayers coming your way!! Keep us updated. HUGS!!!

yorkiemom 04-18-2013 08:08 AM

Hugs and prayers coming your way! Hope everything goes well.

momto7 04-18-2013 11:58 AM

Prayers coming from here too. I hope things get better for you soon.

GrannieEv 04-18-2013 08:13 PM

All the best and a speedy recovery.

Toiny 04-19-2013 06:57 AM

I hope you are out of surgery now & it was a success! Lots of prayers for healing & get-up & about-ness.

Nandy 04-20-2013 08:38 AM

I hope you had a successful surgery and I pray you have a speedy recovery.

mama4bears 04-20-2013 05:16 PM

Prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Amberpony 04-20-2013 10:31 PM

(((((Air Hugs))))) Prayers for a Successful Recovery.

Toiny 04-21-2013 02:57 AM

Checking in with you to see how it is going? You have been in my thoughts & prayers.

khalgren77 04-21-2013 09:18 AM

Thanks ladies! Surgery went well- Phase 1 went well- I was partially awake although I don't remember anything..lol..doc said it all looked good- no signs of infection or anything so that's a great sign! They were afraid I may have had some go into the bone but nothing! YEAH!
Right now I have a wound vac on that's pumping antibiotics right into the hole,sits for about 30 sec then taken out with the vac. Repeats every half hour. Getting oral and IV antibiotics too so if there were any type of infections anywhere in me- they're doomed! LOL. Only trouble I am having is my left arm swelling- not sure if it's the meds or IV has blown- it's only sore when the antibiotics are running..it is pretty swelled tho so thinking we have to have a redo...sigh..was hoping to wait till surgery so I can't feel it(veins suck big time!) but I don't think this IV will last that long...sigh... I go back in the morning(Monday) to close the hole up. They put a drain in then sutures. I have to stay off it 100% for 5-6 weeks. Let's hope this time it takes fully. Last time it healed good all but a tiny eraser size spot. Got up to shower and it tore open so I was back to square one. Asked the doc to please sew it a but further from the suture this time..He laughed and promised he'd do better this time. LOL.. I'll let you know how it goes...thanks again for the well wishes! I do know I'm bored outta my mind!

Aveziur 04-22-2013 02:29 AM

Recover yourself soon!

avalon4 04-22-2013 10:23 AM

So glad to hear things are moving along in the right direction for you and you'll have a full recovery. I can't imaging being laid up for that long either, I'd go stir crazy! You have my utmost respect for hanging in there and we're all rooting for you!

Nandy 04-23-2013 12:56 PM

Hope your better soon, the power of prayer is amazing!!