View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Chit Cat

Default Re: Week 5: Christmas

Here is mine. Thanks to everyone that helped me get to this weeks LO. Thanks to the divine Miss Piggy for the challenge and Christine (Digilicious Designs) for the kit. Although I loved each part of this process, it was so much fun to scrap something lighter this week. My fantastic Tanner is leaving Monday for the Air Force, I just had to put him in here. Now I am off to Dallas to spend some time with him before he goes.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...stockings.html

Journaling:

In 1975 I learned a new skill. I taught myself to crochet. That year for Christmas I made a stocking for each person in my family and each person in my husbands family. In my eyes they were just perfect and I was so proud of each and every one of them. The problem was that I did not know I needed to line them. Each year the stockings get stuffed with loving care. They hold everything from friut and nuts to shampoo and toothpaste with one very special gift tucked deep inside the toe. Each year they stretch a little more and each year it takes a little more to fill them. It is everyones favorite part of Christmas morning. When a new baby is born into the family, I always crochet a new stocking for the new arrival. I still don't put in a lining.