theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Master Designer (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   The Challenge: Ruby Lane Designs (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9609)

Toiny 08-15-2011 03:31 AM

The Challenge: Ruby Lane Designs

Amber & Angel, are you ready? Let's start with your challenge.

School is back in session in many parts of the world. For moms this is a time to relax. To drink a cup of coffee in the morning before it gets cold, to shower without help or even take a relaxing bath with all the trimmings of a spa right at home.

In my ideal world this would include a mountain cabin {in the Sierra's, if I had a choice}. Rustic, peaceful, quiet and equipped with an uber-modern bathtub for hours of reading. This is the theme of your challenge: Mountain Retreat.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...at_palette.jpg

The Rules
  • You must use the palette.
  • You must use the theme.
  • There must be 8 papers.
  • There must be 24 unique elements.
  • You may not dig in your CU stash, however, there is $20 waiting in each of your paypal accounts. You may spend all, or none, on CU products to help in the creation of this kit.
  • Please credit the CU designers in your TOU.
  • You may use any & all of your own CU, new and old.
  • You must post the previews here, in the forum, no later than midnight, EST on Saturday, August 20th.
  • Please upload to your FTP and email me the file names. I will share with the judges.
Your judges this month will be Me, Tracy {Ambowife Designs} and Anita Volmer {owner at digiscrap.nl}. You will be judged on how well you fullfill the criteria, how well you use the palette, the scrapability of your kit, as well as the visual impact of your preview.

Have fun and good luck!

Angeltown 08-15-2011 05:07 AM

Re: The Challenge: Ruby Lane Designs

Thank you, Toiny!!! I'm so excited to create something with this GORGEOUS palette and inspiration! 8D

Putting my digi hat on now and gettin' to work! ;)

Amber Shaw 08-15-2011 03:23 PM

ooooh! Look at that! This will be intriguing! :) I too will be gettin' to work! See ya soon!

Toiny 08-15-2011 05:14 PM

Are you done? Are you done yet? Getting excited to see what you managed.

SkrapperDigitals 08-15-2011 08:25 PM

oohhh great palette! this is going to be exciting! :-)

Min 08-15-2011 11:38 PM

Can't wait to see what the two of you will do - this is so exciting :((

bcalberti 08-16-2011 07:01 PM

waiting................................. {somewhat} patiently.......................

Amber Shaw 08-16-2011 09:29 PM

LOL Ladies, well I had 1 paper done yesterday then I got a phone call. My mother took my daughter to my mother's friends home for a hair trim before school starts. When finished my mom's friend asked my daughter to stand so she could check her hair for evenness (word?)... at about the 2 minute mark, my daughter went out cold, hit her head on the counter and a face plant to the floor! SO.. instead of spending my first night creating, I spent it in the ER until after 1 am to make sure it was not anything serious. Thank God they determined it must have been some dehydration (thought I don't see how, she wasn't even outside yesterday) and she stood up quickly and her blood pressure caused her to faint! Tonight was school open house so as of right now.. I am at 1 paper and 3 hand drawn ellies... I am thinking it will be more of how I use to do in high school... burn the midnight oil right before my assignment is due! LOL

Miranda 08-17-2011 01:10 AM

Such a nice colorpalette! Can't wait to see what they do with it!

Min 08-17-2011 02:25 AM

Oh, Amber, that's scary - I'm glad it wasn't anything serious!!!

Toiny 08-17-2011 02:58 AM

((Amber))) so glad she is okay! Kids know how to keep our hearts pumping don't they?

Big smooches for both of you.

Ambowife Designs 08-17-2011 06:51 AM

OH Amber I am so glad she is okay too, can't wait to see what you two gals come up with ;)

Janet-B 08-17-2011 08:46 AM

Amber, so glad that she wasn't seriously hurt. That had to be so frightening for you!

Amber Shaw 08-17-2011 09:03 AM

aww thanks everyone! I too am grateful she is ok! Today was their first day of school so I told her to just take it easy on the playground.

This morning, I then drive off crying since my youngest started Kindergarten waaaa!!! I now have a HS Jr, 7th grade, 5th, grade and the baby is now a big boy K ... sigh!

How are you coming along Miss Angel?! :)

Toiny 08-17-2011 10:19 AM

Look at you Amber, sneaking a scope of the competition. I see that ;p

Back at school. Sigh. We've got 4 more weeks. I need to come up with some more fun "Camp Mom" stuff around here. Big hugs for you. Sending that last one out the door is such an empty feeling, and such a big deal to them.

Amber Shaw 08-17-2011 10:24 AM

he he :) No I wasn't! I was just um... checking on her!

... yes it so sad ... and guess how smart I am?! I FORGOT to get his shots! Nice! Now I have to get them before Friday or he can't come to school ARGH

Toiny 08-17-2011 11:20 AM

ROFL! If it makes you feel any better... I'm pretty sure I did that with one of the kids as well.

On another note, here they don't check immunization records. I filled out one (1)! piece of paper to enroll them and bam. Done. No birth certificate checks, nothing. We started the next day. Maybe you should move next door to me?

DarlineHM 08-17-2011 03:55 PM

I hope she stayes ok...

kimberkatt 08-17-2011 06:48 PM

Aww, Amber, so glad your daughter is okay, ((HUGS)) to you! :XX

I am prone to blood pressure drops and fainting, especially if I stand too quickly after sitting for a while, I get the dizzies & flashing specks of light, but I've learned how to breathe to get myself out of it before I pass out... it's scary when you don't know what's going on!! Luckily, it hasn't happened in years... now I better go find some wood to knock on!! LOL!

On another note....... are you done yet?? 0:) 8D

LindaC 08-18-2011 09:07 AM

What a fantastic idea... gorgeous color palette... love, love, love it!! I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!!

Oh my goodness Amber... I am so glad it was nothing more serious and that your daughter will be okay! (((hugsss)))

Now... let's see some previews!! LoL!! Good luck ladies!!! :)