theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Next Designer Contest 2011 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   NDC Round 2 Chatter (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9803)

Toiny 09-08-2011 05:46 AM

NDC Round 2 Chatter

Chatter away!

Enchanted 09-08-2011 07:24 AM

Re: NDC Round 2 Chatter

*squee* g'mornin! i've been up for nearly 2hrs now. I was so excited..^_^
Summer afternoon.. gonna be quite the challenge.. Onward!! Good Luck everyone!! ♥

jusmedigital 09-08-2011 07:31 AM

I know...I'm in fall mode already. gotta think back a few weeks ago when it was 100* here

good luck!!

missys_bits 09-08-2011 08:32 AM

I'm in FL and we are still pretty warm-with the exception of yesterday- it was an amazing 81 degrees! I'm actually nursing a pretty nasty sunburn from a trip to the beach on labor day with DS.

Chrismar 09-08-2011 08:39 AM

Oh my Word. I was so excited about getting into the 2nd round ... I only now realised that I have never worked with a PSD template (or any template for that matter) before. I'm still relatively new to Photoshop Elements. I think I'm screwed ... any suggestions for a panicky apprentice designer?

:'( :blech: :o

ladyofthethorns 09-08-2011 09:53 AM

Life sure is interesting, isn't it??!!

I posted in another thread that I was in an accident with a deer this past Sunday night... just got the appraisal back, the car has been deemed a total loss. :'( The timing for this is just sooooooooooo bad. I guess I'll have to try to find a place to buy super powers somewhere so I can design, do all the other social engagements I have this weekend and shop for a car too. Anyone know where I can find such a potion?? LOL

SnickerdoodleDesigns 09-08-2011 10:50 AM

Sorry about the car, Rose... ugh. At least all are safe (except the deer.) ;( If you find that potion, would you consider bottling it? I have out-of-state company and will be at a conference all day/evening Friday and Saturday. Luckily she's a late sleeper and I'm an early riser, so I can squeeze in a few hours there. Yea!

Toiny 09-08-2011 11:23 AM

I know there's got to be a great tutorial out there somewhere, I'll bump heads with my team & find you one make you one. Right now, you worry about designing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrismar (Post 105144)
Oh my Word. I was so excited about getting into the 2nd round ... I only now realised that I have never worked with a PSD template (or any template for that matter) before. I'm still relatively new to Photoshop Elements. I think I'm screwed ... any suggestions for a panicky apprentice designer?

vickyday 09-08-2011 07:28 PM

The easy thing to do with the template is open it,
select the layer you are going to "replace" with your paper,
"place" your paper,
hit CTRL+G,
move the paper around the way you want it to look on the preview,
hit CTRL+E.
Do this for all layers of the template. Then add your elements on top of the papers. Hope that helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrismar (Post 105144)

MizzKitten 09-08-2011 07:28 PM

I am really here?? in the second round?? :D

vickyday 09-08-2011 09:02 PM

Well, now that I have opened the preview template, I can't figure out how to use it, LOL! In the layers palette, the papers are all showing in a folder. How do I get them out of the folder onto individual layers to group my papers the the template layers? I've never seen a psd file like this one! I use PSE6, in case that helps someone to be able to answer the question. THANKS!

kakleidesigns 09-08-2011 11:23 PM

if you are still looking for inspiration, I made a few swatches that you might like here
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...or%20palettes/

SnickerdoodleDesigns 09-09-2011 12:36 AM

Vicky - This should help, if you haven't already figured it out.
http://www.simplephotoshop.com/eleme...US/ungroup.htm

vickyday 09-09-2011 12:50 AM

Thanks, Karen. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Might be the version of PSE that I have is too old! But, thanks anyway! I just downloaded the tif file and that works!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns (Post 105305)
Vicky - This should help, if you haven't already figured it out.
http://www.simplephotoshop.com/eleme...US/ungroup.htm

Chrismar 09-09-2011 04:01 AM

Thanks everyone, I got it right. Vicky, you were the only other one who had the same problem as me and incidentally you were the one who gave me the solution to my problem. Using the tiff file, so easy. Thanks also Toiny & Karen, for trying to help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickyday (Post 105306)
Thanks, Karen. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Might be the version of PSE that I have is too old! But, thanks anyway! I just downloaded the tif file and that works!

missys_bits 09-09-2011 07:41 AM

tiffs take up less room on your hard drive than psds anyway :)

SnickerdoodleDesigns 09-09-2011 08:17 AM

Glad you got it worked out, Vicky (and Chris).

vickyday 09-09-2011 08:27 AM

Glad I could help, Chris! I felt really dumb after telling you how to use the psd file and then opened it and saw it was different than I'd ever seen! :o Anyway...........glad we both got it figured out with the tif file! :duh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrismar (Post 105324)
Thanks everyone, I got it right. Vicky, you were the only other one who had the same problem as me and incidentally you were the one who gave me the solution to my problem. Using the tiff file, so easy. Thanks also Toiny & Karen, for trying to help.

missys_bits 09-09-2011 09:05 AM

I got my papers done! I love them :)

And tonight (gasp) I get to go on an actual date with my husband! I may faint from the shock of it all! LOL Dates have been harder to come by since my daughter was born- we have had maybe 3 in 8 months.

vickyday 09-09-2011 09:13 AM

I've got more papers than I need, but none of them are "speaking" to me so I'm still working! It is normally the elements I have problems with, but ..................