theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2011 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   NDC Round 1: Daybreak (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9674)

Toiny 09-01-2011 05:07 AM

NDC Round 1: Daybreak

Hello ALL!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I am on-the-edge-of-my-seat excited to see what everyone is bringing to this competition. September has always been my favorite part of the year, fall, back-to-school, my birthday and now the annual Next Designer Competition here at theStudio.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio... here.<A href=
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio..._NDC_week1.jpg

Hex #’s<o:p></o:p>
Row 1: #d0e0ea; # dee4ea; # d5d3e4; # ebd7e4; # e8e8e9<o:p></o:p>
Row 2: #aecfde; # 778aaa; # b8b9d7; # e2adce; # 9a9a9a<o:p></o:p>

The Rules:

Use the above color palette & theme to create a mini-kit. You may add black & white if needed. Your mini-kit must include:
  • Exactly 5 papers:
    • 3 patterned papers<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 solid papers<o:p></o:p>
    • either jpg or png<o:p></o:p>
  • 12 unique elements.<o:p></o:p>
  • Include a terms of use (TOU) within your zip file(s).<o:p></o:p>
  • The preview must be 600X600px, 72dpi, and a jpg file. <o:p></o:p>
  • The preview must include all papers, elements, kit name and your logo.<o:p></o:p>
  • Previews must be posted in the Annual Next Designer Contest Gallery: NDC Round 1: Daybreak due September 5, 2011 by 24:00 EST.<o:p></o:p>
  • Include your download links with your preview in the gallery.<o:p></o:p>
  • Links must be available until September 9, 2011. It is appreciated if they are available until October 1, 2011.<o:p></o:p>
You may use commercial use/designer resource products in the creation of your mini-kit. You may use more than one photo-editing/vector program to create your kit. You may use plug-ins.

Please do not break any copyright laws in this competition--you will be disqualified if you do. Do give credit, as required, to any Commercial Use products you use.<o:p></o:p>

All previews must be posted in the Annual Next Designer Contest Gallery: NDC Round 1: Daybreak. Please post your download links there as well. You may use any outside host including 4shared/rapidshare/boxnet etc. You must use ZIP files only. Do not use RAR. You may blog all you like about the contest.<o:p></o:p>

Voting will be done by theStudio Design & Admin teams only.
Round 1 kit will be due September 5, 2011 by 24:00 EST.
Round 1 results will be posted September 8, 2011 by 6:00 am EST.

I have worked hard to make these rules as clear and easy to understand as possible. However, if you have any questions please post here or PM me. I will take all questions and create a separate FAQ for everyone to benefit (I will leave your name off).

Good luck!

Toiny <o:p></o:p>

Swatch: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio..._NDC_week1.aco

tanteva 09-01-2011 05:10 AM

Re: NDC Round 1: Daybreak

Oh, LOVELY colors. Little scary though, soft light colors can be hard to work with. This will be FUN!!!

tailz61 09-01-2011 05:11 AM

oh dear I'm not off to a good start...I'm unable to download the PS Swatch..keep getting a 404 file error :(...unless I'm too quick and you've not got too that bit yet ;)

Ambowife Designs 09-01-2011 05:14 AM

wow can't wait to see how you all go with this theme and palette, sure looks challenging to me ;)
good luck ladies!

Toiny 09-01-2011 05:14 AM

I had an issue. I believe I fixed the issue. Let me know if you are still having trouble?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tailz61 (Post 103532)
oh dear I'm not off to a good start...I'm unable to download the PS Swatch..keep getting a 404 file error :(...unless I'm too quick and you've not got too that bit yet ;)

Chrismar 09-01-2011 05:15 AM

Wow, let the games begin ... or rather, let the designing begin! Good luck ladies! And thanks Toiny for this contest and all your hard work in making it so exciting!

camperchow 09-01-2011 05:17 AM

I am still getting the Error 404.

Ambowife Designs 09-01-2011 05:20 AM

try this one
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio..._NDC_week1.aco

tailz61 09-01-2011 05:20 AM

Thanks alls good now but you need to click on the image not the "click HERE for PS Swatch" link and then it works fine :)

Ambowife Designs 09-01-2011 05:22 AM

rofl I just figured that out too, lol. oh well good luck everyone ;)

Chrismar 09-01-2011 05:23 AM

I also still get the error message when trying to download the swatch?

camperchow 09-01-2011 05:24 AM

Thanks Tracy

Lynn 09-01-2011 05:27 AM

Got the swatch, thank you. Of course, if I had switched my brain on, then I would have tried clicking on the image as well and wouldn't have had a minor meltdown panicking about getting a 404 error!

Maggi 09-01-2011 05:29 AM

I love the colors. Good luck everyone.
:DD

Jilbs 09-01-2011 05:34 AM

Ummm... I'm still getting an error - even if I click on the swatch...

I do love those colours though!

Chrismar 09-01-2011 05:35 AM

Got the swatch, thank you everyone. Beautiful colors though

tailz61 09-01-2011 05:39 AM

ooh forgot too say I love those colours :)

Toiny 09-01-2011 05:39 AM

Yay! And if me posting the swatch is all that goes wrong... well, color me happy (pun so intended).

I'm glad, so far, the swatch is liked. I know it is not everyone's cup-of-tea. The world would be boring if it was, but I'm hoping the Challenge of using it stretches all your wings.

kakleidesigns 09-01-2011 05:40 AM

I adore pale colors also, and I love this swatch, just a question and I am so sorry for start bothering but Toiny, when you say solid papers you mean without texture, without nothing, just solid with a single color?
Just wondering since I always work with textures, even in solid papers and soft ones, I am used to use some kind of texture , and I don't want to start and do it wrong, thanks so much...I love this contest already.

Toiny 09-01-2011 05:45 AM

Eeek! NO Karen. I mean solid with texture. Even with some variation of color throughout, or on the edges. I mean without pattern.

Please do use texture.

And you are never a bother. Please ask away... any & all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakleidesigns (Post 103550)
I adore pale colors also, and I love this swatch, just a question and I am so sorry for start bothering but Toiny, when you say solid papers you mean without texture, without nothing, just solid with a single color?
Just wondering since I always work with textures, even in solid papers and soft ones, I am used to use some kind of texture , and I don't want to start and do it wrong, thanks so much...I love this contest already.