theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Monthly Challenges (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Challenge... Name Announced February 11th (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4387)

allwright1 02-01-2009 04:47 AM

Challenge... Name Announced February 11th

:DHi-dee-ho one and all! I’m so excited! My first challenge… whoot whoot!!!:D

Your mission should you choose to accept… is to get chatty and spread lots of love! Hey it’s the month of love too! How much sweeter can it get… a lil bit sweeter… you complete my challenge this month and you get a coupon to the Studio for $2.00. There are tons of great kits for $2.00 or less… or you can use it for $2.00 off your order… no matter how you use it it’s a sweet little prize! Lasts longer than chocolate... no calories either... and all that love you’ll be spreading along the way just might make someone’s day.

Before I get too carried away… I can talk (or type) your ear off!:o Here’s how you do it… I need you to put the number of posts you have at this point up in this thread. If you don’t know what your number is upload a post in this thread saying something like… I’m starting with… then after it’s uploaded it will say what number you’re sitting at… hit edit and add the number to it… easy peasy right?! After you have that done… on your mark… get set… GO! Go to the gallery and start posting! Start spreading the love in any of the galleries… the more the better! When you hit 200 posts in this month make a new post in this thread saying your new number and that you did it… and I’ll get your bonus out to you. BUT… you might want to check in on this thread every once in a while. I want to make this fun… I’m not into all work and no play… I’d much rather play… work YUCK! I may just have an extra mini challenge, scavenger hunt or something else to make it interesting and fun. To make it even more fun… you have to read all the posts to find what it is… I may be sneaky and have someone else post it… and it might just be the first person who does it gets the prize… or perhaps it may have a time limit on it. Everyone can participate in the extra challenge... not just the poster's.

If you read my Help name this challenge! (if not please read it) You saw that I was going to give you a few of my secrets to posting like a crazy person… shhhhhh you can’t tell anyone! To find out my secrets if don’t know how to do it check out kimberkatt’s I Have A Secret! In the game forum. With no further ado… here I go…
*1)My biggest secret is have 2 or 3 browser windows open at once while you are posting comments on lo’s. I have each of the widows open to different galleries. I post my reply to one while the other is uploading the page. I learned to do this way back when I had the world’s slowest dial-up! Now that I have a fast connection it still works.
2)Give yourself a goal… your goal could be as little as 7 posts a day (you will have to do 8 posts a day for 4 days this month… 7 a day will do it for every other month) and you will have 200 by the end of the month. If you’re not able to post everyday you could post 100 posts a day in a weekend and get 200 fast. If you are somewhere in between those extremes and you only have weekends to post your goal could be 34 posts a day for 3 weekends (or 6 days). No matter which way you choose to do it set a goal and try to accomplish it. You may just surprise yourself how easy it is to do!
3)Enjoy yourself! Really look at the lo’s! If you enjoy what you’re doing you will be able to reach any goal you set for yourself. If you’re tired and the kids are swinging from the chandelier you won’t enjoy posting… but don’t give up! Just post a few more the next time you are able to post or spread the posts you missed over a few days.
4)Post when you’re able. If you don’t make 200 posts this month maybe next month you will. My goal in the Post the Most contest was to have 3000 posts by the end of September… I’m still not there! Just keep on trying even if you never get 200 posts in a month every post you did get done lets someone know you care and validates their hard work.*

Now get out there and have some fun!

allwright1 02-01-2009 04:57 AM

I'm starting this month with 2616

Amberpony 02-03-2009 08:40 PM

I Believe I am starting with 1,814 but it could be more I guess the # on the left is the real #. I Guess I should have posted here yestarday LOL

Here We go on my way to Break 2000 and then some Ha Ha Ha. Its about time I cross that road. LOL

Amberpony 02-03-2009 08:42 PM

He he he the # of post keep changing so just looking up doesn't record it unless you post again with the #

Mine Really was 1,814

Amberpony 02-06-2009 05:02 PM

Hey Where is every body?
Come Gals you know you want to have a go at this!
Come Join In and I know many of you are posting here at SAS

allwright1 02-06-2009 05:26 PM

Thanx Amberpony! I've been wondering if they can't find this thread. I added a link to this in the Name this... thread. I'm also being nice and for this month only I will give everyone 10 free posts. Post 190 this month and get the bonus. Next month it will be back to 200 posts.

Amberpony 02-10-2009 04:49 AM

I see that 41 times this thread has been viewed but no one but me & Karin has posted. Are we Shy?

allwright1 02-11-2009 06:46 PM

Even if you are the only one who takes part in the challenge this month we'll keep plugging along! We still don't have a name yet... need more votes... I'm extending the vote 'til the end of the month.

Amberpony you are doing such a great job!!! Just shy of 100 so far whoot whoot!! You go girl!!!

Amberpony 02-12-2009 02:22 AM

I tend to post alot here. Might as well put it in the Challenge LOL
Maybe the Challenge has a name and is up on the Challenge Thread it will draw more attention.
I never look down here. :p

allwright1 02-12-2009 02:36 AM

I know I never look down here either! I've been trying to get it moved up... but haven't heard when or if it will happen. What do you think of my new sigy? I hope it's BIG enough!:p

Mitsybelle 02-12-2009 03:01 PM

I just voted :)

Amberpony 02-13-2009 06:09 AM

Your Great Big Font in your Sigi seems to be Working!!!!!
Lots of Votes now.
Have you got 1 vote for each name? :p
oH WAIT I do believe you had at least 2 votes for one name.
So many choices LOL

allwright1 02-15-2009 06:30 AM

You like my new sigi? I figured that I've posted just about everywhere here at SAS that my new sigi would be everywhere!!! But it's not working right in the gallery... it's really tiny... tinyer than regular posts... hmmmmm?! Free advertising... you can't beat it! I also posted a PLEASE HELP! in the CT and Designer forum too. We have 2 names with 2 votes each. I tought up a name for the chall too... wanna hear it... shhhhh don't tell... SAS-y Cheerleaders. I thought it was pretty good... but I can't enter my own contest... daRn! The rn looked like an m...so wanted to make sure ya knew what I said!:p

Amberpony 02-16-2009 03:41 AM

Hey Look We have a Whole Thread to ourselves. LOL
Maybe we should start telling Digi Jokes so they can't help but join in LOL
Yes I noticed you plastered your Sigi in every thread available. I must admit you left Very Nice Notes!
I did notice that the Designers Hit Your Name This Challenge Link.

Maybe everyone has the computer flu or something.

allwright1 02-16-2009 02:05 PM

I think my puter has the flu! I tried something stupid last week... tried to tweak something that worked just fine... so now it hates me!!! I've tried to fix it... I've tried to restore it to an earlier point and it still hates me! My puter is running soooo slooooow! I have a love/hate relationship with my laptop... just when I think I love it... it decides it hates me! I worked for 15 hours straight trying to get my BIG puter organized on Saturday...I've been putting stuff from my laptop on it and not putting it where it goes... bad me! My scrapbook file (only zipped files) ended up at 111gb!!! My laptop only holds 75gb all together! I'm trying to get everything organized so I can move whole files to my ehd... what a pain! I'm ready for a break from puters right now I think! I've got lots of lo's to to for challenges and ct stuff and I have no motivation at all right now! I wish I knew some good jokes. I could use a laugh right now! If you know any add them... I don't mind at all!

allwright1 02-28-2009 10:49 PM

Diana... since I'm a nice person and you stuck in with me this month... I'm gonna be nice and give you a special treat this month... I won't say what it is... just that you'll be happy! Maybe it will make everybody jealous so they will partipate next month! I didn't do the extra challenge this month since we still had the name thing going on... I hope to have one this coming month. I hope we can have lots of fun in the months to come!

Thanx for all the nice compliments on my lo's lately! You're such a sweetheart! :)

allwright1 02-28-2009 11:24 PM

We'll be Spreading Some SAS! Kimberkatt got the name! Whoot Whoot!!!

Amberpony 03-01-2009 04:42 AM

Well Thanks for the special goodie what ever it is.

LOL on the computer mess. I have one also living between 2 places I drag my EHD with me and back my laptop up to it. Then when I get to the ranch I back up to the EHD there. I kinda was flying in & out so much I got mixed up on with EHD I backed up to and now I have to go through each EHD and figure out what needs to be BU to the other EHD. what a mess LOL
I just finished deleting 50GB of stuff I will never use, multiple BU & Zip Files I had extracted LOL I hardly went through my stash.
At least it is not like Paper Scrapping cause that would of filled the house LOL

Mitsybelle 03-01-2009 04:57 AM

Love the new name and congratulations on the Challenge, it should be great :D

allwright1 03-01-2009 01:34 PM

Whoops... hopefully I will hear about your special prize soon! I'll get it out to you ASAP... but I have to wait until I get it... sorry! Hang in there and you'll get it... you're good at hanging in there so I know you will... it's worth the wait!

Mitsybelle... I'm glad you found us too! Thanx for all your support!

Since I had puter problems last month I am running a little behind with the challenge for March... and I'm waiting to hear if we can get a subforum for it in here... so... I'll save your total this morning here and then if we get a new thread I'll add it to it... along with the prize for the month. I hope it will be up soon!

Amberpony 1972 *(I think that was a pretty good year... I was in 3rd grade then)*

allwright1 2762