theStudio

theStudio (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Hello from a Kiwi living in Australia (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9912)

debdux 09-23-2011 04:48 AM

Hello from a Kiwi living in Australia

Hi,

I have been hanging around here for a bit (one of my fav places to lurk while trying to get a feel for digi scrapping) I am a paper scrapper who is trying to learn the digi craft. Great month to hang about, having so many talented scrappers and designers involved in the competitions.

I am Mum to three grown kids who have stayed in NZ when hubby and I moved over the ditch (as they say) to Australia for his work. I am newly qualified as a massage therapist and my hobbies and interests include Scrapbooking and Genealogy.

Thanks for the friendly welcome and encouragement with my first layouts.

Cheers

Debra

Toiny 09-23-2011 05:14 AM

Re: Hello from a Kiwi living in Australia

Hi Debra!

Welcome to digi-scrapping. I don't think I've looked back since I started, though I am getting interested in Hybrid. This is a great place to be, I'm glad you are liking it so far.

Welcome on board!

Chrismar 09-23-2011 05:27 AM

Welcome Debra! So glad to have another new friend from over the sea! You will definately enjoy your time here @ theStudio as these people are so friendly and helpfull. There's always a tip or something else that they are sharing with us newbies in the digital world.

kimberkatt 09-23-2011 12:56 PM

Welcome to theStudio Debra!! ooohhhhh, massage therapist, that is cool! I could totally use a massage! lol

So glad you came on by to hang out with us, we are a pretty friendly bunch! If you need anything, just let us know!! :DD

Ambowife Designs 09-23-2011 06:49 PM

Welcome Debra I'm a sydneysider :)
I'm sure you'll love it here at the studio. What program are you using to start your dive into the digi world? your pages so far look lovely hun ;)

debdux 09-26-2011 04:57 PM

I am using PSE 7. Brought it from a real store when it was the latest with the intention of playing with my photos a bit and venturing into digi scrapping. Have been paper scrapping - often with old photos that have resided in shoe boxes (I have negatives seperately) and would prefer to muck around and play with them and get them in an album and being looked at, than sitting in a shoe box (I know they say don't use your originals) However we have been taking digital photos since 2002 so this is logical really. I joked with hubby that it would be when our household stuff was packed to move again that digi might take hold of me (but I have access to both right now, and I have finally just started playing with digi) Silly to be scared of it really - I cover up oopsies on paper so why not play knowing I have an 'undo' button.

Thanks for the encouragement

Debra

debdux 09-26-2011 05:01 PM

Oh and forgot to say to Tracey, I am also in Sydney (however you may yet be miles from me with the scale of the city LOL!)

Debra

kimberkatt 09-26-2011 05:11 PM

oh, that undo button will be your best friend!! I couldn't scrap without it! lol

SnickerdoodleDesigns 10-13-2011 10:35 PM

Kimberly took the words right out of my mouth... Just like they say about Google being your "best friend"... so is "undo!" Welcome!

Ambowife Designs 10-15-2011 03:57 PM

LOL Debra, yes you're probably right, I am in near the Airport at Mascot so I'm IN the city pretty much. HUbby works as a paramedic in Oxford Street and inner city. Underbelly areas!!

debdux 10-18-2011 04:14 PM

Hi Tracey,

We are living walking distance from St Leonards Station, so also close to city but in another direction. In the big scheme of things in Sydney that's not really too far away. Hubby is contracting and is currently covering vast distances everyday so we have first hand experience of the scale of things here but pleased to live fairly central.

Debra