theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sorry for my absence (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9172)

Jiskefet 05-06-2011 03:52 PM

Sorry for my absence

I haven't had the energy to scrap for quite a while, my job is taking up all my energy, I have been feeling dead tired, listless and depressed for quite a while now.
It got so bad I reported sick and asked my GP for an overall blood test.

Well, the results are in. They are better than I expected, no anaemia, no pfeiffer, no diabetes, cholesterol is fine, too, liver function slightly worse than normal, but better than it was in the past (I have different medication, now, which isn't as much of a strain on my liver).

But the one thing they did find covers all my symptoms, which include:
bleeding gums, muscle spasms and cramps, aching muscies and joints, impaired sleep, fatigue, depression, palpitations, and impaired healing of injuries....

The cause?????

My Vitamin D levels are way too low, and probably have been for years, especially in winter. I have been suffering from winter depression and winter fatigue for many years, though not nearly as badly as this winter.
Not that summer sunshine solves it all, I have a very fair skin, so I cannot stay out in the sun for too long, anyway.
So I am going to have to take vitamin tablets with adequate amounts of D on a regular basis.

Ambowife Designs 05-07-2011 01:04 AM

Re: Sorry for my absence

Oh Anja I am glad they figured out what was causing the symptoms hun.
I think when I was doing IVF they said most people have some deficiency when it comes to Vitamin D I guess fear of skin cancer doesn't help. I take Vitamin D supplement everyday now. Hopefully when your levels improve your sympoms will lessen

Big Hugs and hope you are feeling more yourself soon Anja

Tracy

kimberkatt 05-07-2011 07:40 AM

Wow, I'm so happy they figured out what was wrong and it's a simple solution! Vitamin deficiencies can definitely reek havoc on our systems and make you feel generally icky - here's to hoping you get some relief very soon, Anja!! I take a multi-vitamin/mineral pill every day and an extra Iron+VitaminC for my slight Anemia - I can always tell when my iron levels are low because I feel exhausted when I get up in the morning, before I even do anything! It's really amazing how little things like vitamins can make you feel so bad! Hoping you feel better soon!! :)

Toiny 05-07-2011 05:23 PM

(((Anja))) I missed you! I noticed you were not here a lot. I look for you. It's such a surprise what a big deal Vitamin D is. I'm glad you found it and are increasing vitamins!

Big huge smooches,

T

momto7 05-07-2011 05:23 PM

I am so glad they found out what was making you sick. Even better that it has a simple solution. I know what you mean about winter depression. I lived in Utah in the States for 30+ years, and since I was a kid I would have 'winter depression' I moved to Brail and my 'winter' depression changed. It is not nearly as bad as it was. I am guessing it is the vit D. I am happy that you have the answers.