theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spring Fling Design Contest (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Week 2: Elements! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9014)

Toiny 04-08-2011 02:17 AM

Week 2: Elements!

A Big, Huge Wooooooooohoooooooooo on a job well-done. Those paper packs look fantabulous in the gallery. An extra pat on the back for so many of theStudio Design Team playing along. I'm enjoy the heck out of this so far.

In case no one saw this coming, I'm so sneaky hiding behind my bunny ears, this week is all about the elements! Business stuff first... if you are new this week. You may still play! You are still eligible for this weeks prizes. You are, unfortunately, not eligible for the Grand Prize.

Note: You must use the same palette as last week. The theme is still "Wedding".

Most Important Note: To qualify for the Grand Prize of a Wacom Bamboo you must participate in all 4 weeks.

Are you ready?

Week 2: Elements!

Your assignment for Week 2:
  • Use last weeks palette (or pick one if this is your first week joining us)
  • You do not have to share the palette on your preview. But you may.
  • Use the theme: Wedding
  • 30 elements. No more, no less. No duplicates (ie recolored).
  • Due date: Thursday April 14 at midnight (EST)
  • Preview only the elements.
  • You must post your preview in the Week 2: Spring Fling Design Contest
    Preview size is standard 600X600 @72dpi
  • You must provide download links (4shared, boxnet, rapidshare, etc.).
  • You may blog, blog, blog!
  • Voting is done exclusively by the Admin & Design Team at theStudio
That's it! This is for fun, we are not QC'ing you. Still, do remember to include a TOU with your zip files. Do remember to credit the CU artists who helped you design your products.

Remember the palette (your choice) and theme: Wedding (my choice) are for the duration of this contest.

Have F-U-N! :XX

Smooches,

Toiny

Ambowife Designs 04-08-2011 04:21 AM

Re: Week 2: Elements!

Can't wait to see the element packs, some gorgeous papers so I am sure the elements are going to be fabulous too :) good luck everyone!

wornoutmumoftwo 04-08-2011 05:26 AM

30 elements will take me a long time (like a year at the speed I go) - but I'll have a go :)

Toiny 04-08-2011 05:41 AM

It is a lot. I did debate, but I know, as a scrapper, I love lots of elements to play with! I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Smooches,

Toiny

DigiliciousDesigns 04-08-2011 06:21 AM

YAY!!! Can't wait to see all the amazing packs that everyone has - the colors are so varied, original and beautiful, I'm sure this round will produce many stunning elements :DD And I can't wait to get stuck into mine :((

mrscwooddell 04-08-2011 06:22 AM

this is probably a dumb question Toiny, but if I make a frame and use it as one element, then can I make a cluster element that includes that frame and a bunch of other goodies as a second element?
Hugs,
Claudette

girlboheme 04-08-2011 07:08 AM

Here is my element pack:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...p-prev600.html

Thank you!

wornoutmumoftwo 04-08-2011 07:14 AM

I need to go and visit a Scottish Castle, I know what I want to do...but need some pictures to play with. (Stirling Castle's just down the road, so fingers crossed...)

sahm scrapper 04-08-2011 08:44 AM

Beautiful elements, Aimee! And so quick ;)

Oh, how long do we keep our links active for on the papers?

Toiny 04-08-2011 08:59 AM

Questions & Answers...

You may use elements to create a cluster element.

You may keep your links to your papers up (recommend, not required) or take them down after judging is in later today/early Saturday morning.

Smooches,

Toiny

Cindyrelly 04-08-2011 09:27 AM

Yaaaay! I was hoping that was next and I'm glad I have a week to get it in (hopefully not at the last Min.) since I see some challenging extracting in my future!! That is my weak area so I am forcing myself to do it. Did I mention that I LOVE the theme and that you let us pick our own palettes?? Fun times ;)

apupplo 04-08-2011 09:31 AM

Wow! 30 elements huh.... that is so many, my brain and fingers better get together on this. I guess I should have guessed and started working on this last week... oh well.... I am off to play

bmascari 04-08-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wornoutmumoftwo (Post 95179)
30 elements will take me a long time (like a year at the speed I go) - but I'll have a go :)

I'm with you! I'd better get crackin on this one :eek:

Enchanted 04-08-2011 09:59 AM

30! elements are tough for me.. but i've got some ideas.. i knew that this was coming.. lol! will have to see what i can come up with ;) need to get most done over the weekend as i'll be in school next week. lol.

michellemarie 04-08-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wornoutmumoftwo (Post 95193)
I need to go and visit a Scottish Castle, I know what I want to do...but need some pictures to play with. (Stirling Castle's just down the road, so fingers crossed...)

How fun!!! I can't wait to see what you get:) I LOVE Scottish castles!! :)

wornoutmumoftwo 04-08-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellemarie (Post 95222)
How fun!!! I can't wait to see what you get:) I LOVE Scottish castles!! :)

Me too, going to empty the sd card and take pictures of EVERYTHING, and I think they come under the Scottish National Trust, which means I can do it for free as I'm a member :)

kimberkatt 04-08-2011 11:00 AM

THIRTY?!?!?! :eek:

ALL DIFFERENT?!?!?!?! :eek:

Well, Scrap - I guess I know what I'm doing this week!! It'll probably take me until Thursday just to get them all done! :rolleyes:

Darn it.... I KNEW I should have started on these when I was doing the papers! lol

jimmyrose 04-08-2011 11:19 AM

Wow! This is so much fun, at least for those of us that are just sitting back and watching the rest of you work so hard. (Hee, Hee, Hee) You guys are just fantastic. I can not wait to see all of the goodies. Thanks for all of the work and the fab gifts.

Monika 04-08-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 95237)
THIRTY?!?!?! :eek:

ALL DIFFERENT?!?!?!?! :eek:

Well, Scrap - I guess I know what I'm doing this week!! It'll probably take me until Thursday just to get them all done! :rolleyes:

Darn it.... I KNEW I should have started on these when I was doing the papers! lol

LOL Kimmy, I knew it was coming, when week 1 started with 12 papers :l
Do get something to eat along the way though...!

kimberkatt 04-08-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monika (Post 95244)
LOL Kimmy, I knew it was coming, when week 1 started with 12 papers :l
Do get something to eat along the way though...!

Hey, Monika... can I hire you to do my elements for me?!?!?! It's really not cheating if I pay you to do it! Really! :l

30 elements will be the biggest I've ever done - now you know why I stick with collabs or mini kits! LOL! ;) :DD

T - does an Alpha count as just one element, or 26 ?! :D