theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Capture the Moment (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   Week 5: Christmas (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9408)

Toiny 06-27-2011 01:35 AM

Week 5: Christmas

Hi all!

Welcome back. I'm so excited you are here again, and I'm very excited to see your LO's this week. Behind-the-scenes we are getting ready for our Annual Christmas in July sale (last week of July only) and here in our Capture the Moment LO contest it is now winter. My favorite part of winter is Christmas, so this week our LO theme will be Christmas.

Note: If you do not celebrate Christmas, please pick another winter holiday. No worries!

For this LO:
  • Photo's must be black & white only.
  • Use at least 1 photo with a frame. More photo's are fine.
  • At least 5 papers, 1 must be an embossed paper.
  • Create a title with papers and/or elements. No plain lettering.
  • This time the journaling is up to you. With or without is allowed.
  • LO's must be posted in our Week 5: Christmas gallery by 12 midnight (EST) this Thursday, June 30.
Your kit this week is not just a kit but the whole bundle. Our thanks to you for hanging in there and putting your souls into your LO's. A big thank you to Christine, Digilicious Designs, for her stunning Fa La La Bundle. Christine was also the creator of, the inspiration behind, the "Capture the Moment" focus.

Coupons will be coming to your PM boxes shortly.

Smooches,

Toiny

donakat 06-27-2011 04:11 AM

Re: Week 5: Christmas

Wow, another wonderful kit to work with. You all have been so generous to us, and the challenges have been inspiring and thought-provoking. Thank you so much!

MemoryKeeper 06-27-2011 05:55 AM

I love Christmas, and this kit has a perfect fun and fresh colors...can't wait! YIPPEE DOODLES!

Ayla1964 06-27-2011 07:04 AM

What a wonderful kit to work with, and thanks again for your generosity!

ladyofthethorns 06-27-2011 07:26 AM

Ditto to what Ayla, Jeanette and Dona said! Awesome kit and an awesome group of people here! Thank you!

cylynn 06-27-2011 07:54 AM

looking forward to this assignment, I"m a bit partial to Christine, being on her CT team. But I haven't use this kit yet.

One question for the title, do you mean you want clusters on the title or we should create our won alpha using the elements and papers?

Lori11941 06-27-2011 09:04 AM

Cylynn, as I interpret the instructions, your title can't contain any plain fonts. So you can type your title using the paper, or you can use elements to form letters, but you can't use a plain, solid colored font.

In the same vein, we can use regular font text for the journaling, right?

Lori11941 06-27-2011 09:06 AM

I LOVE the colors in this kit. I'm always more inspired by "non-traditional" takes on Christmas colors than the standard holly green and berry red. Especially since I've been experiencing Christmas in Florida for the past 23 years.

trickletime 06-27-2011 09:27 AM

templates? y/n? (i know i haven't actually used one yet, but if the option is there i like to consider it. i tend to just let the kit and photos take me where they want to, template or not. :) ) thanks.

Toiny 06-27-2011 10:12 AM

Hi guys,

You do not need to create an Alpha, simply clipping a paper(s) to the Title will do... but you certainly may create an Alpha (or least for the letters you use). I just don't want plain, typed letters.

Regular font text is still fine for the journaling, if you choose to journal.

No on the templates. It didn't specifically say, so if you are already all done it won't disqualify you. However, in the final week of a LO contest I want to see you. :XX

Smooches,

T

donakat 06-27-2011 11:52 PM

Question regarding the photos: Is it acceptable to have a little selective color within one of the photos or not?

Kathryn 06-28-2011 12:41 PM

Congratulations to all that are in this round. This is a beautiful kit to work with. I'm a little jealous (but kindly so.) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's beautiful LOs in the gallery.

jimmyrose 06-28-2011 01:11 PM

This is a wonderful kit, thanks. I am thinking...thinking..thinking.

Toiny 06-28-2011 01:11 PM

Dona, if you mean having it be a little sepia vs. straight b&w, sure. If you mean leaving portion in color (ie someone's pink hair) then no. That's a completely different technique.

Smooches,

Toiny

Quote:

Originally Posted by donakat (Post 100061)
Question regarding the photos: Is it acceptable to have a little selective color within one of the photos or not?

donakat 06-28-2011 02:33 PM

Posted my layout, can't believe I was first done!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...raditions2.jpg

cylynn 06-28-2011 08:06 PM

I had to delete mine my husband made me rethink it and i can't look at it now be back later with it.

Lori11941 06-28-2011 08:09 PM

Now that I've downloaded and unzipped the kit I have a quick question. Is it okay to use the included alpha for the title? I haven't gotten so far as to actually plan the title, so I'm just curious and am not married to it either way.

Thanks.

Lori11941 06-28-2011 09:58 PM

Okay, so the alpha question ended up not mattering. I apparently wasn't ready to lighten the mood, lol. Here's my LO for the last challenge.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...as_Miracle.jpg

This has been a fantastic challenge and every layout I created for it has been meaningful. I've reached deeper into myself than I ever have before. Thank you Toiny and everyone else for such an amazing experience.

cylynn 06-28-2011 10:12 PM

I"m back with a few minor changes and a page i'm happy with. This has been a great contest, I have enjoyed the challenges and the new friends. I had to start over on this page several times.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...sweek5web1.jpg

ladyofthethorns 06-28-2011 10:36 PM

I was happy to work on this holiday layout with such an adorable kit and I'm really pleased with my end result. Thank you so much Christine and Toiny, this has all been great!

I'm taking tomorrow 'off' from my digi responsibilities as it is my son's birthday (he would be 21 if he had lived) and my DH and DS and I always spend the day together remembering him and seek out a place to get frozen yogurt in his memory (he loved frozen yogurt, especially the fruity flavored one). I hope to be back to leave comments for everyone else soon.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...asonBright.jpg