theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Design Academy News (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Design Academy (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3011)

JulieO 08-30-2008 09:28 PM

Design Academy

Would you like to know what all is involved before you decide to 'jump in the pool'? At the Design Academy you will learn all that and more starting at the very basics of design knowledge and on to more advanced principles of graphic design. There is a fee for this course. The Academy Courses are given in a private forum located exclusively at Stone Accents Studio!
A basic Photoshop OR Paint Shop Pro knowledge is required for participation.
Classes will be billed upon start date of the course when class literature will be sent directly to you via e-mail.
To sign up for the first series of classes e-mail Sherah Kraan at skrapperdigitals@yahoo.com

Aquarius 08-31-2008 03:40 PM

Were can i find more info about this?

Karne 08-31-2008 04:31 PM

Do you know if this will be offered again? I'd sure like to do it, but don't quite have the money just yet...:(

kittenb 08-31-2008 08:11 PM

What an Awesome idea Julie! Love it! Maybe I will take it if I can work out the $.

SkrapperDigitals 08-31-2008 09:44 PM

More info on the Design Academy :-)

Hi Everyone! :-)

The Academy classes will be offered on a rotating schedule of every two weeks a new Session begins.
The topics that will be covered deal with nearly every aspect of becoming a Designer from the very start!

Here is more info in case you are interested :-)

$40.00

Have you thought of trying your hand at designing?
With information utilizing Both Photoshop (7+ ) and Paint Shop Pro (available soon!)
this course should help you achieve your dream!

Here are some of the topics that will be covered in the 8 weeks :

lessons detailing ways to verify the quality, detail accuracy
and legal copyright of all your available resources.
(including resources from your computer, 'found' and purchased tools)
Industry Standards
File types and Saving sizes
Copyrighted Items and Fonts and Piracy
Checking your tools
Quality Control
Creating a TOU ,antipiracy ad, visual TOU
Standard Product Packaging and Logo Creation
Color theory and color palettes
Making sure that your monitor correctly adjusted
Defining your style,
Finding Inspiration
suggested creative areas to explore
Essential items for a good kit
Preview Making
Product Packaging and Logo Creation
Kit naming and standard file naming
Product pricing
Writing a product description
Blogging 101
Promoting your Designs through all available means
(Creative Teams, and all other advertising areas)
Creating 'blinkies' and banners
Basic design principles for the following items:
creating a brush
creating a pattern
creating a texture
creating an overlay
making a paper using all of these techniques
creating some standard basic elements and the
basic techniques of creation that can be applied to create
hundreds of others
Critique and limited one on
one coaching is available
creating a kit from beginning to end
with critique using all lessons applied
FTP basics
applying to a store
Question and Answer period in each lesson and
One on one tutoring for additional design related questions is available as well.
Numerous links to online resources available to assist you as a designer

TO SIGN UP e-mail me (Sherah K) directly at skrapperdigitals@yahoo.com

Yahoo instant messaging service will be used for One-on-One coaching services and chatrooms for this course.

darlingina 09-01-2008 11:23 AM

This sounds awesome. I'm gonna give this some serious thought and maybe have to do some begging for the $. When will the firs session start, or did you say and I just missed it?

kimberkatt 09-01-2008 01:04 PM

Wow!! What a great opportunity!! I would totally LOVE to be a part of this, however, being so close to the holidays, I have to save every penny I have for gifts!! I have a very large family and very small income!! LOL!

Will you be offering this course again in the future?!! :)

Amberpony 09-01-2008 05:03 PM

This sounds like a lot of info for the $

I will have to look into wether or not my PS7 will work on my Vista OS. At least the software came out of hiding yestarday. he he he Is PS7 going to be good enough or will I need CS2 or 3 - I assume that PSE6 is not good enough for this course.

I am real sure about loading Yahoo mesenging onto my Vista OS either.
I have been trying to avoid all these extra programs.

This does sound like you are offering some good knowledge. I keep haunting your info on this. Hmm Getting closer to signing up.

Diana

SkrapperDigitals 09-01-2008 06:57 PM

Extending the sign up deadline...

Karne and Darlingina, I had listed the first session as starting on the First, but since the Birthday bash opening was the same day I think I will give it a few days (until the 7th) to let others to see and join in, with the first class starting on the 8th and, kimberkatt, the course will be set up on a rotating schedule with new sessions starting every 2 weeks. Yes, Amberpony, PS7 will be perfect :-) (in fact that is exactly what I design with :-)

Pacifika 09-01-2008 08:44 PM

What about GIMP? I can usually figure directions given for PS out and convert to GIMP but not always.
I am really considering this. That's a lot of very useful info and I'd really like to start designing. I just don't have the funds to get PS7. GIMP by the way is free.
Question 2 How do we pay? or did I just miss that.
Thanks

MoMo 09-01-2008 10:02 PM

this would be awesome,, maybe after the 1st of the new year I can do this

SkrapperDigitals 09-02-2008 12:45 AM

payment

The payment for this course will be handled through the store and should be available for purchase tomorrow (though, remember, courses don't start until the 8th) i have heard of Gimp but sadly, I am not all that familiar with using it, if you consider yourself to be an advanced user I am fairly certain that you should be able to modify the tutorials to suit your needs, although, without extensive knowledge of that program, i cannot say for sure. A great deal of the course material deals with non-program specific information so that would not be a 'translation' issue at all. I hope you join in! :-) One of the features that makes this course unique is that if you have a particular question that is not covered in the material I will do my best to search to find the answer for you (even if I don't know it myself) and give you the best possible information I can find (my Library clerk work history is showing, I know.. LOL :-)

Karne 09-02-2008 07:20 AM

Oh that helps a LOT!!! ok... i'm off to look for money :) thanks for doing that!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals (Post 21685)
Karne and Darlingina, I had listed the first session as starting on the First, but since the Birthday bash opening was the same day I think I will give it a few days (until the 7th) to let others to see and join in, with the first class starting on the 8th and, kimberkatt, the course will be set up on a rotating schedule with new sessions starting every 2 weeks. Yes, Amberpony, PS7 will be perfect :-) (in fact that is exactly what I design with :-)

O2BNGdHope 09-02-2008 09:53 AM

I don't know the difference between PS7 and CS2. I have Photoshop Elements 5. Is this good enough to take the course? If it is, I will snap this offer up in a heart beat! This is exactly what I've been looking for. You find tutorials but nothing this comprehensive in matters of digital designing and becoming a designer. Great course, even if PSE5 isn't good enough.

SkrapperDigitals 09-02-2008 10:16 AM

I believe there are a few features of Elements that would not be compatible with the course material, though I am fairly certain that there should be a workaround for those. If you would like to try, I'll do my best to help you :-)

Pacifika 09-02-2008 11:03 AM

You are so good at answering questions. I have some money set aside for just this sort of stuff. Thanks so much for doing a class.
I'm really excited!:D:D:D (I wish we had a smiley that hops up and down.):D

katlen124 09-02-2008 11:29 AM

when I have the money, I don't have the time. Now is the no money cycle ...

Cindyrelly 09-02-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals (Post 21786)
The payment for this course will be handled through the store and should be available for purchase tomorrow (though, remember, courses don't start until the 8th) i have heard of Gimp but sadly, I am not all that familiar with using it, if you consider yourself to be an advanced user I am fairly certain that you should be able to modify the tutorials to suit your needs, although, without extensive knowledge of that program, i cannot say for sure. A great deal of the course material deals with non-program specific information so that would not be a 'translation' issue at all. I hope you join in! :-) One of the features that makes this course unique is that if you have a particular question that is not covered in the material I will do my best to search to find the answer for you (even if I don't know it myself) and give you the best possible information I can find (my Library clerk work history is showing, I know.. LOL :-)

Should we just look for this in your store and go through the normal check-out process? I am going to take the plunge!

I am not gonna let 3 lousy storms ( Hanna, Ike and Josephine ) get me worked-up... did I mention I live about 45 Min. from Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral Florida? Come whatever the weather I will find a way to get my homework done!

This is sooooo exciting!

TTFN....

Amberpony 09-02-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals (Post 21872)
I believe there are a few features of Elements that would not be compatible with the course material, though I am fairly certain that there should be a workaround for those. If you would like to try, I'll do my best to help you :-)

What OS are you running PS7 with?

Joba2 09-02-2008 03:34 PM

Are you ever going to repeat this class? I sure hope so
I have no designs to become a professsional designer but this class looks like it has so much information that would be valuable for any digiscrapper to know. Making one's own kits & or elements would be terrific
Right now it is too much for me to take on but it sure looks like the most valuable class i have ever seen offered.