theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recipe Card Challenge (through Jan. 2012) (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Your Ideas and Suggestions (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8706)

Maurine Stettler 02-02-2011 08:16 PM

Your Ideas and Suggestions

This thread is a place for you to post your ideas and suggestions for color palettes, monthly recipe card categories or themes, elements and/or papers you'd like to have included in starter kits, etc. I'd love to hear from you!

marnie 02-02-2011 08:36 PM

Re: Your Ideas and Suggestions

What about "side dishes?" This doesn't have to necessarily be just veggies, but any dish someone considers a side dish.
Or...
dips
casseroles
finger foods
crockpot
pies
drinks/beverages

Now I will hush and get off my computer!

jimmyrose 02-03-2011 11:15 AM

How about -

recipes with cheese
soups
breads (quick breads or not)
cakes
chicken
seafood
dinner party food

everything you have done for this challenge has been so much fun.

djean 02-03-2011 12:50 PM

How about foreign foods? I am sure not everyone participating in the recipe challenge lives in the States.

marnie 02-03-2011 04:29 PM

I'd love to see a starter kit from your "Berry Bliss" kit. I love the colors, the flowers, and the cute little bird!

Becster 02-03-2011 07:21 PM

What about -

low-fat/low-calorie dishes
vegan dishes
gluten-free dishes
microwave recipes
no-cook recipes
potluck pleasers

Doris C 02-03-2011 08:06 PM

Here's my suggestions:
One Dish Wonders
Salads
Coffee or Tea?
Semi Homemade
What's For Breakfast?

logicgrandma 02-04-2011 05:01 PM

How about a favorite holiday dish - unusual from childhood
favorite childhood foods - yours or your (grand)children
ancestral recipes
family reunion favorites
large quantity recipes
foods from cans, boxes, advertisements

camperchow 02-04-2011 10:04 PM

How about hors d'oeuvres?

vampeyes 02-05-2011 06:08 AM

How about one for Homemade Dog treats? I made biscuits one year and cut them into bone shapes, my husband without my knowledge had eaten one. He says, "babe those cookies are pretty boring." lol Too funny when I told them they were for the dog!

Maurine Stettler 02-05-2011 09:32 AM

Oh, my heck -- this made me laugh out loud! That is too funny!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampeyes (Post 90801)
How about one for Homemade Dog treats? I made biscuits one year and cut them into bone shapes, my husband without my knowledge had eaten one. He says, "babe those cookies are pretty boring." lol Too funny when I told them they were for the dog!

Maurine Stettler 02-05-2011 09:34 AM

Fantastic ideas, everyone. Keep them coming! Looks like we could keep this challenge going for a long time to come... : )

Don't be shy about posting your color palette ideas, either. I will likely do some more starter kits that are based on some of my full-size kits, but would love to see other ideas from you...

jimmyrose 02-05-2011 10:05 AM

I had an other idea, picnic foods. the kit could have baskets, check table cloth, ants you know that sort of thing.

PamR 02-06-2011 12:28 PM

What about those family recipes you made when your kids were younger, than somehow got pushed into the background? I just had my kids ask me about how I made a couple of dishes I had forgotten about. There ya go, forgotten dishes!

ADBDesign {anita_d} 02-16-2011 10:25 AM

i'd love to see preserving the bounty recipes - canning (water bath or pressure), freezing, drying - i.e., jams, jellys, pickles, chuntneys, relishes, sauces, etc. etc.

Doris C 02-18-2011 02:30 PM

I bought a book last week and thought the title was neat and that it would make a fun theme for the recipe challenge...........how about.....
Quick Fixes from Mixes.

Doris

jennyj 02-24-2011 01:21 PM

I'm really loving Breakfast foods lately...sounds like a good category...if you haven't done that one yet. :)

jennyj 05-16-2011 06:54 PM

As I was looking for my Mexican recipes, I notice I have more Chinese/Asian recipes....so there is another idea.

:)

kcarlsen 06-07-2011 01:02 AM

Oh yes, so many great ideas! I too like the idea of dishes from other countries; tie that with family recipes going back to the "old" country (where ever that may be).
Canning recipes would be great too! Like Pickles, Jams, Tomatoes, Salsas and others too!
Can't forget the Desserts. "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first!"

Maybe make a kit that has canning supplies; canning jars; jams, pickles etc. Might also be cute with some gingham style??
Whatever you come up with will be cute!

ladysaint 06-08-2011 03:52 PM

Yes, I like the asian/chinese category as well. But maybe a "chili" month. Everyone has their own style of chili that they make. Well, maybe once this heat goes away, it would be a good idea!!