theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2011 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Round 1 Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9777)

Toiny 09-05-2011 11:12 PM

Round 1 Chatter

For any questions, comments or useful tips to share as we wait for voting & the announcement for Round 2.

RoseMade 09-06-2011 01:14 AM

Re: Round 1 Chatter

I had a really good time creating my kit for Round 1. Everyone did such a great job. I have several entries I have not commented on yet since they were posted while I was ZZZZZZZ. I hope to get to them soon.

Congratulations to everyone! Well done!

Marcee

P.S. When I get home from work, I'll get my avatar set up. I always forget to do that - oops! :DD

Chrismar 09-06-2011 02:18 AM

Wow, I never thought this would be so much fun! I'm now more sure than I've ever before been that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life ... although, I've still got so much to learn. At this stage I'm taking everyhting in like a spunge ... better than any written tutorial on "how to". Just do it!

Thanx Toiny for making it possible for us all!

tanteva 09-06-2011 03:29 AM

Great that you started a new thread for us to chatter in. Got a bit worried where to chat when I saw the other one closed :) A big WOW for 81 uploads to the gallery!!! I know there are a few that posted more than one preview, but I guess this means about 75 participants. So much talent!!! I'm sure many will agree with me when I say I'm happy I don't have to vote on this :)

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you in next weeks challenge!!!

ksunstar 09-06-2011 04:57 AM

Good Luck Everyone!

lbettis 09-06-2011 05:13 AM

Had a wonderful time on round 1 and wish each and everyone of you Good Luck. Toiny and team thank you.

Cabalistic 09-06-2011 05:44 AM

Haven't had time to leave love in the gallery yet, excited about all the wonderful kits I've seen so far though. Good luck to everyone, I had a blast this round.

tailz61 09-06-2011 05:53 AM

waiting waiting waiting...serious i know you guys have ya work cut out for you but I just wanna say thanks had a great time and enjoyed myself immensely...but how loooooong do we have to wait I don't do waiting well lol I can't stand the suspense lol

Enchanted 09-06-2011 05:53 AM

slowly been leaving some love. with so many entries.. it's gonna take some time.
Good Luck everyone!

Aveziur 09-06-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanteva (Post 104513)
... I'm sure many will agree with me when I say I'm happy I don't have to vote on this :)

You're right. It's been a very difficult and long vote, but I love all the designs I saw :O

mrscwooddell 09-06-2011 06:15 AM

I am shocked at how many there were! WOW! I so feel sorry for those voting...OUt of curiosity, do those voting have to download all the kits, then vote, or just look at them? Thats a LOT of downloading...lol
Thanks for the great fun Toiny and team! :)

Jilbs 09-06-2011 06:19 AM

I was wondering the same thing! lol!

Thankyou so much ! I had fun & learnt heaps too! :)

prettyingreen 09-06-2011 06:26 AM

I can't wait to see what the next challenge is weather or not im moving on, i had so much fun with my kit and those colors! oh and thank you to everyone who left me such sweet comments :)

rabbitrun 09-06-2011 06:59 AM

It was great fun ans such a lovely kit. I am glad I don't have to vote. There are so many great pages. Thank you for letting me play along.

tanteva 09-06-2011 06:59 AM

Now I've been a good girl and left love in the gallery for everyone. (I sure hope I didn't miss anyone, the phone was ringing, and I have this thing called "son" to deal with too ;) ) Gee, there's so much good stuff in the gallery!

amplantier 09-06-2011 07:09 AM

I really enjoyed Round 1 and getting to see all the wonderful creations. I loved all the different perspectives on the daybreak theme and how each person took the same color palette in very different directions. This is such a fun contest. I'm really happy to be here.

mollyscraps 09-06-2011 07:29 AM

Okay so last year, I was soooooooo nervous. This year I was able to stress less. Knowing that only about half of us will go on makes me think about every little thing I would have changed though.....

Ashkenazi 09-06-2011 07:30 AM

It is hard when you are the other side of the world to most of the contestants, but hey it's fun...
Good luck to EVERYONE as all the kits are amazing and can't wait to find out what happens next......if l am lucky enough to move on....
:((:((:((

Paper Capers Designs 09-06-2011 07:33 AM

There are such lovely entries in the gallery! I am new here and when I found the contest, I just kind of jumped and ran - didn't really take the time to say hello to everybody. Now that Round 1 is done, I can relax a bit and look around! Seems like a lovely place to be! :)

Chrismar 09-06-2011 07:38 AM

I wonder what the next round will bring? For those who goes through I mean! Will it be much the same with just a different color scheme/palette ... or what? Maybe some of the more seasoned veterans/gurus can give us some idea of what to expect? Just from previous experiences naturally.