theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbie Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Problems uploading images to the gallery (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2515)

artsygranny 06-23-2008 07:21 AM

Problems uploading images to the gallery

I know it's been asked before, but so far, I have not been able to find an answer to the error message problem I have when I try to upload to the gallery.

The particular file I am trying to upload is 69kb, 500 X 500 pixels. It is an entry for the June Clutter-it challenge. I don't think file size is a problem, but the error I get says it is too big.

Could someone explain, step-by-step, how to upload to the gallery? Maybe I am leaving out a step that is causing the problem. I would be forever grateful for any and all help.

kimberkatt 06-23-2008 03:25 PM

hmmm.... Carol, this has me stumped! I don't know why the Photobucket way didn't work either.... Anywho, here's how I started uploading to the gallery...

1. Register/sign in (I'm not sure if you have to register separately from the Forum or not, it was so long ago I don't remember! :p )
2. click on "Upload Photos" and this will bring you to the Upload screen
3. Choose a category... I always leave this as "Member Galleries"
4. Select your photos. Click on the first "browse" button and find the file you wish to upload from your computer. You will know you did this correctly if the window closes and the file path is inserted in the box next to the "browse" button.
5. Enter a Title for your layout.
6. Enter a description... remember to leave credits for your layouts!
7. Keywords: I usually leave this blank and it will fill in automatically with words from your title/description.
8. From here you can choose to hit the "upload/submit" button now, or you can scroll a little further down and choose "yes" for the "Want to be notified by email when users post replies?" box (which will send you an e-mail when someone comments on your layouts! I always check "yes" for this box, well, because who doesn't want to read their comments! LOL! ) then click the "upload/submit" button.
9. After you click "upload/submit", the next screen will say "preparing to process image list" for a brief moment and then the Bulk Uploads screen will appear.
10. On the Bulk Uploads screen you should see a thumbnail of your Layout, a check box under "Add Photo?" which should be checked, and "Optional Info" section. MAKE SURE THE ADD PHOTO? CHECKBOX IS CHECKED!! It will not add your layout if it's not checked!
11. Under "Optional Info" you can add categories. For example, if you did a layout for the Template challenge, the first category will say "Member Galleries" (so it will upload to your personal gallery) and in the second box you can choose the template challenge category. Now, if your layout was made with one of the very talented SAS-Y Designer's kits :D , you can choose her Designer Gallery for the third category. By choosing these additional categories, your layout will be copied into those categories, so no need to upload for each category!
12. Your Title, Description, & Keywords should have copied over into this screen, just double check to make sure it's correct!
13. Click "Process" and your Layout should be uploaded!!

Just a couple tips:
1. I've never uploaded more than 1 layout at a time! It seems that most people have problems when uploading multiple layouts at once (at least that is what I read about when first attempting to upload layouts at various sites! Therefore, I've never done more than one at a time!)
2. Make sure that your layout is resized to 500X500 Pixels, 72dpi, filesize usually under 100kb... anything larger than this will most likely cause problems!

Carol, I really, really hope it is just a missed step somewhere while trying to upload!! If you are still having problems after following these steps, you should send a Private Message to Lori11941 or janalyn and they will try to figure out what the problem is and get it fixed for you!! Hang in there and don't give up!! :D

artsygranny 06-24-2008 07:36 AM

I truly appreciate your efforts to help. I just tried again, using your directions. I get to step 9 ok. When I hit submit, I get the "preparing to process image list screen", but then I get a screen that has this error message instead of the bulk uploads screen:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2400 bytes) in /home/stoneacc/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 102

My image is 500x500 pixels, and 69 kbs.

Thanks again, Kimberkatt for your efforts to help.

kimberkatt 06-24-2008 07:50 AM

Well, I'm thinking it's a glitch in the gallery associated with your user name somehow... definitely forward this message to Lori or Janalyn and they will look into it for you and try to fix it!! :)

My only other suggestion (because I had to do this at another site!) is to register a separate screen name, like artsygranny1 or something like that and see if you can upload under that name. It's kinda frustrating to have to remember 2 different screen names, but it worked for me at the other site! If that doesn't work.... then I've exhausted my knowledge! LOL!! :D

Hope you get this straightened out soon... in the meantime, I'm sure it will be okay for you to participate in the challenges and upload your layouts to Photobucket! :)

janalyn 06-24-2008 11:16 AM

Hi,

When this error message is received I need to delete the file from the server before you can upload again. USUALLY the file has not been properly sized...Sometimes members have grabbed the wrong file to upload, one that was not resized for web and it gets 'stuck'.

I can see 4 .jpgs in your file, 3 Clutter it Challenges and 1 June ATC Challenge. The very first Clutter It.jpg is very large - 2 mg - so it is the problem child here. ;) The other 2 that you have tried to upload are sized correctly but will not upload with the large one in the file. I have cleared all 4 and you should now be able to upload them again. The dimensions need to be set at 72dpi and 500x500px with a file size up to 125k. Photoshop users should resize there LO to those dimensions (Image> Image Size) and then use the Save For Web feature (File>Save For Web)to get the file down to the 125k size.

If you follow these size requirements you should not have problems uploading more than 1 LO at a time. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you receive error messages when uploading to the galleries. :)

Janalyn, SAS Admin

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygranny (Post 17688)
I truly appreciate your efforts to help. I just tried again, using your directions. I get to step 9 ok. When I hit submit, I get the "preparing to process image list screen", but then I get a screen that has this error message instead of the bulk uploads screen:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2400 bytes) in /home/stoneacc/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 102

My image is 500x500 pixels, and 69 kbs.

Thanks again, Kimberkatt for your efforts to help.

babyofmine 06-24-2008 06:50 PM

I have tried twice now, but I don't get to the "bulk uploads" page. I choose the image, etc, but after "submit" it just takes me to My Gallery, which is empty. Help! It's in cyber-la-la-land!

artsygranny 06-24-2008 07:14 PM

Thank you so much for the help, Janalyn! I'm going to go try it again. First, I will double check the file sizes of the layouts.

babyofmine 06-24-2008 08:10 PM

Why would the image size matter, when the gallery says there's no limit to the file size? just curious.

edit: finally got it uploaded, after changing the file size. The gallery confused me, since it said no file size limit.

ladyofthethorns 06-24-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyofmine (Post 17725)
Why would the image size matter, when the gallery says there's no limit to the file size? just curious.

edit: finally got it uploaded, after changing the file size. The gallery confused me, since it said no file size limit.

That confused me too when I first came here; they should probably change that.

I'm glad you got it worked out - if you're new to scrapbooking forums then you should probably make note of these limitations, as most of the forum sites have them. I personally have adopted a standard of 500x500ppi and a file size of 125kb or less for all gallery uploads; this way, I don't have to remember what the limitations are from site to site - this combination works at all of them (at least it has so far).

Happy Scrapping!

nancyanddarby 08-01-2008 02:15 AM

HELP! Can't upload

Hi! I tried to upload 8 times. Last one made it less than 500 pixels, jpeg & PH7changed it auto to 5.208" square & 67.9kb. My page still won't upload does anyone know why? Missed Boo's July CC; which was upsetting. If I can't figure it out; won't be able to enter any challeges or use the gallery.~:(~

bandito 09-18-2008 07:23 PM

Ok I now have the same problem... and I can't undo it and have 4 pics in the que... there is not link that I can see to notify the Admin to help undo it. Is there someone who can? Thanks

Lori11941 09-18-2008 07:32 PM

It's fixed. You might want to check out the tutorial on sizing layouts to upload in this week's newsletter.

bandito 09-18-2008 07:43 PM

somehow it is now fixed and I've uploaded to the gallery... Thank you if someone helped.

Auntie Social 10-10-2008 05:44 PM

Ops! I did it too

I seem to have made the same mistake and am unable to upload to the gallery. I'm not sure who, or how to contact anyone to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much

Auntie Social 10-14-2008 04:42 PM

No Suggestions?

No one has any suggestions for me?

anneofalamo 10-14-2008 04:48 PM

I am so sorry you are havin' problems loading...
here is a maybe...but you will need another email account, and reregister
and try that if your photos are in que.
Just a thought? did you upload more than 5 in a day( I think there is a limit)
Sorry I don't have any great answers...but I do love your kit!

Auntie Social 10-14-2008 04:56 PM

Thank you

Thank you for your response Anne, I was beginning to feel a little invisible LOL. According to what I've read here, I attempted to load a file that was too large and now I need someone to clear it for me. I've sent a couple of msgs to some administrators so we'll see. Your comments on my kit are also greatly appreciated. Thank you

Lori11941 10-14-2008 11:24 PM

I've looked and can't find your file. Give it another try, please, and let me know what happens.

janalyn 10-15-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie Social (Post 27864)
Thank you for your response Anne, I was beginning to feel a little invisible LOL. According to what I've read here, I attempted to load a file that was too large and now I need someone to clear it for me. I've sent a couple of msgs to some administrators so we'll see. Your comments on my kit are also greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi,
After receiving your 'Contact Us' email yesterday the problem was fixed :)

Auntie Social 10-15-2008 07:00 PM

Thank you

thank you for fixing this for me I'll be much more careful in the future and I look forward to posting to the gallery
:)