theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2011 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   How many are moving on? (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9783)

Toiny 09-06-2011 03:59 AM

How many are moving on?

I know some of you are very anxious for these numbers.... so here we go!

Moving on, per round:
  • Round 1: 40 will go to Round 2
  • Round 2: 20 will go to Round 3
  • Round 3: 10 will go to Round 4
  • Round 4: 3 Finalists will win a Wacom Bamboo and a Studio Designer Offer

RoseMade 09-06-2011 04:36 AM

Re: How many are moving on?

I know it will be a very hard decision to make if half are being cut.
Good luck everyone!
Shhh...don't tell that I am posting this at work. ;)

Marcee

Cabalistic 09-06-2011 05:45 AM

Wow, so many entries. I don't envy the judges that's for sure! Can't wait to see the final results!Good luck everyone! :D

Enchanted 09-06-2011 05:51 AM

wow! that's A LOT to sort through! good luck :)

mommykinz987 09-06-2011 05:52 AM

I didn't end up submitting a kit, just couldn't get the embellisments finished, but I learned a lot and that's good enough for me. Good Luck everyone - your kits look fabulous!

jusmedigital 09-06-2011 07:20 AM

good luck everyone!

Paper Capers Designs 09-06-2011 07:36 AM

As everybody else said - I don't envy the judges! But good luck to all judges and contestants!! Can't wait to see who moves on!

Chrismar 09-06-2011 07:52 AM

Thanx for telling us Toiny. Sorry to bother you but approximately when will the results be posted? I'm battling and cannot get my mind to focus on my work!

kimberkatt 09-06-2011 08:02 AM

Results will be posted early morning Sept. 8th ;) Best of luck to you all! Now I need to go stress about the voting... OY! :duh: You guys made this WAY too difficult!!! :))

Cabalistic 09-06-2011 08:15 AM

Hmm, I thought I saw somewhere that Toiny said the list for Round 2 would be posted sometime today. Perhaps I read it wrong? Regardless, I'm gonna try to relax and go over some ideas for round 2 with fingers crossed. :D

lpoore 09-06-2011 08:36 AM

I can't hardly wait, sure would be hard to pick..

vadkins 09-06-2011 08:50 AM

Wow. You guys really do have a hard job ahead! I'm excited that so many are participating, though. What a great contest!

Toiny 09-06-2011 08:56 AM

Sorry guys! We need time to vote. The list will be posted early on Thursday, followed shortly by the round 2 challenge posting.

I apologize for the confusion. Today I only posted the numbers of how many are moving forward. Not the list of those moving on.

Hang in there! You made it tough for us. I still haven't voted, it's very hard to narrow it down.

Heatheranne 09-06-2011 10:10 AM

I got my kit uploaded with a little time to spare! Woo! Hoo! I don't envy the judges for the job that they have ahead of them. So many beautiful kits to choose from and so little time to do it. I've learned a few new things, had a hoot making my kit and have enjoyed the journey, this far. Good luck with round one, everyone! Now that I'm rested, I'm going to catch up on reading threads and doing some posting. Have a great day! :-)

Lynn 09-06-2011 10:24 AM

I don't envy the judges at all. It may be nerve-racking being a contestant and stressing over what elements to make and so on, but it must be far worse having the responsibility of judging. No matter what happens, I had fun making my kit and learning some new techniques in the process, so it is all good :). Good luck everyone!

KatyBugScraps 09-06-2011 10:40 AM

Will constructive feedback be provided on an individual or group basis, or not at all? With so many kits entered, I realize that this is a daunting task; but, on the other hand, any direction of how to improve would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this question has been previously answered and I missed it in the threads.

Thanks for such a wonderful contest. I am new to the forum here, even though I have popped in and out of the store several time over the last few months.

Fran98765 09-06-2011 10:41 AM

Someone asked about the feedback the other day and they said there wouldn't be any.

KatyBugScraps 09-06-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fran98765 (Post 104588)
Someone asked about the feedback the other day and they said there wouldn't be any.

Oh. Thanks for the quick answer.

tanteva 09-06-2011 12:43 PM

Will we know how the voting went? I mean more than which 40 that made it to round 2. Not sure I would want to know. I mean if you are #40 you know you just made it ... or if you are #41 and just missed it ... both would feel bad LOL

Toiny 09-06-2011 12:59 PM

I think, just for that reason, I will leave how the voting went off the announcement. I feel horrible for #41, I can't imagine hearing that you are #41 would be any better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanteva (Post 104613)
Will we know how the voting went? I mean more than which 40 that made it to round 2. Not sure I would want to know. I mean if you are #40 you know you just made it ... or if you are #41 and just missed it ... both would feel bad LOL