theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Spending budget?? (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9106)

Twin Mom Scraps 04-25-2011 05:33 PM

Spending budget??

i was just curious how you all shop for scrapping stuff?
do you only buy when you are looking for something specific? or grab something if you love it? do you only shop on sale? with coupons?
and finally, do you have a budget? per week? per month?

and designers...what about you? how do you shop? buy only from fave designers? or only when you need a specific item?

thanks for your input:)

cylynn 04-25-2011 06:49 PM

Re: Spending budget??

great question, i look forward to hearing other answers, for me I go for sales, and when I have free money (birthdays, holidays, extra money) I don't have a budget but I try to spend as little as possible and buy more what I think i will use more than just for cute.

danzinst 04-25-2011 08:11 PM

I don't have a budget either.I buy what appeals to me and if I think I will use it more than once.(like can it be used for girl or boy)I love bright (vivid)colors and I love glitter.I love a kit that has a lot of extras (addons)so I buy a lot of bundles.and I love love sales.

ADBDesign {anita_d} 04-26-2011 04:05 PM

I too love a good sale....no budget ... love collabs and "collections or bundles" as a way to stretch the $$ ... I do step out of my comfort zone occassionally but usually buy the same style (though from various designers) THe "Free with Purchase" and the "Deal of the Day" have inspired me to experience designers I dont "know" so well.

SnipsNSnails 04-26-2011 10:13 PM

Of course I love sales! My rule is if there is $$ in the paypal, I'm good to go, no money means no buying LOL I don't usually have that issue, but that's how I budget. My money from designing stays in my paypal and that's my money, there isn't room in the family budget for scrapkits and other things that I don't need, and I use it to buy some things I want for the boys etc. I can always transfer $$ to the checking to cover purchases I make by CC etc so it works well for me.

cylynn 04-27-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anita_d (Post 96461)
I too love a good sale....no budget ... love collabs and "collections or bundles" as a way to stretch the $$ ... I do step out of my comfort zone occassionally but usually buy the same style (though from various designers) THe "Free with Purchase" and the "Deal of the Day" have inspired me to experience designers I dont "know" so well.

I agree, challenges have inspired me to use new elements I used to ignore and also stretch how i scrap. Kits i used to think were great don't always have good elements for clusters, and such. Sales definitely encourage me to buy.

midnightscrapper 04-29-2011 09:32 PM

I may have to start the paypal thing, because my dh has put me on a spending freeze.

I must say sales are my friend. Before if I wanted it, I got it. I have paid $6 for a kit that had a circle metal thing I was looking for, but then it turned out the thing was a decoration and not in the kit. I hate that.

Now, for me, it is a combination of things. Sale, designer (this is why designers should put out their best work on their freebies) quality work, and S4H friendly.

Toiny 04-30-2011 06:50 AM

I buy only with what's in paypal. But I do buy what I want, when I need it. Sales get me to buy stuff I'd normally "think about" rather than waiting till I need it and I'm ready to use it.

Sales are 50/50 for me. Sometimes the stuff I buy has turned me on to someone I love and sometimes I feel my money could really have been better spent elsewhere. Of course, I have this with shoes too....

T

kimberkatt 04-30-2011 08:04 AM

Great questions Rebecca! I don't have a budget, per say, it's whatever is available in my paypal at the moment. I LOVE, love, love shopping for bargains! And that includes non-digi scrap stuff, too! ;) I am that person that scours multiple stores to "price" everything before I buy - when you don't have a lot to spend, you become very frugal! lol I also go for grab bags (if revealed enough to see what's in it), or things like the 10 for $10 deals - I've even been known to buy enough just to get that free with purchase! ;) LOVE sales (who doesn't ?) and I love to shop the bargain bins & retiring products, especially with designers I don't know so well, so if I do get burned on something, it will be a small $$ amount

BUT! with all that said, if I'm looking for something specific and find it, I'll buy it full price, no doubt! Then it goes into my "basics" folder and I'll probably use it over and over and over again for the rest of eternity! LOL! :DD