theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   September 2013 Challenges (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=524)
-   -   Recipe Card Challenge ~ September 2013 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14617)

Maurine Stettler 09-03-2013 10:48 PM

Recipe Card Challenge ~ September 2013

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery

Post your ideas and suggestions for future challenges here

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's recipe card challenge kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit, although you can also use other CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). NOTE: A coupon code will be provided to those who used the prior month's kit to create and share at least one recipe card in the previous month’s challenge.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite recipe that includes any type of spice or herb ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards!

3. Create your recipe card(s) at 6" wide x 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels), 300 ppi resolution. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. When finished, save as a jpeg file with quality between 8-10. Carefully proofread and make needed changes before finalizing.

4. You will also need to resize and save your card(s) at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), you must do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a message here in this forum thread with a link to your gallery card no later than September 30.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

NOTE: A checklist of instructions is included in the store kit for your convenience.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...09_Preview.jpg

Maurine Stettler 09-03-2013 10:49 PM

Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ September 2013

NOTE: I’ve included a link at the top of my first post above where you can share your ideas and suggestions for future month’s challenges.

I’ve had several people ask me to make full-size kits out of my recipe card starter kits, and vice versa – this month I decided to do just that. These colors are definitely different than last month’s bright, citrus-y palette, but I love the warm, earthy colors in my “Spice Rack” kit. This seems like the perfect time to have a challenge for recipes that include herbs and spices as people are finishing canning produce from their garden and perhaps cooking a little more inside as the weather (hopefully) starts to cool down outside.

For this month’s challenge, let’s focus on any type of recipe that includes a spice or herb – whatever you’d like to go along with this theme. There are so many possibilities – I can’t wait to see the gallery fill up with your creative cards and delicious recipes! If you need a tag for your recipe and don’t already have it from a previous kit, send me an e-mail and I’ll try to get one made for you.

NOTE: My "Spice Rack" kit has been offered as a freebie here at theStudio, and a LOT of people have it. Part of the requirement with this monthly challenge is that you have to buy and use the starter kit or its corresponding full-size kit if you did not participate the month before. Bottom-line: anyone can use my "Spice Rack" kit instead of purchasing September's starter kit - but only if you purchased that kit and didn't receive it as a freebie. Hope that makes sense -- if not, please let me know.

August participants: I’ll send you an e-mail with a coupon code for this month’s kit no later than September 6. If you haven’t sent me your August cards, please do so as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

-esha- 09-05-2013 06:17 AM

Ooooh what a lovely kit! Really different.
And a cool theme. Most recipes I know use spices or herbs but I'll try find some that use them even more than the others :)

jimmyrose 09-05-2013 06:52 AM

Oh, this one is so cute. Can't wait to get started.

marnie 09-05-2013 12:28 PM

Ohhh...LOVE the colors you have this month!!

Beladebz 09-05-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurine Stettler (Post 162617)
NOTE: You can also use my “Spice Rack” kit for this month’s cards if you purchased it, but not if you got it as a “freebie” unless you participated in August’s challenge. If you have any questions about that, let me know and I’ll explain why..

It must have been a long week today because my brain is fried....can you explain this? I do not have the full size kit, but I would like to buy it......not sure how I got it as a freebie for participating in the August challenge. (I did participate)

Super cute kit, can't wait to get started.

Thanks!
Debi

Doris C 09-05-2013 02:10 PM

Love this month's starter kit, Maurine. I would also like to buy the full kit. Looked in your store on the Studio website but couldn't find it. Thanks so much for continuing to host this exchange for us!!

LMTCHT 09-05-2013 02:34 PM

Cute! When I saw it I wondered if I would be able to use things from the kit. I bought it a while ago.

Here's the kit and the link for it.
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...ck_Preview.jpg

https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...79459d5a989fcd

Doris C 09-05-2013 02:41 PM

Thanks. WOW!! What a great kit. That's about to hop in my cart!

clikpic 09-05-2013 07:13 PM

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ffins_web_.jpg

gallery

rschwetz 09-05-2013 09:18 PM

I think your September kit is wonderful. I love the peaceful feel of it and the color palette, as well as the cute little girls. Thanks for another great kit and a fun challenge.

Maurine Stettler 09-05-2013 09:52 PM

Yeah, that paragraph was a bit confusing even for me -- and I wrote it! Long week for me, too! Here's a new paragraph -- is this clearer? I've changed it above as well. Thanks for the honest feedback! : )

My "Spice Rack" kit has been offered as a freebie here at theStudio, and a LOT of people have it. Part of the requirement with this monthly challenge is that you have to buy and use the starter kit or its corresponding full-size kit if you did not participate the month before. Bottom-line: anyone can use my "Spice Rack" kit instead of purchasing September's starter kit - but only if you purchased that kit and didn't receive it as a freebie. Hope that makes sense -- if not, please let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beladebz (Post 163102)
It must have been a long week today because my brain is fried....can you explain this? I do not have the full size kit, but I would like to buy it......not sure how I got it as a freebie for participating in the August challenge. (I did participate)

Super cute kit, can't wait to get started.

Thanks!
Debi

Pssequimages 09-06-2013 05:56 PM

Oh! the kit this month is absolutely darling. Here's my recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie.

jimmyrose 09-06-2013 06:36 PM

Picked out the recipes and ready to go.

Maurine Stettler 09-06-2013 10:16 PM

I have sent a coupon code for September's kit to all August participants who have e-mailed me their print quality cards. If you haven't sent me your cards yet, please do so as soon as possible and I'll send you the coupon code, too. Thanks, everyone -- can't wait to see what September's cards look like!

logicgrandma 09-06-2013 10:54 PM

I just got the kit (recipe size) and have figured these kits would also work for ATCs. Looks so deep and fall colored.

LMTCHT 09-07-2013 06:36 AM

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ecipes_web.jpg

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...bbq-sauce.html

patchas 09-07-2013 08:32 AM

I love love love this kit. These are my colors -- I love Fall. Thanks so much again for your fabulous starter kits. I love this challenge and all the yummy recipes that come from it.

GoodGram 09-07-2013 10:18 AM

I feel a little sumpthin' extra coming on to add to a recipe card....like maybe a little string tie envelope to match. I'll have it in several formats so those with or without a digital cutter can use it. I like to make spice mixtures in bulk but put up in individual packages for myself and to give away, so little envies make that easy to do. ;)

Maurine Stettler 09-07-2013 11:57 AM

That's awesome -- can't wait to see how that turns out, Barbara!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGram (Post 163654)
I feel a little sumpthin' extra coming on to add to a recipe card....like maybe a little string tie envelope to match. I'll have it in several formats so those with or without a digital cutter can use it. I like to make spice mixtures in bulk but put up in individual packages for myself and to give away, so little envies make that easy to do. ;)