theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Will be absent for a while (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7010)

Jiskefet 04-03-2010 04:24 PM

Will be absent for a while

As you will have noticed, I haven't been around much, lately. My dad's condition deteriorated very rapidly over the past months, and he passed away this afternoon. We have been able to say bgoodbye to him, and he to us, and we were there when he passed away. For him it was a blessing, but we will miss him very much...

PamR 04-03-2010 07:39 PM

Re: Will be absent for a while

I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Berny 04-03-2010 08:38 PM

Sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and sympathy are for you.

mousee23 04-04-2010 02:24 AM

Blessed Be

Toiny 04-04-2010 02:35 AM

Oh Anja, I am so sorry. You are all in my prayers todays. I am thankful he is at peace, and so sorry for your loss.

Lots of smooches,

Toiny

Mitsybelle 04-04-2010 02:06 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family at this time.

littlespooky 04-04-2010 07:30 PM

I am sorry for your loss Anja! I am glad that you got to say goodbye and were with him when he passed....i know it is so hard to say goodbye...bless you sweetie!!!

Jean Ann 04-05-2010 03:58 AM

Oh Anja, I am so sorry for your loss, I know how difficult a time this is. My prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Joba2 04-05-2010 08:36 AM

Condolences to you & your family.....

kimberkatt 04-06-2010 08:29 AM

Big ((HUGS)) Anja, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours as you get through this difficult time. Always know we are here for you if you need a shoulder!

debbyann73 04-06-2010 08:34 AM

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.Your family will be in my prayers.

Jiskefet 04-06-2010 04:52 PM

Thank you all so much!!
It is a busy time, my husband and I have to make all the arrangements for the funeral, choose the music, etc.. And Easter monday being a national holiday, we have one day less to get everything in order. The big blow will come when the funeral is over, I expect....

But it really was time for him to go, he had nothing more to live for, his body was shutting down, and even mentally, he was slipping away. But he kept his sense of humor till the very end. One of the nurses told me that they played a game a few weeks ago. Everyone had to mention something that could be found on the beach. So one person said: seashells, another seaweed, another sand..... guess what my father said?

Sophia Loren on a bathing towel......

That's my dad as I have known him all my life. His sense of humor never left him.

meterr 04-06-2010 06:08 PM

I'm so sorry! Saying prayer for your family.

Ambowife Designs 04-07-2010 08:10 AM

Oh Anja I am so sorry for your loss and know it well having gone through a similar heartache with my own father, my love prayers and thoughts are with you sweetie. Hugs (((HUGS))) take all the time you need hun

Pauli 04-07-2010 08:49 AM

Mijn condoleances. Veel sterkte in deze moeilijke tijd. Geloof me als ik zeg, dat de goede herrinneringen veel waard zijn! ik stuur je een "virtual hug" en een gebedje.