theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   theStudio CHATS (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Does anyone use a Wacom Tablet? (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13998)

Nandy 06-07-2013 08:43 PM

Does anyone use a Wacom Tablet?

Does anyone use a Wacom Tablet? I was thinking about getting one, there are several, not sure which one or if it's something that's worth getting. I don't know anyone who uses one. Are they user friendly?? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Studio4 Designworks 06-07-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Does anyone use a Wacom Tablet?

Yes, I use one and a lot of the designers do as well. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do, it's wonderful. It's saving my wrists I believe. There are lots of great things about them - even though I never did finish the tutorials. And I put my keyboard on the pullout below my desk and only pull it out when I need it so it frees up more space on my desk (which is always full of stuff!) I would recommend one.

NancyP 06-07-2013 11:11 PM

I bought one about two years ago-----and its still sitting here in the box!!!!!

Min 06-08-2013 02:37 AM

I'm using mine for a lot of things that do require fine detailed work - like drawing, extracting etc. I still use my mouse for the "regular" work and only pull out the tablet only when I need it. My keyboard is still right next to it for easier navigating using the keyboard shorcuts. :)

I'm using an older one, the Bamboo Fun CTH 661 with a drawing area of 6 x 9 in. I wouldn't recommend getting a smaller one (I had one and passed it on to my daughter). You might want to think about having the touch-function ability - I hardly ever use mine, being not a touch screen person, lol.

Another option: if you have a tablet (iPad or similar) you can use that as graphic tablet, as well.

Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions :D

Renee 06-08-2013 03:00 AM

I use mine for everything, scrapping, surfing on the net etc. Only some games can,t be played with it, but I can,t do without my tablet!

NancyP 06-08-2013 08:03 AM

WOW, guess I better blow the dust off mine, open the box and check out what I have here!!!

britnkaysmemaw2 06-08-2013 11:36 AM

Me too Nancy! Mine is sitting on top of my desk unplugged.....guess I need to plug it in and check it out!

NancyP 06-08-2013 12:47 PM

Anything new that's technical just scare me!!!

Renee 06-08-2013 03:29 PM

Believe me ladies, it takes about a few days to a week and then you will not use your mouse anymore!!

MaryBeav 06-08-2013 11:31 PM

I use the Bamboo Create 8.50" x 5.40" active area. I really like it a lot. I used the smaller ones for years. I wanted a bigger space to play without having to purchase the more expensive tablets. Little hint: to get use to it and slow it down a bit use the uber large post-it inside the active area for some drag on the pen tip. I like the ones with the lines.

-esha- 06-09-2013 12:06 AM

I have a Wacom Intuos A4 wide sitting right in front of my monitor (keyboard is in a drawer underneath) and a small Wacom Bamboo to take away with my laptop.
I love my Intuos, woulnd't know what to do without it. I hardly ever scan my sketches anymore, I usually draw everything directly with the tablet pen.

The intuos is perfectly customizable, you can change virtually everything. The shortcut buttons are real timesavers.
Only on my small Bamboo I haven't found out yet how to make it pressure sensitive... right now I have to press down the pen so hard that it feels like engraving *lol*
MaryBeav, since you have a Bamboo, do you have any suggestions?

MaryBeav 06-09-2013 12:31 AM

Go into your Bamboo Preferences settings under Pen tab, adjust your tip feel... it goes from soft to firm. HTH :)

Nandy 06-09-2013 11:15 PM

:w Thank you so much for everyones input, I'm so glad to hear that so many of you are using it, I am definitely going to add it to my "Need It, Want It, Gotta Have It" List :))...... any hints as to what I need to look for, there are so many to choose from and never even considered the IPad that was something new thrown into the mix?
Britnkaysmemaw and Nancy P sounds like you might want to try it, let me know if you do.

Hugs to all have a great week!<3