theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dress Up Your Avatar (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=516)
-   -   Dress up Your Avatar! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14565)

SnickerdoodleDesigns 08-31-2013 05:26 PM

Dress up Your Avatar!

September at theStudio is an Occasion. Why?

Stone Accent Studios (SAS), a digital scrapbooking store, opened in September 2007. In 2008, Toiny, our current store owner, entered the SAS Designer contest and won First Place. She purchased the store in April 2009, and changed the SAS name to Digital Scrapbooking Studio, also known as theStudio.

So this September, we at theStudio, celebrate the 6th birthday of our store!

You will see a lot of Birthday Challenges and different activities to participate in. You are currently in the Avatar Challenge.

What to do: Make yourself a new avatar, or decorate your current one, with a Celebration theme!

How to Change your Avatar: Click on User CP at the top of the forum (left side), scroll down a little and find the "Edit Avatar" link along the left. Upload a new avatar using the on-screen instructions and click "save changes!"

Come back here...:... and make a post (Just tell us the story of your avatar, if there is one; give kit credit; or just say hi!). Once you post, we will be able to see your new avatar.

So what do you get for your participation? (Besides fun and excitement, of course!)

All participants will receive a Party Favor pack with items created from the September Mega (which is amazing!)

ALSO....and here's a little more history before I tell you your 2nd gift...
I started designing in June 2009. In September 2011, I entered the Design Contest here at theStudio. I thought it would be fun, as well as a growth experience for me. It was all that and more. I was surprised and over-the-moon delighted to win First Place, earning a coveted Designer spot here at theStudio. I am blessed to be part of the amazing Studio family! So as I was setting up this challenge, and reflecting on my own participation here 2 years ago, I thought it would be fun to offer my winning kit, Dare to Dream, to all participants.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a coupon from me to pick up the Dare to Dream Kit.

Already have the Kit? Then I have several coupon options for you.... I'll go ahead and give those to you now!

1. Coupon for an extra 10% off ANY of the Dare to Dream EXTRAS (not collection), expires 9/30
code: DaREtoDrEaM10%ExTraS
for: Alpha, Cardstock, Clusters, Styles, Wordart

2. Coupon for the Dare to Dream Collection #1 at the TOTAL PRICE of $4.29, expires 9/30
code: DarEToDrEAmCoLLeCtioN

I look forward to seeing your newly decorated avatars!

NancyP 08-31-2013 06:13 PM

Re: Dress up Your Avatar!

Hay, I can vouch----this is ONE AWESOME KIT!!!! Hummmm---think I'll do a layout or two.:((

But anyway. Why did I do this avatar? Well---when I think of Karen's kit; Dare to Dream, I think of Toiny. She dared to dream and look at her and DSS now!!!! It shows you what can happen when someone dares to dream!!! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Toiny and DSS!!!!

mama4bears 08-31-2013 07:42 PM

I used the mini kit Celebrate from Two Moose Designs (Mini-kit Challenge)!

NancyP 08-31-2013 08:56 PM

Love it, Pam! So pretty!

michelelynne 08-31-2013 09:49 PM

I used the Two Moose Designs mini kit too!

britnkaysmemaw2 08-31-2013 11:45 PM

I used the April 12 Mega Smile for mine.

kpmelly 09-01-2013 04:53 AM

Okay, see my new hat only for your birthday party:

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.../avatar600.jpg

Ariadne 09-01-2013 11:34 AM

I used the mini kit Celebrate by TMD for this. Get it free for the birthday bash HERE

kimberkatt 09-01-2013 11:58 AM

You gals are looking spiffy!! Very festive ladies! Great job!!

p.s. I LOVE that kit of Karen's! A Princess girls DREAM! :DD

sparkysgirl 09-01-2013 12:08 PM

My avatar story is simple! Just wanted to say "Happy Birthday!" to The Studio!!!!!

Almost forgot: I used "It's My Princess Birthday" by WendyP Designs.

scrappygal 09-01-2013 01:23 PM

With help (thank you - you know who you are), I was finally able to upload my avatar to be able to join in to celebrate the Studio's 6th Birthday celebration!

I dressed up my original avatar to include my photo, a couple of elements from the Dare To Dream kit by Snickerdoodle Designs (Karen), and a couple more elements from a 'retired' birthday/celebration minikit also by Karen.

Congratulations to Toiny, and to all the Designers and staff who, in the past 6 years, have helped her fulfill her dream to create and manage a fabulous site; and also to all the wonderful members! May the site continue to prosper and the good times go on............:love:

amsangel 09-01-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmelly (Post 161592)
okay, see my new hat only for your birthday party:

love your avatar! What kit did you use??

amsangel 09-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkysgirl (Post 161681)
my avatar story is simple! Just wanted to say "happy birthday!" to the studio!!!!!

love your avatar and siggie, what kit did you use??

amsangel 09-01-2013 01:36 PM

Scrapygal... Love your cut out avatar... Very unique :)

MGDesigns 09-01-2013 03:23 PM

I might be biased but this is my favourite so far :DD

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmelly (Post 161592)
Okay, see my new hat only for your birthday party:

MGDesigns 09-01-2013 03:32 PM

It is Celebrate This by me :) I've just put it on sale to ... well ... celebrate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amsangel (Post 161702)
love your avatar and siggie, what kit did you use??

jilbert 09-01-2013 08:42 PM

here I am in my party dress ... birthday cake with 6 candles on it ... probably taunting my youngest brother ...

kpmelly 09-02-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amsangel (Post 161701)
love your avatar! What kit did you use??

Hi amsangel, I credit it in the gallery, must be Celebrate this by MadGeniusDesign.
Thanks for your compliment!

kpmelly 09-02-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGDesigns (Post 161722)
I might be biased but this is my favourite so far :DD

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu;)

MGDesigns 09-02-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpmelly (Post 161873)
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu;)

Thank YOU for making my kit look so awesome!!