theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Mega 2011 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   Member Mega Instructions (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9679)

mandak 09-01-2011 08:28 AM

Member Mega Instructions

Welcome to the Birthday Bash '11 Member Mega Challenge! This challenge runs much like a color challenge does. I'll be giving you a palette and your job is to create a beautiful mini kit using those colors, upload it to the gallery and share the preview and a download link in the sharing thread located here. You can upload your zip file to any file sharing site like 4shared. At the end of the month, you'll have a beautiful coordinating kit!

I do ask that you follow a few simple rules:

1) Make sure to check the TOU on any CU stuff you are using. Make sure it's freebie friendly!
2) Make sure to leave love for any of the mini kits you choose to download. You can do this in the gallery to help keep this thread cleaner.
3) Please leave your mini free until October 15 here in the forum, after that it's yours to do with what you please!
4) Place the "Birthday Bash Member Mega" badge (below) on your preview somewhere (so these don't get mixed up with the designer contest and other challenges).
4) Have fun!

Here are your colors, I tried to pick something that could go girl or boy and would fit many themes! I also tried to stay away from back to school type colors, traditional birthday colors and fall colors since we're seeing so many of those types of kits in digi-land right now! You are free to design your kit using any theme you choose - I like to keep things loose and laid back! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the challenge! Have fun! I can't wait to see how these colors inspire you!

Hex Codes: #95718d #81bfbc #dfa96d #d5a0a8 #e2d788 #767475
Swatch (.aco) File: Download Here: https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1sOQE86ys2PuIG

If you don't design, feel free to snag the mini kits (making sure to leave love) and create a beautiful layout with them. Share your layouts in the layout thread located here! Be sure to properly credit all kits used!

Here is the badge to include on your web-ready preview - right click to save the image:

kimberkatt 09-01-2011 12:00 PM

Re: Member Mega Instructions

oh, that's a gorgeous palette Manda! I'm in for sure!! LOVE the badge, what a great idea! :DD

Ambowife Designs 09-01-2011 05:11 PM

Me too those colors are delish :) Thanks Manda

mandak 09-02-2011 08:16 AM

thanks girls!

teresaj 09-04-2011 02:04 PM

Beautiful colors.

tanteva 09-04-2011 03:19 PM

Oh, I loooove this palette! I gotta do something with this.

twizzle 09-06-2011 07:19 AM

I'm a newbie to digiscrapping but I might manage an alpha.

Would that be ok?

mandak 09-06-2011 08:24 AM

twizzle - Absolutely! You can design anything for this!

sbc33 09-06-2011 10:52 AM

Manda - do you have hex or other codes for the colors?

Thanks.

Paper Capers Designs 09-06-2011 03:43 PM

Can we add in black and or white?
Or even a kraft type color?

Just have a few ideas in my head and want to know which way to head! LOL

THANKS!

mandak 09-06-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbc33 (Post 104592)
Manda - do you have hex or other codes for the colors?

Thanks.

Yes, I will add them to the original post shortly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickilyn (Post 104640)
Can we add in black and or white?
Or even a kraft type color?

Just have a few ideas in my head and want to know which way to head! LOL

THANKS!

Yes, you can add black, white or kraft as you see fit! We're flexible here so get creative!

Paper Capers Designs 09-06-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks for the quick response! Off to work...LOL

mandak 09-06-2011 05:20 PM

Can't wait to see!

Paper Capers Designs 09-06-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandak (Post 104675)
Can't wait to see!

It's in the gallery :)

sbc33 09-06-2011 09:12 PM

Thanks for the color codes!

tanteva 09-07-2011 02:46 AM

A question: how do you use the color codes? I just use the color picker tool on the little image of the colors. First time ever I used a color swatch file was now in NDC 1.

Enchanted 09-07-2011 06:52 AM

when you open your color palatte in your program.. there at the bottom of the pop up for it, will be a 6-digit number with a # sign infront . that is the hex code. does that make sense?

tanteva 09-07-2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted (Post 104744)
when you open your color palatte in your program.. there at the bottom of the pop up for it, will be a 6-digit number with a # sign infront . that is the hex code. does that make sense?

ah, ok. But I guess I can't make aco.files in PSE. Have to google that. Much easier to have a swatch, then copying the hex# into that field every time :) Thanks!

tanteva 09-07-2011 07:11 AM

Ok, I didn't find what I was looking for, but this was a fun trick I didn't know about. You maybe did, but in case it's new for anyone else, I'm sharing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEx3VC7bxIQ
Hope this is ok.
(not for this challenge, I know, since we have a color swatch already, but for future needs :) )

mandak 09-07-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbc33 (Post 104728)
Thanks for the color codes!

You're Welcome!