theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Photobucket Question (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13824)

NancyP 05-10-2013 08:19 AM

Photobucket Question

I have been having serious computer problems lately and now one of them is I cannot upload to PhotoBucket. Have no idea how to contact them and I am paying them a monthly fee! I use Photobucket to enable kits and layouts at DSA and DST. Can anyone tell me what other site I can use to share layouts? Thanks for your help!!!

kabrak1207 05-10-2013 01:57 PM

Re: Photobucket Question

For enabling, I generally just pull the jpg's from the sites I'm promoting rather than using Photobucket. I only use Photobucket for pre-release layouts. It seems like I had issues with Photobucket at one time using Internet Explorer and I think the solution at that time was to run it in compatibility mode (Tools --> Compatibility View). With the new release of Photobucket, I no longer have to do that. . . .

NancyP 05-10-2013 05:15 PM

OK, Kabra, you are talking to a tech dummy here!! What do you mean by " generally just pull the jpg's from the sites I'm promoting " :'(

kabrak1207 05-10-2013 07:06 PM

These instructions are for Internet Explorer. I have my cursor hover over the picture of lets say the kit (although it could be a page in the gallery too). Right click--> Properties. Towards the middle of the window that pops up is the address of the photo. You can copy that by highlighting it and then Edit --> Copy. Hope that helps :-)

NancyP 05-10-2013 08:22 PM

OK, know exactly what you are talking about, just didn't know thats what you called it. THANKS!!!!!

DSSDiane 05-11-2013 09:17 AM

Hi Nancy,

When I am advertising or posting a layout I just upload it from my computer. I use Scrapbook Max 2.0 software to create my layouts and all my finished layouts appear in a published folder, which is where I pull my layout from when posting online. I only use Photobucket when there is no way to post from my computer.

Diane

NancyP 05-11-2013 11:21 AM

But what is it called when you copy and paste right from your computer??? Isn't there something you're not suppose to do? I forgot what it was called.

britnkaysmemaw2 05-11-2013 12:30 PM

You want to make sure you are using your Saved for Web JPG's sized down to 600x600.
When I do my layouts, I save in 3 folders, PSD; JPG (for printing) and Saved for Web.

I like the new photobucket and have not had any problems using it. I only use it for uploading previews to my CT sites, when I upload to galleries, I use the Saved for Web directly from my computer.

NancyP 05-11-2013 01:02 PM

Well, the new Photobucket just doesn't like me. I can't upload anything and I am paying for this every month!! I have no idea who to contact. Frustrating!!