theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Valentine's Day Splurges & Plans (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8738)

mandak 02-12-2011 01:19 PM

Valentine's Day Splurges & Plans

So, tell me friends, what are you plans for Valentine's Day? Since it falls on a Monday this year, my husband and I are celebrating a little early...you'll get a little more in today's newsletter :D I'll be back later to share how my son is spreading his love for friends and family this holiday!

allergy_mom 02-12-2011 04:16 PM

Re: Valentine's Day Splurges & Plans

Hey, I just finished a hybrid gift bag/box thing for my DH with one of Min's kits - I'm so excited, my first time making my own idea for hybrid, a cute thing to put a little gift in, with a pic of us on it! Yay!!

mandak 02-12-2011 04:36 PM

That sounds great Kelly, please share a picture with us when you have time!

mandak 02-12-2011 04:40 PM

My son was looking over my shoulder as I was reading February's Scrapbooks Etc magazine and saw their robot valentines. So we made a bunch. They used mini hershey's bars wrapped in some quick digi paper I whipped up. I scored and folded the arms and legs and used some punches I had around for the head and eyes. I bought a pack of "sticko" brand stickers for the hearts. My son (age 5) was able to help prep everything except the cutting of the arms/legs and bodies (he used the punches for the head and eyes) and he glued everything down (excpet the bodies, which I wrapped and stuck down with tape so he didn't get glue on the candy). They turned out great!

I cut cardstock in half and folded it to make the cards, and he wrote "Happy Valentines Day NAME Love Adam" in all (we did 15) of them!

http://i52.tinypic.com/x459v5.jpg

marilynnay 02-13-2011 10:51 AM

Mandak,
Going out to a special valentine dinner, and all dress-up, too. Oh, camera coming, too.
This will be the third party at our dinner. Pictures to share later.
Hugs & injoy the TOGETHERNESS,
Marilyn Nay

Min 02-14-2011 11:18 AM

Oh, Manda, these robots are so cute!!!

Can't wait to see a pic of your box, Kelly - which kit did you use?

As for Valentine's day, it's not a big holiday over here - although the florists, candy and card sellers are trying their best to promote it, LOL! I had some special made chocolates with strawberries and hearts for my husband and daughter and we will go out for dinner tonight... I get to decide where ... and I have no idea yet (or rather: too many ideas, LOL).

mandak 02-14-2011 01:08 PM

Marilyn, that sounds awesome! I keep telling my hubbo I want to go out to a nice dinner with him where we get all dressed up! Being a SAHM most days, I don't even have a need to get out of my jammies!

Min - Enjoy your dinner out!

kimberkatt 02-14-2011 01:43 PM

LOL - I hear ya on the jammies bit, Manda! ;)

and, OMG, those cards are cute, cute, cute! My son & I made up little V-day gift bags with plain brown paper bags, pink & white hearts cut out of construction paper, some glue, glitter & sequins, then we filled them up with store bought cards, candy hearts & some party-favor type toys (bugs for the boys & plastic rings for the girls) and they actually came out pretty cute! Too bad I didn't take a picture of them before he brought them to school...what the heck kind of scrapbooker am I?! :l

We're not doing anything until this weekend... today is actually our 5th Anniversary (although I've been with the beast for 16 years now! ;) ) so my parents are taking the kids for the weekend and we're going SOMEWHERE to eat & party it up! lol I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!!!! :l

mandak 02-14-2011 02:27 PM

Happy Anniversary Kim! A weekend without kids sounds amazing!

Min 02-14-2011 03:47 PM

Happy Anniversary and enjoy your weekend with your sweetheart, Kim!! :D

kimberkatt 02-14-2011 04:13 PM

Thanks guys! :DD

Although, "sweetheart" really doesn't fit, Min! :l "Pain In The Rear" "Big Baby" "My Third Child" are what comes to mind! :rolleyes: But, I *heart* him anyway!! :DD just call me "Sucker" ;) :D

Min 02-14-2011 04:18 PM

ROFL, I hear you, Kim... same here.. have had mine for almost 22 years... and although he "deserves" all these names as well... wouldn't want to live without him :rolleyes::DD

mandak 02-15-2011 10:23 AM

LOL Ladies!

So my husband and I pre-celebrated since he has to work long hours right now. Anyways, last night he brought me home flowers (so sweet)! I asked him why (Not that I was complaining, just really surprised since we had already bought an expensive arrangement of fruit) His response? "You're pregnant." He wasn't willing to risk me getting all hormonal on him if he didn't bring home flowers so he risked me getting all hormonal on him because he did. :D

kimberkatt 02-15-2011 11:09 AM

hahahaha.... they just can't win, can they?! :l My hubby didn't bring me anything... just like I requested! I told him he better save his money to party it up on Saturday, those few extra bucks will at least get me another drink! :DD