theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   *NEW* Designer Program (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   FAQ (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5274)

Toiny 06-19-2009 11:21 AM

FAQ

This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:
  1. One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
  2. Access to our Designer Forum.
  3. A sales report!
  4. Some kindly constructive critism.
  5. A paycheck.
What to do first:
  1. Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
  2. Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:
  1. I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
  2. You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
  3. I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
  4. You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
  5. Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
  6. At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner

littlespooky 06-19-2009 06:00 PM

what a great idea Toiny! good luck to all you budding designers out there!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piggyscraps (Post 42793)
This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:
  1. One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
  2. Access to our Designer Forum.
  3. A sales report!
  4. Some kindly constructive critism.
  5. A paycheck.
What to do first:
  1. Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
  2. Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:
  1. I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
  2. You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
  3. I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
  4. You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
  5. Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
  6. At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner

Ambowife Designs 06-19-2009 07:47 PM

Fabulous opportunity for those who are sitting on the fence about selling their designs, super program Toiny!! Good luck to all of you who take up this great offer!!

Amberpony 06-19-2009 11:31 PM

What a Great Idea wish I had something ready. :rolleyes: :D

kimberkatt 06-20-2009 06:50 AM

Fantastic opportunity! Wish I knew how to design! LOL!

Good luck to those that choose to take advantage! :D

zzaa_za 06-23-2009 10:25 AM

Wow!
Maybe I should do some designing, hehe. :D

Toiny 06-23-2009 10:39 AM

You are more than welcome May! Just need one complete something for me to add in the store... If it does well, you might want to make more:D

zzaa_za 06-23-2009 01:22 PM

I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.:D

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you

Toiny 06-23-2009 01:38 PM

How fun! YAY May!

Save in png-24, it allows for a greater color range in the saved file, and better resolution when printed.

Likewise, when you save your 300 dpi jpeg files save at least at "10" High to retain the proper printing resolution.

Kit size & price vary.

Standard elements are 20-40 elements
Standard paper is 12-20

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:D

What is most important is the quality, the design and the uniqueness. If you take only the free CU products out there and recolor & call it a day... no one is going to jump up & down with excitement.

GOOD LUCK!

Toiny

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzaa_za (Post 42957)
I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.:D

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you

88 Designs by M 06-23-2009 03:36 PM

I have had to lear now to use some of the stuff I have to make my own CU items. I have a few ribbons that I am starting to use. I started there since ribbons are the easier of the items to extract. I am working on some flowers and stuff like that so that I can have a bigger variety to use. I also do a lot of doodling and drawing. I have used some of the items I have drawn to make some things in my kits. I was very proud of myself for the part of the Mega kit for July that I made. I used very little CU stuff other than overlays. I am still learning how to do those!! I even extracted flowers from some pictures myself!! I am excited about that!! But, we all have to start somewhere. It takes practice and the want to learn how to do something. Good luck to all who take part in this opportunity!!

kimberkatt 06-23-2009 05:09 PM

I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing... :D

littlespooky 06-23-2009 05:57 PM

go for it KimberKatt! maybe for the fun of it i will put some in...if i'm not too busy blinkercising..lol

Toiny 06-23-2009 06:19 PM

You know Kim, even if you come up with just one kit a month.... as long as it's a good, quality kit, people will come.

Over & over I hear that people would rather wait & buy a quality, unique product than from a Designer who produces new, same-old-same-old, every week.

So design! Do it on your time, enjoy each little bit you create and when you have a whole kit... you know where to find me.

T

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 42970)
I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing... :D

zzaa_za 06-23-2009 10:35 PM

Hey!!!!
I just want you to have a look of some stuffs, I create, mostly papers because it's the easiest for me, hehe. I'll make more then will have to choose them before putting it together in the kit. I'll take my time, creating the kit.

I'll try to create most of the elements myself, but may have to use some CU as well.

Here's the example of papers I made.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...ForExample.jpg

Does it looks okay???

Come'on Kimberkatt, let's give a try. Toiny gave as a chance, so let's grab it. :D

Mitsybelle 06-23-2009 11:52 PM

I love your papers May :)

zzaa_za 06-24-2009 12:05 AM

Thank you Jeanette! :)

OH! I haven't start to scrap anything today, just busy working on the kit.
I've just finished extract one flower.

Amberpony 06-24-2009 01:37 AM

Nice Job on the Papers May!

kimberkatt 06-24-2009 07:39 AM

you know what... I may just have to take Toiny up on this offer! Of course, if I design the way I scrap, it could take me a loooonnnnnggggg time!!! LOL!!

May, love the papers! Great job!! :D

Amberpony 06-24-2009 03:29 PM

I am Itchin to Give this a Try. :rolleyes:
I am just so bad at picking a Color Palette. Then there is sticking To it. LOL
Is this a Create your own stuff kind of thing or Alter CU items to make them Special?

littlespooky 06-24-2009 03:49 PM

May your papers are gorgeous! love them! oooh!
Dianna there are sites around that have color pallette that others make
here are a few
http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/top
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorhunter.com/
happy scrappy!