theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A little informal poll (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471)

Lori11941 01-18-2008 07:41 PM

A little informal poll

I don't usually have the time to participate in a lot of challenges, since I'm usually hard at work behind the scenes here. But this Make a Wish challenge kit is so yummy that I'm trying to do them all. So here's what I'm curious about...

How many challenges have you participated in this month?

How many more do you plan to do?

Do you think you'll get to them all?

And here's one for the designers...

If you miss a challenge, would you like to see that piece available for sale at the end of the month?

How much would you consider reasonable to charge for the piece?

sharpli 01-18-2008 10:08 PM

It's a little hard to answer this because some of the challenges run mid-month to mid-month, so they'd count as two, if I did them both.

So, that said, so far I think I've done eleven and will probably try to do them all, but at least five more. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to scraplift myself!!!!! LOL.

Lori11941 01-18-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpli (Post 9939)
It's a little hard to answer this because some of the challenges run mid-month to mid-month, so they'd count as two, if I did them both.

So, that said, so far I think I've done eleven and will probably try to do them all, but at least five more. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to scraplift myself!!!!! LOL.

You should get the PB free just for being the liftee instead of the lifter. I'll contact Jenn about it. lol

Joba2 01-19-2008 12:36 AM

I think I have done them all so far.I count ten challenges completed.

Oops I see a new one added-the inspiration challenge. Maybe I can do it tonight after granddaughters birthday party

JCSimon 01-19-2008 04:28 AM

I think I've done six so far, and plan on completing as many as possible. The only ones I know I won't do are the photo challenge (photo a day) simply because of physical limitations, and Terrell's sketch challenge because I just can't figure out how to use the sketch! LOL

This month's kit is great....I want as much of it as I can snag

Lori11941 01-19-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCSimon (Post 9957)
I think I've done six so far, and plan on completing as many as possible. The only ones I know I won't do are the photo challenge (photo a day) simply because of physical limitations, and Terrell's sketch challenge because I just can't figure out how to use the sketch! LOL

This month's kit is great....I want as much of it as I can snag

Jamie, the sketch challenge isn't that complicated actually. What I do is pull everything out and then put it back together the way I want it. So I set my selector to select by color at something pretty high (maybe 60 or 70), the select something, like Terrell's snowman. It highlights the snowman and I copy and paste as a new object. Then I do the same with the rest.

You only need to go to those lengths if you want to change the size of some pieces, which I needed to in this case. Otherwise you can just highlight areas where you want things to show through, like a picture frame and delete the background behind it, so you can insert your picture in the bottom layer (like a quick page). Select the black background and fill it with your background paper (or, if you want to be able to shadow it, delete the black and insert a picture beneath it), and you're good to go.

And now you don't need to miss out on Terrell's wonderful participation bonus.

JCSimon 01-19-2008 01:49 PM

Thanks, Lori....I'll give it a try. :-)