theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Master Designer (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   The Challenge: Jen C Designs (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9830)

Toiny 09-12-2011 01:01 AM

The Challenge: Jen C Designs

Jen & Christine, are you ready? I'm very, very ready.

Yesterday was 9.11.11 Ten years since the Twin Towers. I think a lot of us, American and non-American alike were caught up in our thoughts, remembering. I know, for me, a fierce pride came up. A pride of country, and I'm not even American.

This got me thinking of the pride I have in being Dutch, and how incredibly excited I am to be going 'home' later this week. And also, as I'm putting together German gifts for my cousins and Oma, how much pride I have in my newest country as well.

I know that Jen just moved a whole ocean away to a new country. I know Christine has also left the land of her birth, half a planet away, for a new country. Today's challenge is to put all your love of country into a kit. This can be the "old" or the "new" but when I look at that preview, I want to feel the love.

There will be no palette, this is up to each of you to create. The theme of your challenge: Love of Country.

The Rules
  • You must use the theme.
  • Name your kit.
  • 8-12 papers
  • 20-40 elements.
  • You may use your CU stash.
  • There is also $20 waiting for each of you to spend in our CU store. You may spend all, or none, on CU products to help in the creation of this kit.
  • Please credit the CU designers in your TOU.
  • You must post the previews here, in the forum, no later than midnight, EST on Saturday, September 17th.
  • Please upload to your FTP and email me the file names. I will share with the judges.
Your judges this month will be Me, Tracy {Ambowife Designs} and Mystery Judge. You will be judged on how well you fullfill the criteria, how well you create the palette, the scrapability of your kit, as well as the visual impact of your preview.

Have fun and good luck!

DigiliciousDesigns 09-12-2011 01:15 AM

Re: The Challenge: Jen C Designs

Oh my, what a fantastic challenge!! This is going to be soooooo tough 8| Good luck, Jen, and no sneaky peeking 8D ROFL!!!

jencdesigns 09-12-2011 02:05 AM

Christine I'm with you entirely about this both being amazing - and fantastic - and super tough!! What a great challenge - now to put my thinking cap on! This is a tough one!

Toiny 09-12-2011 02:49 AM

Yay! I'm so excited to see what you create. This will truly be a treat. Game on.

boo.6204 09-12-2011 03:07 AM

What a fantastic challenge. Can't wait to see what you both come up with. So glad I'm not on the judging panel.

Good luck girls

Twin Mom Scraps 09-12-2011 07:42 AM

good luck girls:)

ScrappyCocoa 09-12-2011 08:25 AM

What a challenge! Good Luck!

kimberkatt 09-12-2011 09:01 AM

Wow, now that's a challenge!! lol Best of luck gals, can't wait to see what you guys come up with! These will be fabulous kits!! :DD

DeannaS 09-12-2011 11:14 AM

Good luck girls!! Love you both!

Janet-B 09-12-2011 01:30 PM

Oh, wow!! What a challenge! I can't wait to see what each of you comes up with for this!

kcarlsen 09-12-2011 01:40 PM

This should be great! Good luck you guys! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Min 09-12-2011 02:08 PM

Oh my, what a challenge ... good luck to both of you, can't wait to see your kits! :D

amsangel 09-12-2011 09:30 PM

I cal already feel the love and pride of country, Good Luck Ladies!!

Aveziur 09-13-2011 05:16 AM

I love both of your works ladies, this is going to be an amazing challenge!!

Chrismar 09-13-2011 07:08 AM

Good luck to both of you. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

mama4bears 09-13-2011 10:08 AM

This is going to be great! You both do such fantastic work, good luck!

msbrad 09-13-2011 11:47 AM

Wow- what a challenge! Can't wait to see what y'all create.
Best of luck.
m

kimberkatt 09-13-2011 11:57 AM

What?? No previews yet?? :l

jencdesigns 09-13-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberkatt (Post 106018)
What?? No previews yet?? :l

LOL!! I wish - I keep having to restart my idea! But I'm finally settled now! :) Fingers crossed this attempt works!

Paper Capers Designs 09-13-2011 05:28 PM

Okay - you had three hours....previews now? LOL