theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   theStudio Happenings (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   theStudio goes SOCIAL! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9219)

Angeltown 05-17-2011 10:05 PM

theStudio goes SOCIAL!

<3 That's right! theStudio's now more social! <3

We've made it easier for you to share your scrappy love. At the top of every post in the forum,
look for the Facebook, Twitter, & Share buttons to share posts to your favorite social sites.
Hover over the 'Share' button for more options like this:

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...o_social01.jpg

You can also share each layout directly from the gallery!
Just look for the social sharing buttons underneath each layout:

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...o_social02.jpg

Layout credits: My Doppleganger by Digilicious Designs & Snips N Snails Designs

Have fun sharing and let us know if you have any questions! 0:)

Ambowife Designs 05-18-2011 12:27 AM

Re: theStudio goes SOCIAL!

OMG that is super cool Angel, you are truly living up to your name hun ;)

Toiny 05-18-2011 12:35 AM

Yay! We're not antiscocial anymore! Wooooooooohoooooooo!

Big smooches to Angel,

Toiny

Angeltown 05-18-2011 01:00 AM

ROFL thanks ladies!!! Yep, no more being antisocial! :DD

danzinst 05-18-2011 09:29 AM

Wow how neat is this.Can't wait to try it.

kimberkatt 05-18-2011 09:53 AM

Wooohoooo!!! We have new toys to play with!! Yay!!! :(( 8D

Aveziur 05-18-2011 10:11 AM

Great Angel, my life posting are going to be easily!!! ♥

Renee 05-18-2011 04:06 PM

This is soooo cool!!!

digides 05-20-2011 11:18 AM

I have a question. Can anyone click one of those buttons from the gallery and share one of my layouts on say....My Space, for instance? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of my photos being so easily shared on the web without my knowledge. Can we opt out of this?
Thanks

Angeltown 05-20-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digides (Post 97885)
I have a question. Can anyone click one of those buttons from the gallery and share one of my layouts on say....My Space, for instance? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of my photos being so easily shared on the web without my knowledge. Can we opt out of this?
Thanks

That's already true regardless of us adding a button.

When you post a layout (or any photo) on the web you automatically make that possible. If someone wants to share your content all they have to do is copy the url and post it on to Facebook, MySpace, etc. That does the exact same thing as the share buttons; the button simply saves the step of copying & pasting the url. There's no way to opt out of sharing on a public site. It's simply part of posting online.

digides 05-20-2011 02:36 PM

Thanks for the answer.

Angeltown 05-20-2011 02:45 PM

Anytime! We're always happy to answer questions! :)

kimberkatt 05-20-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angeltown (Post 97891)
That's already true regardless of us adding a button.

When you post a layout (or any photo) on the web you automatically make that possible. If someone wants to share your content all they have to do is copy the url and post it on to Facebook, MySpace, etc. That does the exact same thing as the share buttons; the button simply saves the step of copying & pasting the url. There's no way to opt out of sharing on a public site. It's simply part of posting online.

That's true! Even when you post pics on your blog, anyone can right-click & choose "copy image location", then use that link to post it just about anywhere - that's why we have so many copyright conflicts now, people assume they can use anyone's images because they're there and it's that easy to get them :grrr:

Des, I've yet to see someone sharing someone elses images (sans piracy, that is!), unless it's the designer sharing her CT layouts, so if you're comfortable posting to the gallery, then I think it'll be okay. If someone chooses to "like" your layout for facebook, it doesn't upload the image, just the link to the layout ;) Now, I have no idea how that works for MySpace because I don't use it... but I'm assuming it's not going to actually post the image, just the link to the image for others to come and see - twitter does the same, just the link... so I think it's just as safe as uploading the image into the gallery because it is a public gallery and you don't have to be registered or signed in to see the images, although I completely understand your concerns... I argued with myself for the longest time before uploading pictures of my kids, there are some creepy people out there! Thank God they don't like to Digi Scrap!! LOL! :DD

mona101 09-15-2013 09:56 AM

Does it only share your image? I was going to post one of my layouts to my Facebook page for my daughter and friends to see and it was showing 5 thumbnails so I cancelled.

NancyP 09-15-2013 03:01 PM

I hate trying to get a layout up on Facebook! I always have problems. Never knew you could do it right from the DSS site. Facebook is how I share my layouts with my family.

jimmyrose 09-15-2013 03:01 PM

I have never posted to facebook. I have a page and get a feed from The Studio, My daughter, my very cool grandson, and my goddaughter. I look at it each day because Tanner sends things out and I get to see what he is doing. Don't see him as much now he is in the Air Force. But I am kind of concerned about posting there. He tells me I am way too afraid of things and just not so cool as he is.

GrannieEv 09-16-2013 09:51 AM

Before I joined any groups like this, I shared my layouts on Facebook. I've never had any problems getting them to post right from my computer. I'm on my 3rd album there and it's a great way to share with family and friends.

DanielleS83 09-16-2013 03:26 PM

J-O-Y!

lebjs 09-17-2013 05:42 AM

Very interesting thread - thanks :)

Els AW 09-19-2013 04:38 AM

This is cool, I am going to check this out as soon as I have uploaded a LO to the gallery ;-)