theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photography Contest (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=512)
-   -   Photography Contest Info (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14556)

Toiny 08-31-2013 07:33 AM

Photography Contest Info

Our first annual Photography Contest starts Monday, September 2, 2013. This event is made possible by the amazing Jodi Friedman of MCP Actions.

No need for sign ups, just post your Round 1 entry in the Photography Contest Gallery no later than 23:59 EST weekly.

All challenges will be posted 6:00 a.m. EST Mondays in September and due by 23:59 EST per the scheduled dates:
- Round 1: Challenge begins Sept. 2nd, Due Sept 7th
- Round 2: Challenge begins Sept. 9th, Due Sept 14th
- Round 3: Challenge begins Sept. 16th, Due Sept 21th
- Round 4: Challenge begins Sept 23rd, Due Sept 28th
- Grand Prize Winner announced Sept 30th
The contest is open to anyone interested in photography, whether you are brand-new, established or even just for fun! Prizes are limited to people not affiliated with Digital Scrapbooking Studio or MCP Actions.

We will be doing each week individually, non-elimination. That means you can join in one week, two weeks, three weeks or even all four weeks. There will be one big prize weekly; and one Grand Prize Winner.

To qualify for the Grand Prize you must enter all four weeks. You do not need to win, merely enter.

I am really looking forward to seeing all your photo's.

Weekly Prizes (1 each):
<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh: none; mso-border-insidev: none" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 239.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=319>
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 239.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=319><o:p></o:p></TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 239.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=319></TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 239.4pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=319></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Grand Prize (1):

yorkiemom 08-31-2013 07:58 AM

Re: Photography Contest Info

Are there any rules?

Toiny 08-31-2013 08:13 AM

There will be some rules & specifications given in each challenge. These may change week-to-week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkiemom (Post 161417)
Are there any rules?

yorkiemom 08-31-2013 08:25 AM

Thanks Toiny!

NancyP 08-31-2013 09:42 AM

So CT members cannot join in??? And I LOVE photography!!!! These actions are amazing! I may just have to get over my fear of actions. Can't wait to see what everyone does.

Victoria32 08-31-2013 09:55 AM

I'm looking forward to the contest.

yorkiemom 08-31-2013 10:34 AM

Dang didn't know CT members couldn't join! Well shall look forward to seeing all the participants' photo then.

Toiny 08-31-2013 11:26 AM

CT members can absolutely join in! Unfortunately, since I am part of the jury you cannot win her actions. However, I will work up a special prize for all participating site CT & Designers.

Toiny 08-31-2013 11:31 AM

I will post more about Jodi & her actions on Monday, however, she has several FREE, amazing actions you can try out on her site: http://www.mcpactions.com/actions/try-me.html

Even better, she's got fantastic tutorials to help you make the most of her actions. Go check these out. You will not be sorry: http://www.mcpactions.com/ps-actions-video-tutorials

You will be allowed to submit photo's edited with her actions, including her free actions, in the photography contest.

This a Before & After I did of Dane when I first discovered Jodi's actions. This was done with hand edits & her free Mini Fusion Actions.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...G_3829copy.jpg

yorkiemom 08-31-2013 11:40 AM

Works for me! Thanks Toiny!

NancyP 08-31-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toiny (Post 161447)
CT members can absolutely join in! Unfortunately, since I am part of the jury you cannot win her actions. However, I will work up a special prize for all participating site CT & Designers.

WOW, thanks Toiny!!! So excited about this challenge!! Still learning my new DSLR so better hit the books!!

jilbert 08-31-2013 01:21 PM

I was almost bummed until I saw that there will be a special something for the studio CT's AND designers ... I definitely need to check out these actions!!!

Elizabeth 08-31-2013 01:24 PM

I'll look after this challenge.

crlin 08-31-2013 01:54 PM

So glad its weekly no elimination! Will be gone part of the time so can participate for part of it! Also, are the actions only for Photoshop or will they work in Elements? I'm using Elements only since you have to join the cloud now to get full use of Photoshop.

Lara's Digi World 08-31-2013 03:16 PM

Sounds more than fantastic, I´m so in love with anything what helps me to edit my bad pics were usually my kids look best, lol. Off to check out the links, Toiny, thank you so much!

SnickerdoodleDesigns 08-31-2013 03:49 PM

I have several of Jodi's actions and LOVE them! So easy to use also!

Toiny 08-31-2013 04:08 PM

Jodi's actions come in both photoshop & elements versions. I'm telling you, she ROCKS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crlin (Post 161468)
So glad its weekly no elimination! Will be gone part of the time so can participate for part of it! Also, are the actions only for Photoshop or will they work in Elements? I'm using Elements only since you have to join the cloud now to get full use of Photoshop.

angmag55 08-31-2013 04:26 PM

Awesome actions etc! Going to try to do this!

kimberkatt 08-31-2013 04:49 PM

I love her actions! I have all of the free ones and use them A LOT! lol This should be so much fun! Can't wait!! :((

sparkysgirl 09-01-2013 07:44 AM

This sounds AWESOME, Toiny! I'm disappointed that we can't win the actions too, BUT ... I'm always up for improving my photography skills. This sounds like the perfect opportunity for that!