theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Prayer Request (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8597)

Nani 01-06-2011 09:28 AM

Prayer Request

Some of you may remember me mentioning in chat about my cousin’s daughter, Kendal, who has cancer. She had leukemia at 4 years old, then went into remission after chemo, only to have a new leukemia at 16. We had hopeful news after a cell transfusion from her Dad, my cousin, John, seemed like it might bring her to another remission at Christmas.

The update my cousin put on the blog they set up to keep everyone updated was titled, “Broken Heart.” Over the past couple of days she has taken a turn for the worse and the doctors in Minneapolis, where they took her for more aggressive treatment, have concluded that the cancer was just moving too fast and there is nothing else they can do for her. John says she has very little time left. It brought me to tears reading that. I can tell by his writing tone that he is just numb and surely devastated.

Kendal turned 17 a week ago today.

Any thoughts or prayers for strength would really be appreciated right now.

Thanks.
-Nani

kimberkatt 01-06-2011 09:49 AM

Re: Prayer Request

Oh, Nani! I am so sorry! You, Kendal & family will be in my prayers! This just pulls at my heart, my cousin passed from Leukemia right before his 5th birthday back in the 80's and I think about that sweet little boy all the time! I hate to hear about this happening to other innocent young people, it breaks my heart! (((HUGS)))

Toiny 01-06-2011 12:49 PM

Oh Nani. This absolutely breaks my heart. I'm so incredibly sorry. I pray for her last days to be peaceful and surrounded by those she loves. And all my thoughts and prayers go to you, your cousin and all her family. I cannot, do not even want to, imagine the pain they are in.

Big, huge, warm, smooches,

Toiny

allergy_mom 01-06-2011 06:34 PM

I will be praying for all involved - our church just went through this tragedy in August.
There are no words to express my thoughts or feelings about this situation -
- God be with you all!

Ambowife Designs 01-07-2011 02:52 AM

Nani, this is just so heart breaking hun, I too hope her last days are spent with those she loves and that she has that comfort at least near the end. As you know I watched C take my father, I can't imagine what it's like losing your child to it!
Huge hugs, and you are all in my prayers sweetie! (((Tracy)))

Jean Ann 01-07-2011 04:40 AM

Oh Nani such heartbreaking news. So young. I too watched Cancer take my Dad so I know the pain. I don't even want to imagine it being one of my children or grandchildren. Prayers are with all of you.
Hugs
Jean Ann

Aveziur 01-07-2011 07:13 AM

Oh, all my energy and prayers are with you all from this little side of the world. It's the worst news in the world.

[email protected] 01-07-2011 10:22 AM

Nani our prayers are with you and your family. Blessings to all of you and may our hugs be felt...I am right here in MPLS :)

danzinst 01-07-2011 05:35 PM

Nani.I am so so sorry.Cancer took my mom.It was heartbreaking to know we were so helpless.You know,I still believe in miracles. I know God is in charge and he will never leave us.I am praying for your cousin and the whole family. I pray their faith stays strong, and that God will just wrap his arms around them and give them what they need right now.
Thank you for letting us know.Remember what Jesus said:
Where two or more are gathered together in my name,there I am also

digides 01-08-2011 07:15 PM

Nani, prayers and white light heading your way. Such a tough thing for your family to go through. I lost my favorite cousin to leukemia years ago when he was 32. I know how much prayers and hugs and tears can help.