theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help wanted!! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Not really a question..... (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9317)

kimberkatt 06-04-2011 07:40 AM

Not really a question.....

... but I didn't know where else to post and I'm just so excited! :(( My Aunt traced our Family history (Grandmother's side) back to 1340 !!!! I am completely ecstatic about this and can't wait to get together with her and get all the details & photos she's dug up! Having lost about 10 years worth of photos of me & my brother/family when we were young, I treasure every little piece of our past! Apparently, taking photos runs in the family and so does Scrapbooking!! How cool is that to find out!! My Aunt actually contacted some of the family that is still alive and they have Scrapbooks (just like my Gramma's!) that they are going to copy and send to her, I can't wait to see them! And one of our distant relatives was one of the first "photographers" and passed it on to his son!! It's so funny to learn because ALL the women in my family take pictures... lots of pictures... are obsessed with pictures! Now we know why, it's in our blood!! lol

Just a little tidbit I wanted to share... :DD

Twin Mom Scraps 06-04-2011 10:22 AM

Re: Not really a question.....

wow! that is amazing and to go back that far is sooooo impressive! i also have a huge gap in our family history that i would love someday to fill. a huge task i know! i have a hard enough time keeping up with the pictures of our kids...HAHA!!! congrats though...what an amazing project it will be!!!

Angeltown 06-05-2011 04:12 PM

Oh how fantastic, Kim! What a treasure!

Min 06-06-2011 02:06 AM

Oh wow, Kim, that is so cool! :D

michellemarie 06-06-2011 09:54 AM

Don't you love that stuff?!! I get excited about that, too, when I find new connections with new pictures and info! How fun!!

ladyofthethorns 06-06-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellemarie (Post 98903)
Don't you love that stuff?!! I get excited about that, too, when I find new connections with new pictures and info! How fun!!

Me too, me too!

Such wonderful news, Kimberly; I'm excited for you! TFS

itsjanw 09-05-2011 04:17 PM

Congradulations on the hugh find! I love genealogy about as much as I do scrapbooking. All the photos in my heritage layouts are family members. I have spent many years searching and documenting my family lines. It fun to find out something new. And believe it or not alot can be gained for free!

Aveziur 09-06-2011 06:25 AM

Old photos are always amazing, especially if they are your own family. Congratulations on your treasure

anneofalamo 09-06-2011 09:21 AM

that is some shouting stuff! I love that your "dna" for taking pictures shows up! woo hoo...probably good justification for a new camera in my book...lol

msbrad 09-06-2011 10:29 AM

this is definitely a treasured time! Congratulations on the new find.
m

Joba2 09-30-2011 08:55 PM

Very exciting for you & how fun it will be to review all that new info about your family.!! Now you have have to make some heritage word arts!!